classic moments at Dumont

dunefreak

Just going through some pics working on something and came across some "classic" pics that I thought I'd share. :beercheers:

Maybe we could keep the thread going with whatever pics you guys have as well.

I'm pretty sure I posted this in the past but here it goes again anyways cause it is that good.

This is one of the funniest memories ever. Our buddy Mike brought out his rail for one of it's first trips to Dumont. Aaron (Sand700r) was riding shotgun and was already very uneasy about Mike being behind the wheel. :beerpint: (Mike has a bad track record.) :whoop:

Anyways, Mike decides to hit a jump. Aaron is already sh*tting his pants. Mike comes in pretty hot & hits the jump. He completely chops the throttle causing the a$$ end to come way up and nose dive. :laughoff:

The pic does no justice how vertical the car became after the pic was snapped, but you can see the looks on their faces. Priceless. Aaron is screaming like crazy and Mike has the death grip on the steering wheel. :mex:

The car amazingly comes down with a suprisingly smooth landing, but the trans case breaks! Mike comes to a stop and we were laughing our a$$es off. We survey the damage and say let's tow it back He says, I think it's ok to drive. :blink: He gets about 50 feet and the trans quits. :blah::mex:

Another classic moment in history at the D. :blah::idiot:

click the pic and zoom in on these guys. :mex:

post-3-1255803287_thumb.jpg

Here's another from back in the day.

It's crazymexeddie, sanddunesaddict, me and duniemonkie (taking the pic) at Dumont Halloween 2003. Good ol' black beauty! It was one scary old buggy with lots of dune miles on it but one of the funnest rides ever in the dunes. We had lots of good times in that thing. :beercheers: The rear stadium setaing was the shizz! :beerpint:

R.I.P. black beauty lol

post-3-1255827163_thumb.jpg

this is my oldest pic of dumont... my first trip. Didn't even have paddles yet. Sometimes in 04. I could go everywhere, just not very fast. this is actually a vidcap from an old video.

dumont_04.JPG

this was in 05.. EDIT, sorry I am mistaken this one is 06, i just liked it. :)

dumont_05.JPG

presidents day 05.. that was the year it rained for 2 months and wouldn't stop... If you look close at the last picture under the fender of the green bike you can see the 2005 off road pass.

dumont_pres05.JPG

dumont_pres05_1.JPG

Edited by metalalien

ooohhh love that one, look how crowded it is.. and I thought 04/05 was packed. When do you think the big crowds started to come to dumont? I know people have been going there for decades but I wonder when the word really got out...

Edited by metalalien

open them in MS paint and save as a .jpg

So far Pete has the oldest pic 03. Can't wait to see some older... I know if anyone has some, it would be the DDR crew.

01-02 is when I could afford a digital camera and when I met Pete.He had just got a digital also.

I will have to get out some pics and scan them.

Look at that, a pic from when everyone used to get along.

pray tell......who's not "getting along"? :stir: wish i knew how to get them on here. i got a vcr video of my blue baja bug from maybe 1988 doing maybe 60mph across the top of comp from one end to the other. and ran across a still of my baja and my fastback type 3 stuck next to each other in the middle of the dunes at spinreel(coos bay) from 1982.

Look at that, a pic from when everyone used to get along.

It weren't me, I only knew 1 person in that crowd, then. Met afew more 2 months later @ Coral and then a few more then a few more----you get the idea. Come to think of it, I didn't know ah never mind.

Yep, those were the good ol days for sure. Wasn't that a "potluck" also? :stir: :laughoff:

Shhhiat, speak fo yo self foo. They are all good days in my eyes, then AND now. Come to think of it, things are better than they have ever been. :beercheers::beerpint::beerpint: And yes that was right after the potluck! :ahhhhh: :beerpint: That was cool while it lasted.

i dont have a picture of it....and i barely remember it...but i can say that 2 vicaden and 18 beers a bunch of ATC 70s and giving me the microphone was one of the best times ever!!

and my illuminated glow in the dark cooler!

watching Girlwithhorns eat it while trying to go up comp on my YZ450....nothing but snot and sand coming out of her nose! :driver::blury::headbang1: