opey10 Posted December 2, 2009 Posted December 2, 2009 Did Sand addiction magazine go out of business? I got a subscription in late Oct. and they said my first issue would be here Nov.17th. I still havent got it so I went to contact someone by going to the website and now that doesn't work I also got a phone number and is was disconnected! Does anyone know the deal with these guys? Thanks! Quote
RAGDOLL MX Posted December 2, 2009 Posted December 2, 2009 i talk to mike summer all the time, and he hasnt said anything about it being out of buisness.. Quote
dunefreak Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 i talk to mike summer all the time, and he hasnt said anything about it being out of buisness.. Michael SOMMER is with SAND SPORTS magazine, Cole. Sound slike you talk to him alot. As for SA mag, sorry I haven't heard anything. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 PGI Media group runs all that stuff.. might have better luck contacting them thru that avenue Quote
otis Posted December 3, 2009 Posted December 3, 2009 Did Sand addiction magazine go out of business? I got a subscription in late Oct. and they said my first issue would be here Nov.17th. I still havent got it so I went to contact someone by going to the website and now that doesn't work I also got a phone number and is was disconnected! Does anyone know the deal with these guys?Thanks! I got the Oct issue in the mail a few weeks ago.... No cards inside the mag or emails saying anything about being the last one.... Quote
kathy @sand cars Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 They are OUT OF BUSINESS! Talked to the owner myself and they let all their employees go and doors are locked. That's the hot topic of the day over at GLAMISDUNES.COM. Quote
Richard Cheese Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 2 out of the three sand and semi-sand publications...RIP toy hauler mag and now sand addiction Sand Sports has HOT VW's to fall back on too Quote
raspadoo Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 (edited) Bought my last rail from one of the owners, said the side X side mag was doing well but not sand addiction. Suprised to see them both gone. Bummer. Hopefully Sand Sports will hire the "Bunnies" Edited December 10, 2009 by raspadoo Quote
otis Posted December 10, 2009 Posted December 10, 2009 2 out of the three sand and semi-sand publications...RIP toy hauler mag and now sand addiction Sand Sports has HOT VW's to fall back on too ATV Sport mag has gone under as well. They sent me a utility quad rag and a note last month saying.... we regret....bla bla bla...but we'll be sending you this mag in its place to finish out your subscription.... Quote
Just Mike Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 I have been noticing that the issues in the last year have been getting thinner. Sucks to hear off another business going down. Quote
TCS T Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 They are closed and "the Dune Tour" in Dumont is off. Sucks! Quote
Kitcat Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 We were wondering about them. The last few additions had ads for shows that had already taken place (sometimes months prior). And the mag just got skinnier and skinnier. Quote
White Rhino Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 dang.. I just paid for my new subscription... so what other wrags are out there? ANY ONE!!!???? Quote
Richard Cheese Posted December 11, 2009 Posted December 11, 2009 dang.. I just paid for my new subscription... so what other wrags are out there? ANY ONE!!!???? sand sports Quote
Free Agent Posted January 10, 2010 Posted January 10, 2010 It's all going on line. It'll shake out on line to who has the best layout thus attracting the best advertisers. I understand by reading in the threads on the rzr forum, the advertisers pay $1300 a month each to participate with their own section in the forums. Last I counted the advertisers had 25 sections, and have been there for almost 2 years so it must be effective for all involved. This in addition to banner ads and margin ads revenue, and membership subscriptions. PRC forums are the first to fall, they are changing their format due to heavy competition pressure from rzr forums. Just too slow and sleepy. Great people there, but lethargic activity. Quote
Free Agent Posted January 10, 2010 Posted January 10, 2010 As you were: I just counted 55 advertiser sections. UTV crap people say in the forum they pay $1300 a mo for the section and no one has disputed it or called them out on it. http://www.rzrforums.net/forums.php This cost was brought up because someone bitched they don't get a forum member discount, and the supporting vendors countered that it costs a lot to advertise/support there. So ya figure ya don't have the mailing, set up and publishing/printing costs,, if you can make it online,, you are making it big. I see now what so many Supporting Vendors are trying to set-up their own forums. Quote
BLUE STEEL Posted January 10, 2010 Posted January 10, 2010 sand sports Hey Cheese or anyone else out there. Any opinions on this mag. I was thinking about subscribing. :surrender: Quote
dunefreak Posted January 10, 2010 Posted January 10, 2010 Hey Cheese or anyone else out there. Any opinions on this mag. I was thinking about subscribing. I have always liked Sand Sports mag better than SA anyways. I'm a subscriber for life. :surrender: Quote
BLUE STEEL Posted January 11, 2010 Posted January 11, 2010 I have always liked Sand Sports mag better than SA anyways. I'm a subscriber for life. :surrender: Thanks for the imput Pete. Quote
opey10 Posted February 16, 2010 Author Posted February 16, 2010 This makes me so mad I paid the people and didnt get one issue! To me that is stealing. I emailed them numerous times and didnt hear back from them Quote
bp-guy Posted February 18, 2010 Posted February 18, 2010 So do we get a refund for undelivered magazines? If I pay for a year I should get a years worth right? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.