Thanksgiving Trip Report.....

HappyHour

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great weekend...almost got hit by some dumbass in a white Suzuki that jumped without spotters...fvcker didn't speak any English either...couldn't understand a word I said...Had I been 6" over my my right, he would've hit me.. :finger::laughing: I was glad that I restrained myself and didn't punch him in the face...

On a side note, I guess I'm getting old because I got tired of my own loud music early on...had to turn the volume down on my DJ speakers from 40 (max) to 30 an sometimes 25....I don't want to grow up... :laughoff:

It was a great weekend.

Think only one life flight out.

Spotted the legendary Original Sand Demon John and his wife Kathy. It truely was nice to see them on the dunes.

Wifie fell in love with her Rzr once I got the correct dune tires on it.

They are steamin little dune machines for only 800 cc.

We think we spotted Dunfreak Petes truck on Vendors Row near the Funnel Cake shack but a look around and we couldn't find Pete to say hello and give him a T shirt.

The DSD crew had a passing sand buggie flip head over heals right next to their campsite, no serious injuries. It just folded up like a cheap suitcase.

Started to video our dune runs, but sometimes feel the cameras is getting between us and having fun so we put it away and forget about it.

One asswipe in a VW buggie was driving around comp trying to pick a fight with SxS owners. SxS's are usually where most the fine girls are, and he couldn't stand it. The dude was a real tool. He ran off before anyone could get their fists on him.

We went into Nevada and stopped off at "Who's Dunes" bar and steakhouse. Just over the Nevada borderline heading into Parump on the left.

It's owned by a real excellent guy Dean. Bartender Sue is attractive and excellent. Lively video poker machines. Cheap gas & propane and fresh groceries next door.

Nice break after dealing with the kids for 5 days straight.

Un-eventfull trip other than lots of fun, and it seem much safer this year overall.

Forget annual holiday passes.

We finally got a BLM person that told us buy them online from now on, and keep your print-out from the online transaction.

They don't plan on having any for the stores in Baker anytime this year that she knew of.

A very poorly run operation on the BLMs behalf.

id like to give an apology out

there were 3 quads ridin and i came over a hill without a spotter and almost took one of the girls on the banshee out :finger: ....just wanted to say srry if ur on here....so that if u see me next time u dont try and run me down :clap::laughing:

i did most of the spottin for my cuz but when the time came for him to spot me he kinda ditched me :duniemonkie:

also an apology at the :laughoff: when i came up on this dude

normal_PB290857.JPG

didnt know u were jumpin there

screwed up ur jump :dunno:

Just got home. We didn't stay as late as we expected. I was exhausted and sore so we split around noon.

Weekend was great! Weather couldn't have been better. I got alot of good rides in. Man those dunes were rough. My hands and forearms are feeling today, but the rides were worth every bit of it.

We finally checked out Little Dumont this weekend. In the ten years I have been going to D, I have never checked it out until this weekend. Pretty damn cool! :D

The overall camp area definitley had less campers than previous years, but comp hill was sure packed at night. Good times.

I had a great weekend and hung out with lots of great peeps. :laughoff:

Will post up more later with some pics.

thanks for making my sat. daytrip a memorable one! can't remember the last time somebody took off and ditched me on a hard azz run through the dunes....and you did it 3 times on one run! sore here too...holdin on for dear life! :finger: maybe i'm gettin old....what did you say your real name was again??? clark kent?...those damm dunes were toreup from the floorup by sat afternoon!!! next time you go to the little dunes you gotta see the mines...just follow along the hills past the little dues to the end of the trail and park your bike and walk a few hundred yards ....there's a cabin there and plaques to explain how miners were killed by injuns back in the 1800's a couple times. you can get there easier by going to salt creek campground probly. lookin forward to the next time!

Man I had alot of fun.That was awesome getting out and duning again.The 250R ran like a champ.It was great to get out there and hang out with Pete again.Its been a while.The drag scene really consumed all my time out there the last couple years.I wish Bert would have been there but that was the only day I could make it out.I still ended up over at the Hill a couple times on the 450 but I really didnt have as much fun as out getting the hell beat out of me on the rough sand duning.Pete took us on some real good fast runs thru Dumont.That never gets old.Im still pretty sore though.Damn hillshooting has me in terrible duning shape.LOL!!Thanks for everything out there Pete it was a really good time.Next time im draggin mikes dead a$$ out there with me.Cant wait for the next trip. :laughoff:

Edited by Sand_YFZ

thanks for making my sat. daytrip a memorable one! can't remember the last time somebody took off and ditched me on a hard azz run through the dunes....and you did it 3 times on one run! sore here too...holdin on for dear life! :lol: maybe i'm gettin old....what did you say your real name was again??? clark kent?...those damm dunes were toreup from the floorup by sat afternoon!!! next time you go to the little dunes you gotta see the mines...just follow along the hills past the little dues to the end of the trail and park your bike and walk a few hundred yards ....there's a cabin there and plaques to explain how miners were killed by injuns back in the 1800's a couple times. you can get there easier by going to salt creek campground probly. lookin forward to the next time!

Ditched you? :dunno: Man you make it sound like I left you for dead. You weren't that far behind, Randy. I usually look back and if there are 2 or 3 people behind me, then it is up to those people to keep track of those behind them. Regardless, I had fun as hell blasting through those nasty dunes. :finger::clap:

Salt Creek Campground? :lol: Isn't that an off-limits area?

Man I had alot of fun.That was awesome getting out and duning again.The 250R ran like a champ.It was great to get out there and hang out with Pete again.Its been a while.The drag scene really consumed all my time out there the last couple years.I wish Bert would have been there but that was the only day I could make it out.I still ended up over at the Hill a couple times on the 450 but I really didnt have as much fun as out getting the hell beat out of me on the rough sand duning.Pete took us on some real good fast runs thru Dumont.That never gets old.Im still pretty sore though.Damn hillshooting has me in terrible duning shape.LOL!!Thanks for everything out there Pete it was a really good time.Next time im draggin mikes dead a$$ out there with me.Cant wait for the next trip. :laughing:

Hell yeah Aaron, I'm glad you came out as well. Sorry I couldn't call ya back after you called me. I had iffy reception where we were and I couldn't call out. We'll have to do it again soon maybe for a daytrip. :laughoff:

dune racer 77, what were you riding..i might have those pics....

as far as the last night i left my mog with some friends in our camp, Nicole, and Brianna & my buddy Dave, so they could go play in it....so i had nothing to do with guys in loin cloths and wigs that were dancing on it...i was already safe at home... :laughoff:

now the the pole is no longer super sized, i think iam going to get rid of the pole and just make the bed a beer pong table.

iam looking for my cable to upload my pics, maybe sometime this morning.

still sore as hell from all the stoppies, it was funny when i was rolling through comp or around camps you would hear people just yell out "DO A STOPPIE!"...my wife and i were rolling! :finger: Good times for sure!

does anyone have the pictures of the bikes jumping today at the northpole or of the ones yesterday behind comp where the rails were jumping i was jumping my bike wondering if anyone got me thanks

We have a bunch of pictures from a couple of guys jumping there around 2:30 - 3:00 on Sat we stopped to watch after the meet n greet, possibly could have been you?

Ok time for some observations!!

Alot of dancing going on in our camp! :sophie:

Techno...Thriller....Baby got Back...and even a little Traveling Cha Cha! :laughoff::clap:

normal_P1060318.JPG

normal_P1060346.JPG

normal_P1060490.JPG

normal_P1060491.JPG

Little bit o marshmellow, whipped cream and hamburger bun fight! :laughing::dunno:

post-2396-1228160408_thumb.jpg

post-2396-1228160463_thumb.jpg

P1060754.JPG

P1060766.JPG

P1060769.JPG

P1060772.JPG

Fun with the smilie face chair! :ah: :finger:

normal_P1060660.JPG

Who needs snow for sledding?? :lol:

P1060788.JPG

P1060805.JPG

P1060820.JPG

Thanks for posting pics Jodi. I brought my camera and once again didnt take 1 shot. lol But those pics just reminded me what a FANTASTIC weekend it was.

I did of course fall down and hurt myself, typical dune trip. lol I did a little duning with the burb, did awesome. Just had an overall wonderful time with great peeps!

Thanks everyone for making it such a great thanksgiving weekend. Im thankful to have such wonderful peeps in my life! :laughoff:

Meet n Greet

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

P1060665.JPG

P1060668.JPG

P1060670.JPG

P1060675.JPG

P1060680.JPG

P1060697.JPG

P1060692.JPG

Jumps

:mc::whoop:

P1060701.JPG

P1060712.JPG

P1060718.JPG

P1060739.JPG

P1060741.JPG

P1060726.JPG

Drags

:lol::lol:

normal_P1060539.JPG

normal_P1060540.JPG

normal_P1060538.JPG

normal_P1060545.JPG

normal_P1060550.JPG

:ninja: Late night theivery...... (which I had NOTHING to do with)

normal_P1060455.JPG

My new DDR shirt!! :finger:

Took SandCrazed 15-20 mintues to personalize your shirt! I just went back the next day and picked mine up! Thanks!! :thumb::grin:

P1060893.JPG

Good times, with good friends and dune family!! :grin::laughoff:

Met some more peeps from DDR can't remember all the names!!

Duning the burb! :laughing:

Malibu's birthday stripper!! :dunno::clap:

The line up :moon:

Rest of the pics ------> Thanksgiving 2008

Edited by sand chick

:laughing: Finally got out for a meet and greet and caught up with Randog, White Rhino and Woody. Good to meet you guys. Thanks Pete for the intro's, and for pointing out Paul's Rhino so I could drop the beer in his front seat.

Hope to make it out again real soon and to meet more of the DDR peeps....

We didnt get there until Friday morning, but setup and hit the sand, second ride out, one of our guys from the Navy on his bike ran off a razor, and landed in the backside flat, put himself into the bars pretty hard. Looks like broken nose, collar bone and some really bruised ribs...left his chest protector at camp....bet he wont do that again....ouch.

Only saw the one life flight go out Friday evening, so I guess in that respect the weekend was quite. Seemed extremely quite at night and about half the normal crowd...

Didnt make it over to White Rhino's to check out his new rig, but we went by it several times....nice hardware for sure, I'll have to get a rain check on the cold beer....and tour later.

The guy flying in the parasail came over the camp about 15 feet above the trailers too many times, couple more Teq shots and he might have been mistaken for a giant fly for our 12 gauge fly swatter. :dunno: ...dont mind the flying but not so close to the kids and rigs, like all things it can stall......anyway it was cool to watch him over the dunes.

Forgot the camera :finger: so no pics this trip.

I'm looking to put up the wifes Can-Am Outlander Max XT 4x4 (2006) for sale as she wants a Rhino, so looks like I'll be in the market once we sell this one.

:laughoff: SP2 Mike

hey whats up every one it was good to see you out there for thanksgiving.

yeah I got the DDR Reject sign thats right! ha only the sign though and nothing else :finger: it was going to be returned fri night

but other than that it was good yeah i was on the striper pole not once but twice yeah im just cool like that :laughoff:

glad i got to see randog, woody, witney, pete, monkie, brice, mary, dillon and all our camp.

it was by far one of the best trips yet verry funny and entertaining. cant pick a favorite thing it all was fun. see everyone next time when ever that is.

MONKIE YOU OWE ME A SPEEDO! :duniemonkie:

First of all our family would like to thank Pauly Paul and Angela for inviting us to their camp :yiah: we had the most fun on this trip than we ever had at dumont! And thanks to pauly for making sure our sons quad ran! :finger: It was also great to meet mike, Cole and Nick (which turns out to be right down the street from us, Thanks to the trampoline which our son loved, he wanted to jump on it at about 6am sat mornin but he couldn't figure out why their was people sleeping on it I had to tell him :lol: and the :thumb: in camp with Cole and pitbull702 :ah: I swore that thing was gonna :clap: tip over, and thanks to Pauls buddy (sorry i don't remember your name) for the jaeger CUP not bomb and I didn't even :lol: I was ok no matter the look on my face :laughing: All in all had a great time and we can't wait till the next time :laughoff: Oh and next time we'll bring more marshmellows :dunno:

post-4070-1228182092_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1228182208_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1228182370_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1228182492_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1228182588_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1228182673_thumb.jpg

post-4070-1228182850_thumb.jpg

Thanks Pete for the intro's, and for pointing out Paul's Rhino so I could drop the beer in his front seat.

No problemo Mike. Good seeing you again. Oh and sorry we didn't stop by your camp after our ride, but we were running out of daylight and wanted to get out to the little dunes and back before it got dark. It was a great ride, then we lost a rider in our group on the way back and had to go searching for him. Turns out he ended up haulin azz back a different way (around us) because he had no light on his dirtbike and the sun was going down fast.

Are these the guys you were watching jump? they were mostly between comp and the southpole. On the Yamaha is my buddy Dustin Nowak aka Wacker for those of you that follow FMX and on the Honda was our friend Casey Dean aka Wiener lol.

There's also a pic of my crew from Bishop at the :laughoff: .

post-3139-1228183757_thumb.jpg

post-3139-1228183775_thumb.jpg

post-3139-1228183792_thumb.jpg

post-3139-1228183847_thumb.jpg

Awsome trip, Except someone tried to break into my trailer last night. :laughoff:

Just kidding, Randog, Crazy Beeb, and I think Pete? came over and tried to wake me up by opening the back door of my trailer. I would have love to seen the looks on their faces especially Randogs when my wife came out to yell at them. :finger:

Shoulda came by camp at 6am sunday. The beebs rig was ready to steal.

post-4280-1228183958_thumb.jpg

post-4280-1228184176_thumb.jpg