just getting into sandrails

AJ@SHORTYCLOTHING

My heavy, superlong 4 passenger 3.3 subie, is a gas mizer. 2/3 days, with enough driving to make your arms sore, from steering and Ill use 20-25 gallons. With the quads, and samurai, I fill them all up, and take 25-40 gallons.

I know a guy with a two passenger v8 car, runs good on the hill, and he ll take a 55 gallon drum of race gas and use it all in three days. I probably dune three times more then he does too. Its actually his biggest complaint. Between his rail and motorhome hell spend 500$ for thurs night to sunday and thats pulling an open car trailer behind his motorhome. I pull a 50 ft enclosed with my cummins, with two cars and 5 quads inside, and I use 20-25 gallons in th etruck round trip and then 25-40 in gas in the toys. My total fuel bill is half of his at the worst and I ussually leave with gas still in the jugs.

Edited by 1320

I have a Subaru 2.5L four seater and I use 5-10 gal. a day of VP 110. Race fuel is one of the things I would reconsider if I was getting another car. High octane fuels are expensive and kind of a pain in the a$$ to store.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 3.5l V6 (Shortstar) small LT 4-seater, I prolly burn 5-6 gal/day with moderate use. 30 gal gets me thru a 4-day weekend (buggy and three quads), usually with some to spare.

Last Glamis trip I had 10 gal left over, but then again I burned up my clutch on Saturday. :banghead:

I'd 2nd the thought about avoiding race gas, my life is much easier since all the toys burn 91 pump gas. Although I do love the smell of race gas in the morning... :headbang1:

Edited by Noozeyeguy

• 2 weeks later...