Thieves Can't Ride!

TCS T

So here is a story most of you can apprecaite or hate about my weekend. It goes like this:

I'm sleeping like a baby in my MOHO this last Saturday night at all of our favorite place (Dumont Dunes).

When I abruptly awake to pounding and yelling at my window at 4:30AM! It is my buddy Kenny Howard, and

he is screaming that someone just T-boned his coach on a quad! So, it takes me a couple of minutes to get my bearings and get dressed, then I run over to find my little buddy arguing with 2 degenerate young dudes (early 20's)! So I had to take charge of the situation and explain to these Dipsh!ts that they were not taking their Raptor 700R anywhere until somebody provided us with some ID and contact info! They refused and said their buddy had crashed the quad on a finger jump (about a 1/4 mile away) and was still lying face down in the sand? So I insisted forcefully that these 2 Aholes go ck. on their friend and bring us somebody responsible with ID back to retrieve the quad! So the 2 guys double up on the remaining banshee and head into the dark without the raptor! I ask my buddy for the flashlight and start looking over the demolished brand new 700R, guess what I found? No Flag, No Registration sticker, No Paddle tires, and surprise the ignition wiring has been cut and HOTWIRED! At this point I tell my buddy to kill all the exterior lights he had lit so these guys could find their way back to reconcile the damage, and that it was probably best if we laid low, because before these Aholes left, it was very heated and some threats were somewhat thrown in their direction. And who knows what these thieving bastards would come back with? So obviously they did not return to retrieve the stolen quad, so we called the cops and they came out at 9:00am and called in the vin to find it had been stolen from Vegas on the 4th of April! If we could have just put 2 and 2 together a little ahead of time we might have been able to string these dudes up to DIE out there! The towtruck took the bike and the CHP said Vegas Metro was not interested in fingerprinting the quad because it was just a small deal! Pretty Cool Huh?!

Edited by 3rotortrav

Damn, trav!! :dunno: Good job and good thinking! That's crazy! How hard did they hit the coach? Is it okay? At least you recovered the quad for someone. Props to you and Kenny! :thumb:

It was mostly paint damage, and the slide seems a little out of adjustment when closed now! Pretty lucky, it should be less than a $1000 to repair? :thumb:

post-195-1144728133_thumb.jpg

Here is another pic of the path this damn thing had to take to hit the MOHO! It must of locked the throttle partially open after the nose to tail endo this D!pshit pulled off at 4:30 in the morning! :laughoff:

post-195-1144728166_thumb.jpg

The only F'd up part is your buddy is probably out on the $$ for the fix and the bike looks pretty bad. Nice snag though. Too bad hind sight is 20/20....I would have come out just to dig the hole! Oh...did I say that out loud.

Cops suck, they never do anything. Are they at least gonna return the bike to the owner?

Tell me about it....we caught the people riding around in my son's stolen truck with different VIN #'s on it.....however we proved it was ours by the VIN on the frame and they let the people walk...... :laughing:

That's cool, I know where they live and I'm hoping Karma really works.

Damn, what a nightmare!!! It looks like a few hundred dollars worth of paint should fix that coach. Boy that looks like a nice rig. If it were mine, I think I would have killed them! :laughing::laughing: If not, held one of them until somone came back to get them with ID... Definately could have been a lot worse... Or better had they gotten a trip to jail. I HATE THEIFS!!!!

Here's to the guys that stole the quad and screwed up an innocent rig. :laughing::laughing: :headbang: :smiley: :thumb: It always sucks when crazy crap like that happens, afterwards you think of all the cool stuff you wish you would have done or said. Like hooking their nuts to the bumper of the stolen quad and cruising around until the cops got there. F those punks.

Would you recognize those jerks if you saw them again?

Maybe? :laughing:

That sucks that the MOHO got damaged. People are just stupid. Too bad your friends out the money to fix the MOHO. Cops suck, they never do anything. Are they at least gonna return the bike to the owner?

They were trying to contact the owners of the bike, but CHP could not gain victim contact info from LV Metro records?

The only F'd up part is your buddy is probably out on the $$ for the fix and the bike looks pretty bad. Nice snag though. Too bad hind sight is 20/20....I would have come out just to dig the hole! Oh...did I say that out loud.

It's CRAZY just thinking about having these same two guys that have violated us or someone close to us right in front of me for over a half an hour arguing about the accident! It was 4:30 in the AM and I don't think anybody would have missed these PR!CKS! I can't even believe they came to retrieve the quad! They must of been afraid of fingerprinting and getting caught, which leads me to believe they have had previous run-ins with Johnny Law! DAMN DISPICKABLE DIRTBAGS!!!!!!!!!!! :laughing: The anger I feel towards these people has led my brain to crazy ideas that I could have done to them without any remorse! I feel like a PSYCHO! :laughing:

they were probably looking for somthing else to steel if they didnt hit you guys they most likly were gonna sneak around and see what wasnt locked!! :laughing: you guys sure handled better then i would of! id most likely be in jail right now..

I just found out last night that the stolen bike was my brother-in-law's buddy, he did get it back. So thanks for all your help, im sure he appreciates it.

My Pleasure! :laughoff:

I just wish we could have done more to get those a-holes off the street! :happydrunks:

My Pleasure! :headbang:

I just wish we could have done more to get those a-holes off the street! :coocoo:

the next time just get the rope out and tie one end to the car and the other to their feet and drag their a$$`s over to the cops....lol :laughing: