3 days at the cabin

ash

Spent 3 days at our cabin with the wife and kids and I can honestly say it was much needed. We left after the girls and my wife went to Taylor Swift on Saturday night, rolled in around 3:30am. The rest of the weekend was fantastic! We took off today around noon when the hail, snow, rain and wind started. Here's some pictures.

DSC_2903-1.jpg

DSC_2873.jpg

DSC_2924-1.jpg

DSC_2894.jpg

DSC_2919-1.jpg

DSC_2923-2.jpg

DSC_2918-1.jpg

And last but certainly not least..my little Angels!

DSC_2885.jpg

trees, scenery wtf is thaaat lol.

The wife and i always liked going to the mountains. where is this cabin you speak of?

It's in Duck Creek Village, 29 miles East of Cedar City. This picture was taken in 2004 right after we bought it. We have since put a tin roof on, added year round water and some other good stuff. It's a great get away during the summer months. Never gets above 75-80 degrees :D

Cabin1-1.jpg

We were up there for 5 days over the holiday at our place in Swains Creek, very cool weather and good to get away. Where is your cabin?

Rented a cabin for a week in Swains Creek last year. Now I can't get the wife off the computer because she's always looking at cabins up there for sale. Gonna have a fight on my hands when I want to spend money for a toy hauler. Could be she's right....I love it up there.

Eli

We were up there for 5 days over the holiday at our place in Swains Creek, very cool weather and good to get away. Where is your cabin?

It's in Duck Creek. We make it down that way quite often especially during the snow time to let the kids go sledding across from the Mammoth Cave turn off. We are headed back up there June 12-14 right before I head back to Europe for 5 days :MBdance:

We were up there also over the holiday.....our good friends opened their taco shop(GRINGA's TACO's) in the village by the new dance hall. We were able to park our WW right across from it in the private meadow(R. Ingrams land). Awesome weekend and ummm Yeah the snow was a lil unexpected got us pretty muddy as we were loading up to get out of there..took the rhino to Mammoth Caves and the Knolls and Ice Cave and so on and so on, Absoulutly beautiful up there.... only bummer...I got skunked fishin.....still way to much fun to care. Ive heard you can get all the way down to Kolob Rs. from up there, I would like to try that this summer!

heres some pics....

Taco shop

IMG_3699.jpg

rhino

IMG_3720.jpg

My son Ayden fishin at Aspen Mirror

PICT0022.jpg

Aspen Mirror lake

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

and my kids at Mammoth caves

PICT0032.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

Edited by Bryan M

We were up there also over the holiday.....our good friends opened their taco shop(GRINGA's TACO's) in the village by the new dance hall. We were able to park our WW right across from it in the private meadow(R. Ingrams land). Awesome weekend and ummm Yeah the snow was a lil unexpected got us pretty muddy as we were loading up to get out of there..took the rhino to Mammoth Caves and the Knolls and Ice Cave and so on and so on, Absoulutly beautiful up there.... only bummer...I got skunked fishin.....still way to much fun to care. Ive heard you can get all the way down to Kolob Rs. from up there, I would like to try that this summer!

heres some pics....

Taco shop

IMG_3699.jpg

rhino

IMG_3720.jpg

My son Ayden fishin at Aspen Mirror

PICT0022.jpg

Aspen Mirror lake

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

and my kids at Mammoth caves

PICT0032.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

Too F'n funny! We were pulling into Mammoth Cave when you guys were leaving. We'll have to hook up for a ride next time with the Rhino's.

Too F'n funny! We were pulling into Mammoth Cave when you guys were leaving. We'll have to hook up for a ride next time with the Rhino's.

its a small world after all...its a small world after all....

....that would be alot of fun to hook up and go for a ride up there, I PM'ed you back Ash!

Sorry you got skunked fishing, this took us about 30 minutes to catch in our pond at Swains. We can only catch 5 fish per day per lot. The big one is 21" long and 5" deep, the steaks in the pic are from just him. We had to cut him up like a salmon to fit the cooker.

Our 2.5 ac. lot is for sale if anyone is interested, dropped to $205,000 with the bad economy and all.

post-61-1243713759_thumb.jpg

post-61-1243713822_thumb.jpg

post-61-1243713884_thumb.jpg

post-61-1243713932_thumb.jpg

Our friends have a place up in Swains. He is the Mngr. up there. Been going up for like 25 yrs. Love it up there.

My place is at the bottom of the hill below Bill's place at the corner of Spruce Dr. and Heavenly Dr.