Dodge Challenger

RAGDOLL MX

Tried to buy a silver SRT8 this week, they wanted 20k over msrp, got em down to 3k over but they would not do MSRP. I'm going to order a 09 SRT8 now because they are available in the 6 speed manual. Hemi orange is my color of choice! Nice @ 425hp but they are friggin pigs @ 4000+ pounds. They get hit with a BIG gas guzzeler tax as well.. SRT8 = 13 MPG (Pemium fuel) Inside is very plastic and un refined but one look @ the outside and I was done...

Any dodge sales folks on this sight??? Willing to go MSRP, I figure with ramped up production, and the Camero, and new Mustang coming out they will be 2K back of invoice in a year after rebates... :dunno:

Done, I'll PM you my cell #. Tks, Eric

Edit for: If you have a couple of light colored 2008 2500's mega cab 4X4's with the Cummins let me know, I like the new 09's but not as much as the incentives on the 08's :)

Edited by raspadoo

I pmed you my cell too.

Gimmie a call, I dont have any idea what trucks we have on the lot right now and to be honest I dont really pay any attention.

All my focus lately is trying to get the broke a$$ banks to finance the broke a$$ customers :dunno::grin::pics::bawl::lol::lol:

i would be sold on that challenger if Dodge wasnt so greedy with the 20 over MSRP....fuggers...plus i want to wait till the 6speed comes out....and still wondering if i could get it in Plum Crazy Purple...now that would be sick! (even though i know it mainly came on the Cuda)...still want it on the Challenger! kinda like this one.

post-693-1223090933_thumb.jpg

post-693-1223090942_thumb.jpg

post-693-1223090952_thumb.jpg

post-693-1223090962_thumb.jpg

Edited by RAGDOLL MX

overweight.......pig. 425 hp....that dynos.....340-360.....for 50k......= not fast. If you like the car cool, I m glad they made it, and like the car, but 13 mpg......thats what they got in 1970.....

thats like 12% drivetrain loss thats pretty good actually. 4000 lbs is heavy but a 426 or 420 stroker kit and that motor would wake up. the drag package they got 800 lbs off the car with 370 ci and turning 11s. pretty good considering most of the early muscle cars of the past only turned 12s. and only with a big block in them.

they look awsom and a few tweaks you could make a good stop light racer out of it. if i get one im going 90 mm throttle body 420 ci stroke and an improved exaust/intake.

this econemy just needs to give me a break and ill have one :B

Edited by barefoot bob

I saw the drag package car run....low 12's in vegas and it was all 60ft. Tire and gear. 390 isnt bad.....but that means little, esspecially considering that some dynojets miss by 1000 hp....Great for tuning, but actual numbers.....lets see what the trap at. Still to heavy, just like the mustang, and the 2010 camaro.....atleast they are all equal pigs.

Still.....2009.....fuel injection, overdrive trans, light weight materials and they build a car that weighs 4000 lbs and gets 13 mpg?

No wonder detroit car makers are having a hard time. A nice used 3100 lb c5 zo6 sells for low 20's now and can pull down 20-24 in town and 28-32 on the road with the same performance or better at half the price, and still go around a corner.

I saw the drag package car run....low 12's in vegas and it was all 60ft. Tire and gear. 390 isnt bad.....but that means little, esspecially considering that some dynojets miss by 1000 hp....Great for tuning, but actual numbers.....lets see what the trap at. Still to heavy, just like the mustang, and the 2010 camaro.....atleast they are all equal pigs.

Still.....2009.....fuel injection, overdrive trans, light weight materials and they build a car that weighs 4000 lbs and gets 13 mpg?

No wonder detroit car makers are having a hard time. A nice used 3100 lb c5 zo6 sells for low 20's now and can pull down 20-24 in town and 28-32 on the road with the same performance or better at half the price, and still go around a corner.

:pile: :angry2: :shake:

I dont think so buddy, I've never heard of a big block 427 getting anything over 20 mpg, anywhere!

while thats great and all us married guys who want a hotrod need a back seat. i love corvettes but i couldnt go down to hamburger stand on hot rod night cause i couldnt take my chidrens . i would love a c6 vette with a cbm 415 or an lsx in ti just not practical.

challenger is more balanced for what i want. i dont like ford hot rods although there trucks are cool. and i like the challenger over the camaro in the looks dept :angry2:

:thumb::beercheers: :chkn:

I dont think so buddy, I've never heard of a big block 427 getting anything over 20 mpg, anywhere!

A c5 (2002-2004)z06 has a ls6.....346 ci.....I never said anything about a 427 bigblock car. I have two big block vettes, a 65 396 and a 66 427 car. Your right, though, on their best day, if you baby them maybe 12 mpg on the road. Real life, averages around 8.

You right Bob, and I know exactly what you mean. I have kids too, so my 64 vette is going to barrett jackson in Jan in scottsdale, but I just bought a 62 chevy II for the back seat.

A stroker in an srt8 would be nice, and some FI of some kind. I wonder how long it will be before the engine management will be a real possibility? Dodge does a great job of keeping their stuff, theirs.

A c5 (2002-2004)z06 has a ls6.....346 ci.....I never said anything about a 427 bigblock car. I have two big block vettes, a 65 396 and a 66 427 car. Your right, though, on their best day, if you baby them maybe 12 mpg on the road. Real life, averages around 8.

You right Bob, and I know exactly what you mean. I have kids too, so my 64 vette is going to barrett jackson in Jan in scottsdale, but I just bought a 62 chevy II for the back seat.

A stroker in an srt8 would be nice, and some FI of some kind. I wonder how long it will be before the engine management will be a real possibility? Dodge does a great job of keeping their stuff, theirs.

engine management is already here on the 300s 6.1, ill bet there already in the works.

they have even stuck the 426 in th 300s with some impreesive results.

Edited by barefoot bob

Last year at sema I talked with Bill Hahn for awhile about there piggy back. It looked like a way to go. They also do piggy backs for bikes (hayabusas which was the reason I first started talking to them.

Anyways, the hemis intake is straiht down, which allows to remove the upper intake and space it up. Hahn made a injector holder that fit inbetween the upper and lower intake with its own map and rpm based controller. For a turbo/ blower car it seemed like an affordable alternative. I havnt seen a laptop based program like hp tuners (ls based stuff). Hp tuners advertises it, but last I checked a few months ago it still wasnt available. The diablosport and hand held stuff, is a step, but not what I d really want to use. The hemi would be selling better if tuning and mods were easier/ cheaper.

The hahn stuff made getting enough fuel pretty easy, with 8 more injectors.

:beercheers: Touche

I thought the Z06 models were 427 ls7's. I heard one that was all cammed out with cut exhaust and it sounded like a fuggin 502. :chkn: