got the ol truck running again

dunefreak

OK, since it is summertime and the board is kinda slow, I figure I'll share my stupid carburetor story with you all. :clown:

After d*cking around with this stupid old azz Holley carb for days and days now, I finally got it dialed in. I almost forgot how to work on these damn things after all the years of being away from them. Carburetor? What's THAT? :laughoff::laughing:

I completely went through the carb and rebuilt it. THEN, last weekend after I got it running, half way around the block the stupid needle and seat decided not to seal and it just started dumping fuel. :mex: I parked the p.o.s in the driveway and said eff it. Except, it wasn't quite far anough of the driveway. So sitting on an incline in the driveway :dope: , I started it about 20 times to try and move it up about a foot. Not so much. It died as soon as I took my foot off the gas. So I two-footed it and dropped the hammer and burned em up my driveway. :ah: :lol::dope::laughoff: I said screw it and went inside for a beer and left it until this weekend to mess with.

So today I finally went out and figured out why the needle wouldn't seal. There was this black chit getting pumped into the carb. :laughing: The old azz anodized fuel filter housing has a rubber seal that deteriorated to crap and got pumped up through the fuel line. :lol:

So I got her running again and it runs great. I didn't even throw in the plugs and change the oil like I meant to either. :whoop: I did wash it though! :yiah:

This time I threw some stabil in the gas so I don't have to do this again. :blury: I gotta start driving this thing some more. :peek:

post-3-1217201885_thumb.jpg

i have a project that has taken a back seat to my duning addiction last few years it has just sat in the backyard. 74 datsun 260Z i have new carbs (side daft su's anyone know how to set them up?) header, lights, master urethane suspension kit plus a few more things. it is a fun car i just dont have a large enough garage to start working on it again.

post-978-1217211580_thumb.jpg

post-978-1217212079_thumb.jpg

b*tch...i had the same truck in high school

but it was a dodge....and it had a long bed

and it was a v6

and it was green

wait....it was a volkswagen bug...

oh effe it...never mind :laughoff:

:peek:

hahaha thats real CLOSE CHEESE!! lol

Capt

Man I hate Holleys....they have like 10 million pieces in it when you rebuild...I always too them off and replaced with a carter

Capt

Carters are great for mild engines, but any motor with a big cam usually benefits from a Holley. At least that's my experience with them. :beercheers: :clown:

b*tch...i had the same truck in high school

but it was a dodge....and it had a long bed

and it was a v6

and it was green

wait....it was a volkswagen bug...

oh effe it...never mind :blah:

:hello:

:blah: fuggin a$$ clown!

:blah: :clown: :beercheers:

Now that you have refreshed you Carb. rebuilding skills, wanna rebuild the carb. on the Sami. Danny and his friend "Been Gonna" do it all summer. Still waiting. I guess since it is in my garage it is sort of a Out of Sight, Out of Mind thing.

Now that you have refreshed you Carb. rebuilding skills, wanna rebuild the carb. on the Sami. Danny and his friend "Been Gonna" do it all summer. Still waiting. I guess since it is in my garage it is sort of a Out of Sight, Out of Mind thing.

Um....NOPE! Sorry. :beercheers: Besides the carb on this truck and the carb on that sammy are like two completely different things. :poop: :blah: Electronic :blah: carbs. :blah:

throw a killer side draft weber on that sammy and call it done :D

Um....NOPE! Sorry. :beercheers: Besides the carb on this truck and the carb on that sammy are like two completely different things. :poop: :blah: Electronic :blah: carbs. :blah:

the 1.3's used traditional carbs nothing special besides the electric choke which is common on alot of carbs.. still got the usual crap.. not that hard to work on.

there are much better vendors than calmini...

Petroworks

Trailtough

LowRange Offroad

Rock4xfab

Personally Lowrange has just about everything from all the diffrent suzuki vendors and is where i would go.. between lowrange and trailtough those would be my 2 choices..

The Empi kit is a good kit but there are better alternatives.

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com Sign up and READ till your heart is content.. thats where i find damn near everything i will ever need to work on the sammy as well as another outstanding community of people.

there are much better vendors than calmini...

Petroworks

Trailtough

LowRange Offroad

Rock4xfab

Personally Lowrange has just about everything from all the diffrent suzuki vendors and is where i would go.. between lowrange and trailtough those would be my 2 choices..

The Empi kit is a good kit but there are better alternatives.

http://bbs.zuwharrie.com Sign up and READ till your heart is content.. thats where i find damn near everything i will ever need to work on the sammy as well as another outstanding community of people.

WOW thanks, I'll pass it on. :beercheers:

Edited by desertskyz

"i like it." how do you get by with out having to comprehend basic spanish? i can't order a whopper anymore without speaking spanish heh. un hamburguesa con queso por favor. orale.

Because this is THE UNTIED STATES OF AMERICA :blah: and we speak ENGISH not :beercheers: mexican. So I don't :blah: feel compelled to :blah: learn it. :rant_on:

Was that a little harsh?

Edited by desertskyz