Insurance

EY3BA11

What do you guys use and what is cheap. With us buying the house the wife wants me to shop for insurance as she thinks we are paying a little much. Currently using statefarm and have been for the past 4 years not one complaint with them.

Looking to insure. 3 vehichles full coverage, 1 ATV Policy, 1 Homeowners insurance policy. Open to all ideas and experiences.

Guest Crasher

Your homeowners insurance should go through your escrow and should be paid through an escrow account. At least that's my experience. They usually pick one for you, but I would talk to your title agent about making sure you get hooked up with the right company so you can have it automatically come out of your escrow account and you don't have to pay it separately (same with your property taxes). It's basically all in your house payment.

We have Metlife. Craig has had if for years through FedEx so we do pretty well with them. I really don't have any other suggestions on which company unforunately!!! I've had so many!! They are all crappy if you ask me!! :laughoff:

I currently have everything thru State Farm. My daughter is an agent for Allstate and they can't seem to even come close. :laughoff:

Nick....whatever you do, do not let the escrow company choose an insurer for you. They will pipe you :laughoff::laughoff: hard! I even switched the Havasu house over to State Farm / AZ from Farmers and it cut my premiums by almost 2/3rd's. :fro_smokin:

Just do a little homework. If you have multiple policies with most carriers you will get some type of discount :dope:

:laughoff:

Edited by mredgy

I use USAA for all of my insurance. I haven't seen anyone come close to thier rates. I believe it is only available for military or prior military, I could be wrong though. Worth a look see for sure.

Edited by WHIZ

Tiff our lender basically said pick a company :P and they would order the binder and stuff from our agent and get it squared away. So we are doin our research.. Ill give Chris Jones a call and see what he has to offer.. I currently pay about 280 a month for 3 autos, bike, renters, and special policy All 3 cars have full coverage even the sammy for theft purposes.. I will ask about the insurance coming out of the house payment cuz thats what i thought as well but was unsure if there was a insurance policy against the loan they are talking about and then one for the house itself or i dunno i got plenty of questions to ask. :D

Guest Crasher

Tiff our lender basically said pick a company :P and they would order the binder and stuff from our agent and get it squared away. So we are doin our research.. Ill give Chris Jones a call and see what he has to offer.. I currently pay about 280 a month for 3 autos, bike, renters, and special policy All 3 cars have full coverage even the sammy for theft purposes.. I will ask about the insurance coming out of the house payment cuz thats what i thought as well but was unsure if there was a insurance policy against the loan they are talking about and then one for the house itself or i dunno i got plenty of questions to ask. :D

Homeowner's Insurance is separate from Mortgage Insurance. You should have what they call an "Escrow Account" in every statement wherein they roll some of your payment over into a type of savings account for HO insurance, property taxes, etc. that come around. Sometimes people don't have this because they don't want to mess with it, but I would rather pay a little extra every month to make sure it's there and all taken care of by THEM!!

Sounds like State Farm is your best bet from what other peeps have posted. Good luck Nick!!! Congrats on the home again!! :laughoff:

Ill ask how this escrow account works i know the property tax's are included in the payment but was unsure of the insurance.. Ill give the lady a ring and ask how that all works :D

Nick, if your putting less than 20% down or it's a FHA loan then your impound account MUST be included in your payment. The mortgage company will set it up for you at the escrow company but you get to shop for the company and agent. The impound account will accomadate the property tax, insurance and mortgage insurance PMI/MIP.

Try calling Gary not because he is my brother but he really saved me a lot of $$ and there service is excellent.

If you have any other questions on your mortgage please feel free to call me I have :laughoff: 20 years in it.

Im thinkin about going home early today the A/C is still effed in my office if thats the case ill swing by the shop and ask you some questions :D

610-4539 and feel free to come by

Nick- I have had AAA for over 11 years now. Never had any problems with them. We get a multible policy discount, Cars/house one payment.

I don't have any connections but have been happy with the service all this time.

Guest Crasher

Nick, if your putting less than 20% down or it's a FHA loan then your impound account MUST be included in your payment. The mortgage company will set it up for you at the escrow company but you get to shop for the company and agent. The impound account will accomadate the property tax, insurance and mortgage insurance PMI/MIP.

Try calling Gary not because he is my brother but he really saved me a lot of $$ and there service is excellent.

If you have any other questions on your mortgage please feel free to call me I have :laughoff: 20 years in it.

Yep, it's an "Impound Account". I had it wrong thinking it was an "Escrow Account"....that's what I was talking about!!! However, I didn't know that it was required for anything less than 20% down though. Thanks for the clarification Terry! :laughoff:

I have ANPAC (American Naitional) for the house. Floyd White is my agent. 731-1024 They are very reasonabale rates and good cust svc. Don't think that you will save money by combining all vehciles, home etc through one company. That's not always the cheapest and best route to go...at least w/ my situation it wasn't.

As far as vehicles, I insure everything I have (trucks, vehicles, sandrail, trailer, etc) through Allstate and have never had any major rate increases or problems. I have been extremely statisfied with thier cust svc as well. I have had a handful of claims and always have been treated very fairly....except one time when some :laughoff: w/ no insurance whacked my old truck. :laughoff::laughoff:

Homeowner's Insurance is separate from Mortgage Insurance. You should have what they call an "Escrow Account" in every statement wherein they roll some of your payment over into a type of savings account for HO insurance, property taxes, etc. that come around. Sometimes people don't have this because they don't want to mess with it, but I would rather pay a little extra every month to make sure it's there and all taken care of by THEM!!

Yeppers, one less check to cry over every month!! Very convenient to have the mortgage co pay the insurance and taxes. Wouldn't do it any other way.

When we were still with Prudential, we received a cancellation notice on our homeowner's policy! :laughing: I called our agent and he handled the whole problem. Ins company didn't receive the check....mtg co stopped payment....issued new check....problem solved. No $ outta my pocket. Left Prudential down the road anyways. Oh well. :laughoff:

Nick, combining all your insurance with one company WILL save you money. Multi-policy discounts apply. We did have an issue, however, because not all companies will insure motorcycles, let alone our toyhauler and/or quads. Pays to shop around! :thumb:

Good luck with your new home, congrats!! :D:lol:

Nick, combining all your insurance with one company WILL save you money. Multi-policy discounts apply.

Not always will it be the cheapest though.

Yes discounts apply, but if their rates are way more than other companies to begin with, it doesn't really matter how much the discount is. It's the premium that matters first. :D

Ok, so what we've learned is sometimes, not always but sometimes you will save money having everything insured with one company. Sometimes, you will not save money using the same company for all your goodies!!! :laughoff::thumb::laughing::lol:

we go through State Farm on everything

there have been a few times that we think we are getting ripped off, so we shop around. in th end, every time, we are saving over 100 dollars a month through state farm

we have our house, both cars, all toys, toyhauler, life insurance...i know im forgetting something :lol:

anyway...state farm has been good to us...we have had 4 claims in the last 10 years with A+++ service.

good luck nick

you HOMO.....................................NER you

:laughing:

Ok, so what we've learned is sometimes, not always but sometimes you will save money having everything insured with one company. Sometimes, you will not save money using the same company for all your goodies!!! :thumb::blink::laughoff::laughing:

Don't act like you learned something with all your fancy talk! :clown: :clown: :clown: :lol: