2010 regatta date?

SKINNER

Hey all just wanted to give you a heads up. We are looking to pull a permit for this year's event; therwfore we won't have any details for a couple weeks. We hope everything goes smoothly with the process and it's not too big of a pain in the a$$. We want to play it 100% by the rules this year as we anticipate it to be an even bigger gig. So hopefully the BLM is cooperative and can help us make it successful 2nd annual 70cc regatta. So far I have talked about this with Larry Blaine (BLM) and I plan to discuss it with him in further detail in person over Tday weekend at D.

I'll keep you guys posted as things move forward. :atc: :laughoff:

This also means everyone has to play by the book as well!!

Whips, Helmets, and proper tags on your stuff!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good point, probably should nix the "relay" race from last year too....lol

i am sure we can all pull it together and be "good kids" for a weekend!

i should go work on the 70 now!

Nah we have to do a relay race, just have to modify it *wink wink*. Make the rider waiting complete some other task while waiting, but it is to much fun on to do something.

I am with you mark......last years race was fun just ask cole

Well you guys might as well stay home then this year. Beer relay races and drinking & riding won't be allowed this time. (not that hey were last year) We can easily have a great time with the 70's without breaking any laws at Dumont. There will be plenty of time for those participating to drink and party afterwards when the nightime festivities begin. :beat: We really need everyone to be on board with this if they want the 70 regatta to happen.

This also means everyone has to play by the book as well!!

Whips, Helmets, and proper tags on your stuff!!

Well you guys might as well stay home then this year. Beer relay races and drinking & riding won't be allowed this time. (not that hey were last year) We can easily have a great time with the 70's without breaking any laws at Dumont. There will be plenty of time for those participating to drink and party afterwards when the nightime festivities begin. :beat: We really need everyone to be on board with this if they want the 70 regatta to happen.

I'm all for this. Would love for this event to be able to run for years to come without the LEO's having the wrong perception of it. We can always party all night... :lol:

Any ideas on mounting whips on these things? :atc:

I'm all for this. Would love for this event to be able to run for years to come without the LEO's having the wrong perception of it. We can always party all night... :lol:

Any ideas on mounting whips on these things? :atc:

Thank you, Eddy. I think alot of the people who are seriously interested in making the regatta share the same attitude. :slap:

As for your whip mount, Randog has some pretty badass brackets he's been CNC'ing up so I will make sure he brings plenty out for those that need to buy one. They fit all ATC 70's and bolt on where the rear grab bar mouting bolts are. :beat:

Well I can stay home if you like, but that is why I was saying modify it and not drinking while riding. I just want multiple events and I agree that there should be no drinking and racing. I think there could be some other task to be completed as I stated, while the other rider is going around the track, just makes it fun if you have to complete "something" prior to the other rider getting back. Last thing I want to do is ruin the event and screw it up for everyone.

:beer_bang: Thanks Cole & everyone. I knew you all had an ounce of "keep it cool" sobriety in ya :beer_bang:

Seriously though. I will be chatting in person with Larry at the BLM this weekend and will be talking the details over for the permit requirements. He has the permit packet and all the relative info to give to us. I just hope the insurance and permit fee is TOO rediculous. I really would like to make this a great event for years to come, therefore legit with the BLM folk. With what funds we have already plus a reasonable registration fee I think we can all pull it together. Like I said...details will follow soon. I'm getting excited about it.

for the relay I'm guessing you all had to drink a beer before the other person got back??? well how about getting Al's BBQ out there and make you eat something by the time they get back...maybe make the course a little longer for the small stomach peeps! : :beer_bang: :beer_bang:

:laughoff: hey just an idea don't shoot me :woo_hoo:

Edited by Raptor0206

make em dizzy :beer_bang: :beer_bang: ...spin around in circles type thing...then of course we would all have to ride in full gear to be prepared for the collisions!....maybe that would have been ok last year, i have a feeling there may be some pretty nice 70's comin out this year, probably wouldnt want to trade paint!

maybe some kind of a trivia question/quiz after each rider switch, rider cant take off until their teammate answers the question,.... goofy dumont trivia or just general knowledge stuff?? the kind of questions that are easy to answer as long as you are not under pressure to answer them!.... before you know it someone gets stumped, and someone catches up.

just throwin an idea out.

:beer_bang: Thanks Cole & everyone. I knew you all had an ounce of "keep it cool" sobriety in ya :woo_hoo:

Seriously though. I will be chatting in person with Larry at the BLM this weekend and will be talking the details over for the permit requirements. He has the permit packet and all the relative info to give to us. I just hope the insurance and permit fee is TOO rediculous. I really would like to make this a great event for years to come, therefore legit with the BLM folk. With what funds we have already plus a reasonable registration fee I think we can all pull it together. Like I said...details will follow soon. I'm getting excited about it.

Won't you have to get a paramedic onsite for the weekend/day?

make em dizzy :beer_bang: :laughoff: ...spin around in circles type thing...then of course we would all have to ride in full gear to be prepared for the collisions!....maybe that would have been ok last year, i have a feeling there may be some pretty nice 70's comin out this year, probably wouldnt want to trade paint!

maybe some kind of a trivia question/quiz after each rider switch, rider cant take off until their teammate answers the question,.... goofy dumont trivia or just general knowledge stuff?? the kind of questions that are easy to answer as long as you are not under pressure to answer them!.... before you know it someone gets stumped, and someone catches up.

just throwin an idea out.

Not a bad idea, but you still need your race 70 and your show 70 lol

Hey Pete my T-shirt guy owes me a favor, let me know if you want to utilize it to make up some shirts to cover insurance costs.. :beer_bang:

Thanks Eric. I appreciate it. However Steve @ Sandcrazd is already on it.

We'll figure something out if the costs are up there. We already have a head start from some of the poker run proceeds.

if need be i am down to donate to the cause, i would hate to see this get cancelled do to high cost of following the rules. i know its best to play buy the book, but sometimes the "powers that be" forget that the fees outweight the fines!.....lol....its like they say "its better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission".....i dont know who "they" are but i heard that they say alot of stuff.

Well you guys might as well stay home then this year. Beer relay races and drinking & riding won't be allowed this time. (not that hey were last year) We can easily have a great time with the 70's without breaking any laws at Dumont. There will be plenty of time for those participating to drink and party afterwards when the nightime festivities begin. :dope: We really need everyone to be on board with this if they want the 70 regatta to happen.

hey pete I am cool...not drinking and riding I got it man no problem....if I do make out I promise I will behave :dope:

I got our permit packet this past weekend from Larry at the BLM. It seems we should be able to handle everything and he is cool with the event. I'll be shopping for the insurance the next week or so. That is the only cost that worries me, but we shall see.