The old tree in the middle of the forest

THE BIG E

The, perhaps originally intended, scientific answer is that no, the tree does not make a "sound". It makes sound waves, that without an instrument such as an ear, do not convert to actual sound. The common sense answer, as the question has mostly come to rely on, is that yes, it obviously makes a sound since we know that a tree falling makes noise regardless of whether anyone is around or not. The metaphysical, and perhaps first roughly proposed, answer is that no, the tree does not make a sound if no one is there to witness it falling. And indeed the act of making a sound isn't even a quandary, all that matters is that the tree in fact ceases to exist if no one is there to witness it.

Now leave me alone, I'm going outside to look for clouds that look like dunes... :thumb:

The, perhaps originally intended, scientific answer is that no, the tree does not make a "sound". It makes sound waves, that without an instrument such as an ear, do not convert to actual sound. The common sense answer, as the question has mostly come to rely on, is that yes, it obviously makes a sound since we know that a tree falling makes noise regardless of whether anyone is around or not. The metaphysical, and perhaps first roughly proposed, answer is that no, the tree does not make a sound if no one is there to witness it falling. And indeed the act of making a sound isn't even a quandary, all that matters is that the tree in fact ceases to exist if no one is there to witness it.

Now leave me alone, I'm going outside to look for clouds that look like dunes... :thumb:

ROFLMAO. :laughing::flipoff::flipoff: I think i peed myself.

Now leave me alone, I'm going outside to look for clouds that look like dunes... :laughoff:

thats funny right there, I don't care who you are that there is funny.

If those clouds were over the forest when the tree fell would Pete take a picture of the clouds or the tree?? that might be the real question at hand

thats funny right there, I don't care who you are that there is funny.

If those clouds were over the forest when the tree fell would Pete take a picture of the clouds or the tree?? that might be the real question at hand

hmmm good question! :dunno: It depends.... (no pun intended :lol: ) Would it be sunny or overcast? :lol::laughoff:

we seem to be having an early sumer. of course the tree makes a sound just cause humans dont here it .theres bugs and animals and ufos, mighty mouse my girly clouds they all heard it. they said so it is so.

if you argue with me im going to call 2 10 year old korean kids in there 5000 hp sand rail with a rebel flag on it to ride a wheelie all over your face . now leave me be im watching the clouds that look like girls while clicking my heels 3 times trying to get home. and talking to starfleet on my new star treck communicator badge i just got out of my new box of mini wheats so i can get the fk outa here and go home :?:

we seem to be having an early sumer. of course the tree makes a sound just cause humans dont here it .theres bugs and animals and ufos, mighty mouse my girly clouds they all heard it. they said so it is so.

if you argue with me im going to call 2 10 year old korean kids in there 5000 hp sand rail with a rebel flag on it to ride a wheelie all over your face . now leave me be im watching the clouds that look like girls while clicking my heels 3 times trying to get home. and talking to starfleet on my new star treck communicator badge i just got out of my new box of mini wheats so i can get the fk outa here and go home :?:

BEAM HIM UP SCOTTY BEAM HIM UP!! :lol::lol:

But beam me his car!! :laughoff::dunno:

Now leave me alone, I'm going outside to look for clouds that look like dunes... :lol:

ok yes everything he said... :lol::lol::laughoff: