Which new quad to get!

Im 14 an im getting a new quad for next season, ive decided between a banshee or a kfx400.Im coming of a kasea 150 with a yamaha rd400 street bike motor in it.Its mainly for drags.What do u guys think?

First off, no comparison between the banshee and the kfx400. For the dunes the banshee will walk all over that 400. If you want an all around bike that you can trail ride too, then go for the kawi. One drawback that I hate sometimes with my shee is having to mix gas. With a 4 stroke you can just gas-n-go.

If your interested I have a 1995 Banshee for sale and a Honda 250R forsale. Both of these bikes are well maintained dependable and fast. If you have any intrest let me know?

:D

If your interested I have a 1995 Banshee for sale and a Honda 250R forsale. Both of these bikes are well maintained dependable and fast. If you have any intrest let me know?

Selling the banshee too? real nice bikes for someone to get. :D

First off, no comparison between the banshee and the kfx400. For the dunes the banshee will walk all over that 400. If you want an all around bike that you can trail ride too, then go for the kawi. One drawback that I hate sometimes with my shee is having to mix gas. With a 4 stroke you can just gas-n-go.

not only that but you can go alot farther on a tank of gas with the 4 stroke and probably the thing i hate most about the banshee in the desert is going over some precarious terrain can be scary because you dont have that power control. i have almost lost it a couple of times climbing rough stuff. it hits that power band so quick it can get away from you at the worst moment. i stick to my warrior for the desert. it does plenty fine out there. :D

i wish i had a banshee :D

I'll let you hop on mine if you promise to give it back after you see the wicked powerband even a tired 2 stroke has. I think we saw you at Amargosa last weekend when we were out messing around. I was on my banshee and Ross (justntime) was on his girls KFX700 and we were sitting outside what looked like your camp for a minute on Sat. We were waiting for my 10 year old little bro-in-law that was driving his dad around in his rasberry (pink) colored chevy half ton. Did you see us or was that even your camp? Didn't know for sure, so we didn't come into camp. Later!

Either quad is a good choice. I would say Banshee, but that would be a little bias. 4 strokes have the obvious benefits of straight fuel, better gas mileage, and less maintnenance. But if you want a Banshee, better hurry. This is the last production year of the dune legend.

Yep, this is the last year you will be able to purchase 20 year old technology!!! :laughoff:

Yeah that 20 year old technolgy that has been the king of the sand for how long. Its about time the four stokers finally are coming up to the banshee level. Not being biased but I have ridden the 450's and sorry to say still like my banshee. Something about the 450' and the torque at low rpms. I don't like that it wants to pull up on you all the time. Just my 2 cents so to each his own. :banghead:

I have always had a 2" over swing arm on my banshee. Never thought the handeling was bad until I added the a-arms and the wider axle along with the axis shocks. Should have done that 10 years ago. Now it handles like a dream but my back is just to shot to spend much time on it. So it's the car and the rhino for me! But I do miss the quad sometimes!

• 4 weeks later...