Is there still a market?

Don29palms

I have a 3.2 Acura V6 with a C&G turbo setup and Link G2 computer. It is a turnkey setup complete with adapter and all. It runs great but is too much for just playing around in the desert. I am switching to a small V8. I have no idea what this engine is worth or if there is even a market for it anymore. If anyone is interested or has any help please contact me at 760-221-3756. Thank you

Edited by Don29palms

I am already having dune withdrawls. I am saving money for a special event in June so it will be next season for the dunes. I had to put :70: dirt tires on my car just to drive it a little to get that tiny rush of adrenalin.

Edited by Don29palms

I have a 3.2 Acura V6 with a C&G turbo setup and Link G2 computer. It is a turnkey setup complete with adapter and all. It runs great but is too much for just playing around in the desert. I am switching to a small V8. I have no idea what this engine is worth or if there is even a market for it anymore. If anyone is interested or has any help please contact me at 760-221-3756. Thank you

Since you put you phone # up, does that mean we can drunk dial and drunk text from the dunes telling you what a grand time we are having and wish you were there?

A "small V8", like a LS1? :beercheers:

A "small V8", like a LS1? :laughing:

Not quite. I was thinking about an all aluminum 5.3L. I'll be giving up some horsepower but I think it will be more drivable in the desert. I know I will probably regret it in the long run. Turbos kick butt. When that boost comes on it's a rush.

Any idea what the package weighs and what are you going to ask for it?

I have no idea what it weighs. I know what I have into it so I was thinking 7Kobo. If I can't get close to that I will keep it and put it in something small like a 2 seat mid-engine car like Randog's car or a Prowler Sand Sprite IiI. I've always liked those cars.

I have no idea what it weighs. I know what I have into it so I was thinking 7Kobo. If I can't get close to that I will keep it and put it in something small like a 2 seat mid-engine car like Randog's car or a Prowler Sand Sprite IiI. I've always liked those cars.

More than I can afford and the wieght is super important!

thanks anyway!

• 2 months later...

$7000.00 ?? :beercheers:

$7000.00 ?? :laughoff:

That sounds like a solid price, my buddy had his supercharged 3.5L rebuilt and converted to a intercooled turbo set up by C&G with the same computer you are runing and it worked very well. And for "mkenm"'s ( :laughoff:) information, the conversion was 14K... :MBdance:

a new 3.5 turbo is 9k your buddy got screwed

Really, that is kind of a broad statement dont you think? Find me a new 3.5l with a closed deck, intercooled and runnin 25 pounds of boost for 9K and I might think about changing out my ls2 with twin blow dryers...

Really, that is kind of a broad statement dont you think? Find me a new 3.5l with a closed deck, intercooled and runnin 25 pounds of boost for 9K and I might think about changing out my ls2 with twin blow dryers...

EXACTLY!!!!!! Very well said. You can buy a turbo 2.5 Subie for anywhere from $6000 to $25,000. Depends who built it and what's in it.