Don't Tear Down a WWI Memorial

desertskyz

I just heard about this fight to keep a 75 year old war memorial up, in Mojave Desert.

Apparently some politician from OREGON said he would be offended if he saw it, if he happened to be on that particular stretch of highway in CALIFORNIA. And the ACLU is backing this… I’m just stunned.

http://www.donttearmedown.com/

Not sure how much truth there is to this, but it would a travesty if it is true and came to be.

Also, there is no mention of this guy name. Hummmm makes me wonders

I voted anyway.

Edited by desertskyz

I wonder if this particular a$$hat is offended when he drives down the hiway and sees crosses that people have put up for their loved ones that have died? Somehow this moron must be getting money to go to court and fight this memorial.

In my opinion, all members of the ACLU should be sent to thier own little island and forced to fend for themselves. This is total :laughoff: and should not be tolerated by any self respecting citizen of the United States. These brave people selflessly left everything they know to go fight for the freedom and prosperity of this country. There should be a memorial on every single street corner of the country to remind us of the sacrifice of our soldiers.

If you love your country, sign the damn petition.

This is the work of some idiot in Oregon who cant fix issues in his state but wants to point out something petty like this in Cali. Face it, for a long time, we a lived in a Christian Society. Thats why the dollar bill has the verbage " In God We Trust" and the Pledge of allegieance has " One nation under god." I understand as our generations mature and take a liking to different beleif systems is their personal right, but this is as silly as asking someone to remove a cross from their necklace since it "offends" someone. There are bigger issues in society that need attention than a war memorial that is offending one idiot outside of the state its in.

Edited by SandBurro

What worthless piece of crap wouldn't pay respect to the people who fight and sacrifice to keep OUR land free? :laughoff:

Signed!

There are millions of them and the majority of them voted for Obama. This ain't your Gandparent's America.

It'll be down in no time.

I voted!!!

WTF is wrong with Goverment today?!?! Just leave it alone!! Its bad enough that they are chipping away at places to ride, Our $$$ with Taxes and out right to bear arms!!!

Dont do any thing and before we know it we will be just like china or Russa!!!

I am not religious in any form- I never get offended by a cross on a hill, on a mountain top or any other way. It's a free country, as long as you don't force your beliefs down my throat I am ok with a cross.

To me it symbolizes those that gave their lives, plain and simple.

But for a SINGLE person the isn't even in the same state to be able to have such power is STUPID!

Our whole Gov. System is jacked and needs a major overhaul.