Thanksgiving Trip Report.....

HappyHour

What's up with people lining up on the flats like at the glamis drags? Are they doing that at the D now?

10th and 11th down in wsky70's pix.

nope that was the annual water pumpers ("Dune Masters Calif. Inc") drag racing along the back stretch. They do it every T-day weekend out there along with the hill climbs on the left of comp.

I have pics uploading right now. Give me just a sec. ;)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My group got to the dunes wed and left this morning. Interesting trip over as seen in my camera phone pic.... :ah: Always nice when you're heading for the dunes and there's reports of possible bad weather. Rolled into camp around 2:00 to awesome weather and had to have a nice relaxing cold one along with a big sigh of relief before setting up camp. Nice little cruise to check things out after that.

Went out to a nearly empty comp and decided it was a good time to see if my Rhino would make it to the top. Almost had it on one run about 20 or 30 feet to go and zigged when I should have zagged and dug in to a stop. Had a bitchin' night ride after going back to camp to the North Pole with wet nearly smooth dunes.

Thursday we took all the kids out to the North pole to send their letters to Santa, had some turkey and actually ended up parked right behind what I think was Pete's truck and undoubtedly cole with the mog. I'm a pretty shy guy and opted not to introduce myself but do want to apologize for my :hello: friends that felt they needed to shine their HID's at all of you while they played washers. I could tell a few of you were getting pissed and tried to get them to shut them off but didn't have any luck. Whatever the hell that white Duramax was running to go up the hill that fast has to be expensive. :dunno:

Awesome rides on Friday got to ride in a friends new LT car for a few runs up comp. Wow the top comes up quick!!! I've never gone up in a buggy before...

Saturday brought more great rides and had fun watching the hill climbs then when the W came up it kinda put a damber on things. Ran to the hill for awhile and left cause the dust killed if for me.

Next time out I'll have to quit being :dope: and introduce myself.

post-3139-1228101464_thumb.jpeg

Edited by beau

well here I go with t-day report, we got in wed night to a beautiful weather can ask for better weather. :dunno:

after setting camp I went to check out comp hill have couple of cold ones there and head back to camp to meet up with the rest of my group.

Thursday we went for a few rides with all the kids we check out the north pole, south pole and comp hill, went back to camp and got ready for dinner and some heavy drinking after i just crash out.

Friday was a repeat of thursday and saturday we just took our trucks and we did some dunning with them :ah: :hello: :ah: sorry I forgot my camera and no body took any pictures.

I lost track of time and we didn't make to the meet and greet at the south pole, I can't wait till next time.

Couple more pics.....SF Woody :dunno:

Dont know what happened here, but the camp said it was all in fun...

18.jpg

ill tell u exactly wut happened cuz i was one of the 5 people that saw it

dude was doin donuts :dope: out on the flats round 10 on friday night :thumb:

we were drivin back from comp when we saw it

thought it was some funky lightshow cuz the lights just alternated round and round

rolled over once onto its wheels then rolled onto its side :dance: :booty: :black:

helped em push it over

the two inside were ok

it was gnarly tho :hello:

as i walked away...i was thinkin...im not so sure i want to go offroadin with my next truck

Awsome trip, Except someone tried to break into my trailer last night. :dunno:

Just kidding, Randog, Crazy Beeb, and I think Pete? came over and tried to wake me up by opening the back door of my trailer. I would have love to seen the looks on their faces especially Randogs when my wife came out to yell at them. :hello:

Awsome trip, Except someone tried to break into my trailer last night. :dope:

Just kidding, Randog, Crazy Beeb, and I think Pete? came over and tried to wake me up by opening the back door of my trailer. I would have love to seen the looks on their faces especially Randogs when my wife came out to yell at them. :thumb:

:moon: Yep we were all packed in my truck. We cruised over to hang out but you were out. Then Beth layed down the law...."UM....WE HAVE KIDS!!! :shout: :dance: "

:booty: :black: Tell her were sorry, Joe. We just wanted to come over and play! :hello: Good times. We were laughin our a$$es off. :dunno:

Well to start off, i wasn't going to go to the D :lol: cause my bike is down and I had school on Saturday morning, but i decided screw that!! :booty::dope: I packed up some stuff in my truck and decided to roll out and visit some friends and family who were there. :dunno: Got in Saturday afternoon. The entrance road was smooth. I camped with some good friends at Loose Screws on vendor row. Had a blast hanging out and :hello: Saturday night rolled out to comp and was suprised with the turnout. I saw Ragdoll's :lol: all over the place. It was parked right across the row from us, along with the 3 GUYS WEARING THONGS!!!!! :dance: :moon: :?: that were riding around in the bed. Today I was recovering all day and went out to the hill a couple times to hang out. just got home a couple hours ago!! I had a great T-Day in Cali with my parents and a great weekend at the D!! :thumb: :black:

Edited by SiCk 350R

:moon: Yep we were all packed in my truck. We cruised over to hang out but you were out. Then Beth layed down the law...."UM....WE HAVE KIDS!!! :shout: :dance: "

:booty: :black: Tell her were sorry, Joe. We just wanted to come over and play! :dope: Good times. We were laughin our a$$es off. :dunno:

No worries, she said she's sorry for yelling at you guys. :hello:

I could hear you guys laughing all the way back to camp :thumb:

Great weekend or should I say six days!!!

Went out a day early for Mike's birthday!

Weather was PERFECT!! Rained Weds early morning only! Had just a couple of drops on Tuesday but thats all.

Rode all day Friday...went for the first ride of the day and then just sat on my quad waiting for the next grouping to go for a ride! Planned on riding all day Sat as well til Wa.statecrew decided he was going to head to Vender Row with Dillon and I finnaly saw my quad again at the meet n greet! :thumb:

Dunes were rough but didn't care, I was there to ride! :mc:

The infared turkey cooker ROCKED!! :dunno::hello:

Took a ton of pics :lol: like 541 :black: Will upload some tomorrow!

Picked me up a DDR shirt at Sand Crazed, got it personalized with Sand Chick and Paparazzi on the back!!!! Wayyy cool!! :yiah::yiah:

More later............too pooped to go into to many observations at this time......but there is definately alot of awesome, good times observations to come...hands down the funnest, most entertaining, never laughed so hard camp I have ever been in!! My sides hurt more from laughing then from riding! Alot of ------->> :banghead: :dance: :booty::banghead: :moon:

Off to :lol::dope:

Edited by sand chick

just got back last night about 7, i was asleep at 830. so here is a quick breif.

leaving on wednesday, it was raining (lightly) made it over the hump and through the fog on Potisi it was slow going, you could only see about 50 feet in front of you.

got to the entry road, and because it had rained, the road was good, no dust, and fairly smooth, the flats were nice and packed and no dust there either, found our camp right away, (camped with mike, jodi, stacey, Paul and amanda, and nicole...and a ton of other peeps.

Wednesday night was just chillin at camp for the most part. just doing stoppies in the sand with the mog, and then off to comp for some fun,

thursday, woke up with no hangover WOOO HOOO, went riding on the two wheeler, and in the mog, Nicole fell in love with driving the Mog, so that freed me up to stay on the two wheeler, had to make a couple fixes on the mog from mobing it the night before.

DINNER TIME!....num num num...good food...good peep..full belly!

sat around only because now i was too full of food to move3, then off to comp again. for more antics and debauchery.

friday was a recap of wed and thurs, and sat was just putting around in the mog with my wife and "Smudge", finally had to pack up and get going, apparently i took almot 400 pictures, so ill get them loaded up tonight and see how it looks and post them up tonight.

:dope:

:dunno: Come on son, dont forget me your favorite new stoppie partner that almost brought us over on our friggen faces...lol...oh and not to mention the only S.o.B out there that was able to pick up the mog and move it into its parking spot...YEAAAAAAAAA, you knowhow we do in the 702...and to bad you left early cause comp was a blast on saturday night when I was rollin the 450r in a pair of undies made into a g-string and a chicks leopard spaghetti strap tank top with a blond wig doin bare a$$ wheelies screamin I F%$@ on the 1st date and love A.T.M, hahahahahahahahahaha.....you need to do some E.P. for me son cause some douche threw a rock and hit me in the ribs and now im sad, ROFLMFAO :hello:

another great trip and fun camp :hello: .

wow rough dunes didnt even ride today because my hands and wrists were sore.

thanks randog mark and lou families for hooking me up with a tasty thanksgiving dinner :dope: .

lots of action all weekend some trophy trucks and lots of nice rails getting it on was fun to watch. had some rhino time with OGP thats a blast :moon: .

guess my timing was right the road in and out was freshly graded

not sure when the next trip will be but this sand fix should last for awhile. :dance:

Cole WTF happened to your mog last night that was the just sick :dunno: why would a group of guys dress in thongs and wigs then dance together around a stripper pole together :thumb: :black: :booty: