Next TRT Meeting?

I've got tons of questions I'd like answered after this past trip, wish it wasn't during the week!!! Off topic, I haven't seen the donated rail and quads out there yet, has anyone else?

I've got tons of questions I'd like answered after this past trip, wish it wasn't during the week!!! Off topic, I haven't seen the donated rail and quads out there yet, has anyone else?

Why don't you PM those questions to me and we can go from there.

I have seen the buggy out there every trip BUT this one .

Next TRT meeting is Jan. 20th at 10:00 am at the Barstow BLM office. Any body wanting to ride down is welcome.

I may take you up on that offer if I am still not working! Thanks!! :barf::beercheers:

cool thx for the info i hope i can make one of these meetimgs cause i would like to know what these meetings are all about

They are basically meetings about Dumont issues and "behind the scenes" BLM type stuff at Dumont. For example: things like the budget, fees, rules, maintenance, etc. The nice thing is that the meetings are open to the public, should they decide to attend, and there is a time slot allotted for public comments or concern at the end. The BLM are usually very open and willing to listen too.

BTW you can look up the "minutes" from past meetings and see exactly what has been talked about. It's on the BLM/ TRT's website. ;)

Here is the adgenda for the meeting on Tuesday the 20th.

Agenda for January 20, 2009

Barstow Field Office

10:00 am.

Call To Order

Pledge

Introductions

Approval of the Agenda

Approval of the Minutes, Sept 6, 2008

Lunch Decision

DISCUSSION ITEMS

TRT evaluation – Don Maruska – State Office BLM

Dumont Dunes Operation Site – Update

Members Items

Adjournment

We will work through lunch. Please bring $8.00 for lunch.

I had a key employee call in sick so I will be doing the meeting via phone tomorrow. :rockwoot::DDRrocks:

I have a hard time getting my employees to call in on the morning they are missing and to top it off it might not be an early call either.... but to call in the day before..... wow :DDRrocks: .. they deserve the day off with pay Terry :DDRrocks:

J/K .. sorry you had to miss it in person. I hate the phone

Capt

whew....boring is an understatement. Biggest thing talked about was the TRT will now be called a Dumont Dunes Sub-Group. It's getting a new name and being reorganized some. Lets see, the BLM Command Post is just about finished and NO USER FEE'S were used to build it. The buggy is in the shop for some work, will be back out Prez wkend, it's getting some emergency gear added to it. So far they have trained one person to drive it. All the holiday passes were sold out last year, less than 100 non holiday passes sold. Total pass sales is about 400k. Still some people using the out of bounds area's. The have plenty of markers, just lack of pers and time to put them out. Maybe looking for some volunteer support to get some out soon, they will send out a couple peeps to help and show us where to put them. The vendor's fee is the same as it was last year, they are just enforcing it more this year. Grindings are still being worked on, may have a lead for some soon. Was also brought up the State of California is taking 90 million out of the OHV fund this year for something besides ohv, need to send your state reps a letter or phone call. Here is a link you can get info at http://gov.ca.gov/interact Think that just about sums things up...oh yeah, THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE APRIL 21st, 2009 at 10am, Barstow Field Office......SF Woody :beercheers:

Nobody sent me any questions to be brought up or anything else, kinda sad really.....

whew....boring is an understatement. Biggest thing talked about was the TRT will now be called a Dumont Dunes Sub-Group. It's getting a new name and being reorganized some. Lets see, the BLM Command Post is just about finished and NO USER FEE'S were used to build it. The buggy is in the shop for some work, will be back out Prez wkend, it's getting some emergency gear added to it. So far they have trained one person to drive it. All the holiday passes were sold out last year, less than 100 non holiday passes sold. Total pass sales is about 400k. Still some people using the out of bounds area's. The have plenty of markers, just lack of pers and time to put them out. Maybe looking for some volunteer support to get some out soon, they will send out a couple peeps to help and show us where to put them. The vendor's fee is the same as it was last year, they are just enforcing it more this year. Grindings are still being worked on, may have a lead for some soon. Was also brought up the State of California is taking 90 million out of the OHV fund this year for something besides ohv, need to send your state reps a letter or phone call. Here is a link you can get info at http://gov.ca.gov/interact Think that just about sums things up...oh yeah, THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE APRIL 21st, 2009 at 10am, Barstow Field Office......SF Woody :headbang1:

Nobody sent me any questions to be brought up or anything else, kinda sad really.....

These were the issues I had mentioned when the buggy was donated, glad to see it has been addressed :thumb: . Was there any specifics mentioned on the what gear/equipment is being added to the buggy? I'm just wondering how capable it is going to be in an emergency situation. Are they using GPS now? It was mentioned after the Party Heat Dumont show that they have issues locating each other in the dunes. Also I am disappointed that they only have 1 trained driver for the buggy, is that person going to be out there each weekend? Is it really a problem getting people trained to drive it? I mean just the basics would be enough for them to be able to get where they need to go, they don't have to be able to keep up on a rail run :driver: . Maybe some rail drivers can volunteer a few hours out of a weekend to ride along with some of their staff in the buggy and teach them some things, just a thought.

Something that a few of us were talking about over New Years was having a 'family pass' type program, basically if a family purchases a season pass that they could get a 2nd pass for a non-towing vehicle for a family member to use. Example- (Joe Duner, Bert, Pete, OGP etc w/season pass) tows his hauler out for the weekend and his wife/kids drive out (not towing) for a couple days, that 2nd veh shouldn't have to pay for another pass or should get a discount on 2nd pass. We all know the ways to get around paying for a 2nd veh so they aren't actually making any more money :ninja: . Just a though :coffee: .

Another thing that was mentioned was having a 'returning pass holder' discount for holiday season pass holders, basically at the beginning of the season if someone turns in the previous years holiday season pass they would get some much $$ off the new holiday season pass. But being that they sold out of season passes this year and made so much $$ they don't have any reason to offer discounts or any incentives on the passes :rockwoot: .

So they need volunteers to place markers, any word on when they are looking to do this?? I'd volunteer :thumb: .

Thanks for the info Woody :idea: .

I got a text from OGP this morning asking if I had anything I wanted brought up. Unfortunately ive been kind of outta the loop on goings on with Dumont this season. So I couldnt really think of anything that I was aware needed to be brought up. Im glad a couple of you were able to make it and represent our duners. I appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day not only to attend, but to get us the info we need. Thanks OGP and Woods. And Terry as well, sorry you were only able to attend via conference today. I hope to get to another meeting soon. Id also be willling to volunteer to get markers out for the out of bounds areas. Let us know what they come up with Woods.

:headbang1:

No problems, bettter there than work.... One more thing, about the passes, they are thinking about only going to TWO (2) passes. The $120 season pass and back to the $30 weekly pass. To much money and headache printing up 4 different passes, 5 if you count the wkend upgrade. One the buggy, just a rack to carry gear and a place to put the backboard...SF Woody :headbang1: