Fire extinguisher mounting

dunefreak

I'm looking to get a new fire ext for the rail for the new season to come. The last one on my old rail broke out of the mount and it's a couple years old as well. I'd like to have some piece of mind with a new one in the new ride.

I'm wondering if maybe there's a frame clamp mount for one instead. I'll mount it up front somewhere since that is the last place for a fire to start. My last one (in my old car) was kinda in the way at times on the floor pan right in front of the driver seat. Right now I just have it in the wing truck- not the best place in the event of a fire- right near the gas tank. :ah:

Let's see some pics of how some of you rail guys have yours mounted.

Pete Im going to install a race system with just the push button control.

last I priced them they were only 600 bucks.

It would be nice to hit the button and get the fk out.

Plus have a spare mounted in the wing to finish it off.

FIRE FIRE!!!

FIRE FIRE

Edited by sanddunesaddict

I think they make barclamp ones for the race cars. I would check around on some race sites. I think we were gonna get one for the car we had in the mint but if I remeber right it was alittle spendy.

That's what I had in mind. I was hoping someone might have had a link and a pic how they mounted theirs. ;)

That's great all, but I just want a new fire exhinguisher. :clap: :freakin_nuts: I already knew what you had planned for the 2029 BaBert sandcar. :shake::shake:

I think that would be a little much for a car that is already completed. :headbang1: Too much to have to mount to fresh powdercoat. :booty:

not to mention halon systems are meant to work in closed enviroments by expelling all the oxigen from the area to kill the fire.. In a open caged car they wont work that well.. Will they put out the fire probably not.. will they suprress it enough to get it controlled probably. Personally i think an automatic halon system is a wast for a sand car.

not to mention halon systems are meant to work in closed enviroments by expelling all the oxigen from the area to kill the fire.. In a open caged car they wont work that well.. Will they put out the fire probably not.. will they suprress it enough to get it controlled probably. Personally i think an automatic halon system is a wast for a sand car.

race cars only have a body untill its burned off.

You go ahead and use what you want and I will stick with Halon or the new Dupont Cleanguard.

Halon will not only suppress the fire faster but also have no mess!!!

You go ahead and use what you want and I will stick with Halon or the new Dupont Cleanguard.

is the 2029 baberrrrrt special gonna be a full body car?

FIRE FIRE!!!

FIRE FIRE

Bert just put an ejection seat like the pilots use and after you turn your fire system on you can pop out the top :mischevious: :bawl:

Pete I will take a pic of mine if it is interesting enough lol

Capt

i wonder if randizzzzzle could hook el presidente up with something :D

I was thinkin' the same thing as I was reading, only I wasn't wondering. :bawl:

My CNCs are eating but always hungry. :rockwoot:

If you want something custom Dunefreak, Just let me know brotha. :rockwoot:

R-

:mischevious:

I was thinkin' the same thing as I was reading, only I wasn't wondering. :rockwoot:

My CNCs are eating but always hungry. :hungry:

If you want something custom Dunefreak, Just let me know brotha. :thumb:

R-

:mischevious:

Awww shhhiat. :mb: :rockwoot::laughing:

Thanks Randizz. Not sure if I need anything SUPER custom, but let me see what kind of extinguisher I get first. Most of them come with a mount, but I will definitely let ya know. Thanks man. :bawl:

I need to put one on my car as well, Upfront is ideal but I have a full body and nowhere to reach it easily incase of an emergency.

Randog- you might be able to go into an assembly line here and make a few bones on the side.

my dad works at a fire protection place so ill ask him if they have anything like that

Hey Brandon, I remembered that when I was thinking of getting a new one. Please send me his phone # or e-mail address so I can get with him about maybe buying a new extinguisher. Maybe even a CHROME one! :ah: :D

I need to put one on my car as well, Upfront is ideal but I have a full body and nowhere to reach it easily incase of an emergency.

Randog- you might be able to go into an assembly line here and make a few bones on the side.

Cool Cool,

Thanks for the heads up Tim. :blink:

I'm always down for a few extra bucks. :beercheers:

Hey Brandon, I remembered that when I was thinking of getting a new one. Please send me his phone # or e-mail address so I can get with him about maybe buying a new extinguisher. Maybe even a CHROME one! :ah: :D

Also Pete,

I bought a cool extinguisher at the SSSS show last year.

Maybe they will have some good ones this time around too. :beercheers:

Just a thought yo if Brandon's pops don't hook ya up. :blink:

R-

sent u a PM

Halon will take so much oxygen out of the air you won't be able to breath anywhere neer the discharge. FM200 has replaced Halon for the most part...

The downside of Halon is that it and other CFCs were the subject of a 1987 United Nations protocol signed by the United States and nearly 100 other nations, which essentially banned production of Halon for most purposes by the year 2000. In November 1992, that cutoff was accelerated to January 1994 with a more than $40 per pound excise tax on the Halon being imposed

here in the U.S.

The only Halon sources today are from existing first-run stocks and recycled material collected from old fire extinguishing systems in aircraft, computer rooms, libraries, etc. At least aviation is permitted to continue to use Halon "until further notice," because the United Nations has recognized that no effective substitute agents for firefighting in aircraft yet exist. Heavy Halon users such as the military and airlines, where Halon-charged systems protect engine, lavatory and cargo compartments are scrambling for an effective replacement agent.

Edited by indasand

Halon will take so much oxygen out of the air you won't be able to breath anywhere neer the discharge. FM200 has replaced Halon for the most part...

The downside of Halon is that it and other CFCs were the subject of a 1987 United Nations protocol signed by the United States and nearly 100 other nations, which essentially banned production of Halon for most purposes by the year 2000. In November 1992, that cutoff was accelerated to January 1994 with a more than $40 per pound excise tax on the Halon being imposed

here in the U.S.

The only Halon sources today are from existing first-run stocks and recycled material collected from old fire extinguishing systems in aircraft, computer rooms, libraries, etc. At least aviation is permitted to continue to use Halon "until further notice," because the United Nations has recognized that no effective substitute agents for firefighting in aircraft yet exist. Heavy Halon users such as the military and airlines, where Halon-charged systems protect engine, lavatory and cargo compartments are scrambling for an effective replacement agent.

Yep already knew all that and Im still going to use it.

I have a halon in my Monte Carlo also.

Yep already knew all that and Im still going to use it.

I have a halon in my Monte Carlo also.

OKEE DOKEE

But here's my :2cents:

FM-200®, a trusted choice in waterless fire suppression, is now a member of the DuPont family of clean agent fire extinguishants.

DuPont™ FM-200® is accepted and respected worldwide, with a history of protecting some of the world's most critical and irreplaceable assets. In fact, FM-200® is in use in over one hundred thousand applications, in more than 70 nations.

Many fire suppression systems can cause major damage to – and even destroy – the very things they are supposed to protect. You're looking to avoid damage – not cause it. You're looking to reduce downtime – not lengthen it. You want a fire suppression system that deploys quickly and cleanly and won't leave behind oily residue, particulate, or water. FM-200® fire suppressant stops fires fast. When you consider the potentially devastating environmental effects of an uncontrolled fire, it's easy to see that an FM-200® system is an important part of an environmentally responsible fire suppression solution.

FM-200® systems reach extinguishing levels in 10 seconds or less, stopping ordinary combustible, electrical, and flammable liquid fires before they cause significant damage. That's the fastest fire protection available, period. When fire is extinguished this quickly, it means less damage, lower repair costs, and an extra margin of safety for people. It also means less downtime and disruption of business.

FM-200® fire suppressant can be safely used where people are present.

In applications where space is at a premium, FM-200® fire suppression systems are the superior choice. The FM-200® agent is stored in cylinders as a liquid and pressurized with nitrogen, saving huge amounts of storage space. In fact, for the same amount of protection, FM-200® systems take up to seven times less storage space than systems based on CO2 and inert gases.

You cannot afford to settle for minimum fire protection when lives and valuable assets are at stake. There's no substitute for genuine DuPont™ FM-200® waterless fire protection. Ok I'll shutup... :beercheers:

here in the U.S.

I work for a company that installs and recharges extinguishers. Halitron is the new Halon. Just as expensive without all the downsides of Halon.