HappyHour

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Pete,

How's the wrists feeling... Sorry we didn't get to meet up last weekend. We were planning to stop by Saturday, but the winds messed things up in camp, literally :beercheers:

Anyway, here's a photo shot by one of the guys (FE135 on my site) of the SUV that was hit...

normal_Dumont_Nov_05_(3).JPG

Personally I'm glad that this turkey was charged with "felony" hit and run and I hope he has the book thrown at him in a serious way. I sure hope that the occupants of this SUV are ok, my thoughts go out to them. All I have to say to the turkey is..........that's one strike against you............. :beercheers:

Just my two cents on his stupidity................ :laughing:

normal_Dumont_Nov_05_(3).JPG

:beercheers::laughing::grin:

DAAAAAYYUUM! That had to be a wild ride, seeing a rail comin at you to do that that kind of damage!

Yep I agree Happyhour, hope that fool learns his lesson. It's one thing to make a mistake, but to run from the scene even after doing such damage! Here's to that effer... :laughoff:

BTW, its cool Bob. Saturday was a MESS!! We'll meet-up one of these next few trips! :laughoff:

My Flag Pole, and my Green LED light was a whipping around all night. Wasn't about to be the next Super Hero flying off the roof of my trailer :beercheers: trying to get that thing down. Beside, I figured those who Night Rode the windy night, was using my light as a Beakon to navigate back to camp. :laughing:

i dont think anything like that[ the samurai ] belongs on the dunes unless it is caged with harnesses. i hope they are ok but you gotta realize no matter how good a driver you think you are, just like on the streets here, some idiot can take you out. :beercheers:

Edited by superdave

Here's a rail we came across Saturday (early morning) near the north pole... Driver and rider took one hell of a roll over... This thing was twisted busted and then some... I just hope they walked away with very little injuries. :beercheers:

HPIM0700.jpg

Edited by YFZBOB

Here's a rail we came across Saturday (early morning) near the north pole... Driver and rider took one hell of a roll over... This thing was twisted busted and then some... I just hope they walked away with very little injuries. :grin:

HPIM0700.jpg

PaulyPaul just told me his friend came across a rail near the n pole Fri Night. There was nobody around the car, but the eng was still warm. He started back to camp with his group and saw a flashlight wave in the bottom of a bowl. It was the driver and his son. They got a ride back to camp and he asked Paul's friend if he could just leave the car there. He didn't want to have anything to do w/ the car cause he almost killed his son. So he just GAVE the car to this guy PaulyPaul knows. From what I understand, they were ok though. :finger:

Oh yeah forgot. Jim told me today that she (Dorie) broke her arm near her elbow and her tailbone too! :laughoff::beerpint: Sucks bad for her. I hope she gets better soon, but unfortunatley she is gonna be out for a while I think. The worst part about it was she just started a new job and yep, NO INSURANCE! That ride from Dumont to the hospital is gonna be a pretty penny. :( I thought I had it bad w/ 2 broken wrists. :coocoo:

I

Hi all... thanks for the thought, that's really sweet of you. (this is Dorie, by the way) Fortunately I signed up for COBRA insurance so I'm covered. And yeah, fractured tailbone and fractured left elbow (totally SUCKS!!!) but I'll heal and NO, it won't stop me from going back out, but I'm definitly leaning towards a rail instead of a quad now. And the sand was awesome!!! I went up on the big hills with no problems at all, it was the stupid little finger dune on the way back to camp that got me. Go figure.

Now I'm right there with ya, Pete. At least my right arm works fine, but the tailbone.... OUCH!!! Jim just calls me gimpie.

I

Hi all... thanks for the thought, that's really sweet of you. (this is Dorie, by the way) Fortunately I signed up for COBRA insurance so I'm covered. And yeah, fractured tailbone and fractured left elbow (totally SUCKS!!!) but I'll heal and NO, it won't stop me from going back out, but I'm definitly leaning towards a rail instead of a quad now. And the sand was awesome!!! I went up on the big hills with no problems at all, it was the stupid little finger dune on the way back to camp that got me. Go figure.

Now I'm right there with ya, Pete. At least my right arm works fine, but the tailbone.... OUCH!!! Jim just calls me gimpie.

It's good to hear you are going to be okay.

Best wishes and speedy recovery to you

:beerpint:

i saw alot of really sweet rails out this weekend with alot of idiot drivers in them!!!!!! There is a time and a place to ride wheelies across the middle of comp hill!!! We watched a long travel car start on the right side of the ridge that runs up the hill and ride a wheelie over to his left side and blindly run over the top of a jeep cheroke that was coming down the hill,, freekin mooron!!! the jeep rolled down the hill 5 or 6 times and amazingly came to rest about 200' from the bottom of the hill! The roof of the jeep looked like a can opener had been taken to it ,peeled back from the drivers side!! Suprisengly no one was killed. And to top it all off the driver of the rail left the accident :mc_smiley: My wife and i watched the whole thing and it really put a scare in her , we will be tring to make more off weekends with our family for sure!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the people in the jeep are ok !!!!

IAM THE PASSENGER IN THE WHITE SUZUKI,,,NOT A JEEP CHEROKEE. PROBABLY WOULD NOT HAVE SURVIVED A JEEP.LOL,NORM

When that guy left I followed him. The rangers got him about halfway thru the whoops on the way back to his camp. Hope he pays big for that one!!!!

I was the passenger in the white Suzuki,, all I saw was the bottum of the buggy as it flew over the edge of the dune. I didn't get to see the buggy when they got us out of the car. all I remember was someone said they were in orange shirts. he was handcuffed in a ranger pu when they brought us to the aid station ,. norm

that sucks... Hope the guy in the sidekick gets better... I wonder what hes going to do with it now??? i could use some parts.. :D

HI Nick,,, I was the passenger in the suzuki. He took it home to Creswell ,Or. If you're interested call me. I'm in Henderson. 702-497-3711

i dont think anything like that[ the samurai ] belongs on the dunes unless it is caged with harnesses. i hope they are ok but you gotta realize no matter how good a driver you think you are, just like on the streets here, some idiot can take you out. :laughoff:

I guess we were super lucky,,Dave. Like you say,,,an idiot can take you.we learned a lesson that day. Five years on the dunes with that car is not bad. driving on the streets with it everyday too.,,norm