Hoover Dam bypass project

dunefreak

Last night I was able to get some shots of the Hoover Dam Bypass....barely. We got hassled by the cops for a list of laws we broke on Federal property, :headbang1: etc etc. "Yes sir, sorry sir, blah blah blah" :grin:

Anyways, I hadn't seen it in a while and was amazed. I think it's crazy the engineering that goes into projects like these. The arch is almost connected and is a trip to see all that weight just hang there by cables WAY the hell up there. :headbang1:

normal_hoover6.jpg

normal_hoover.jpg

normal_hoover5.jpg

Also found this link with a web cam of the bypass. Takes a few seconds to load.

http://live8.truelook.com/face/sqface.jsp?...overlay=default

We were checking that out when we were at the lake last weekend. I thought those archs were going to be the road at some point.. :headbang1: Ross pointed out the road was above. :grin: It really is amazing looking. Cant wait to drive across it! Great pics Pete!

Those are awsome. Pete have you had to get your camera cleaned yet?

Nope :headbang1:

One of these days when I get a better tripod and a larger aperature lense, I will be able to get even better night shots than these. These pics were only taken with my "cheap" f/3.5 lens and p.o.s. tripod. :headbang1:

I wanted to get my f/2.8 mounted up, but the cops came rolling up with their flashing lights on. They were all pissed off and stuff. :rant_on: :headbang1::grin:

awesome night pics pete wish you could have broke out the big gun. where were you that made them so mad?

Well we were just there is what made them mad I guess. The dam is closed off to pedestrians at night and there's nowhere to park (legally). So we pulled off the side of the road kinda in between some cones at an employee parking exit road. :grin: He said we were also impeding traffic. Whateva! :flatbiller: I had jumped out and crossed the street to set up my tripod in some "authorized vehicles only" lot. :headbang1:

Well we were just there is what made them mad I guess. The dam is closed off to pedestrians at night and there's nowhere to park (legally). So we pulled off the side of the road kinda in between some cones at an employee parking exit road. :grin: He said we were also impeding traffic. Whateva! :flatbiller: I had jumped out and crossed the street to set up my tripod in some "authorized vehicles only" lot. :headbang1:

Cool pics, you are developing some mad paparazzi skills! :headbang1:

WOW! That's some crazy stuff! I can't help but look at that picture and imagine Smokey and the Bandit jumping the bridge! LOL!!! I can't wait to see when it's finished. That bridge is crazy high! :ah: