time for an ATC makeover & Lifan motor swap

dunefreak

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's looking sweet, nice work. I'm so far behind in stuff, don't even think I'll be bringing the 70 out. Had three emergency vet visits this past weekend, and he's been there all day and spending the night, who knows, maybe tomorrow night also. See what they say tomorrow... 70 is looking real good...SF Woody

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see the Lifan 110 run against Coles 88, I am on the fence about doing the 88 kit or a motor swap. I have seen some 88's run, but they were just the jug and piston. I am waiting to see how the 88 with race head, cam, bigger valves, bigger carb and exhaust does.

GREAT JOB and AWESOME going with Blue / Blue 70's are the best 70's no matter what anyone says!....They just are!

Gear it at 15 36 / you will love the Lifan......GITRDONE (Scott) geared his at 14 36 and loves it / I am gonna ride it next time out!

Anyway, LOOKS SWEET...looking forward to meeting you guys at Dumont!

Andy

I would like to see the Lifan 110 run against Coles 88, I am on the fence about doing the 88 kit or a motor swap. I have seen some 88's run, but they were just the jug and piston. I am waiting to see how the 88 with race head, cam, bigger valves, bigger carb and exhaust does.

We shall see hopefully very soon! :beercheers:

GREAT JOB and AWESOME going with Blue / Blue 70's are the best 70's no matter what anyone says!....They just are!

Gear it at 15 36 / you will love the Lifan......GITRDONE (Scott) geared his at 14 36 and loves it / I am gonna ride it next time out!

Anyway, LOOKS SWEET...looking forward to meeting you guys at Dumont!

Andy

Thanks Andy! Good info there. I need to get a sprocket too so that info helps a bunch.

I have a few things to do still like get a pipe, mod the footpeg bar, and finish building my battery holder. It is coming along great though. I am so stoked to hear this this run and most of all to just hit that button to fire it up instead of the ol skool pull start. :pics:

my buddy is doing this swap as well but he has it where the starter is on bottom, any tips on what exhaust to run??

Oh and that photochopped seat LMFAO.... :pics::beercheers:

Edited by mush

my buddy is doing this swap as well but he has it where the starter is on bottom, any tips on what exhaust to run??

You can run the over pipe from Sterdy Products or most crf50 pipes should work with little finessing.

:MBdance: Lookin sweet. :atc:

Thanks Tyler. :driver:

progress progress progress :MBdance:

New chain and sprockets installed...

post-3-1263195460_thumb.jpg

post-3-1263195512_thumb.jpg

post-3-1263195526_thumb.jpg

I started mounting the electronics on the skid plate to go up in the frame...

post-3-1263195550_thumb.jpg

My buddy Tommy giving me a hand with some welding on my battery tray I fabbed up...

post-3-1263195614_thumb.jpg

My custom battery tray with starter relay mount.

post-3-1263195675_thumb.jpg

Here's where it will mount...

post-3-1263195854_thumb.jpg

post-3-1263195745_thumb.jpg

post-3-1263195869_thumb.jpg

I also widened the footpegs and made new tabs so I could still run the factory heel gaurds.

post-3-1263195906_thumb.jpg

post-3-1263195933_thumb.jpg

Badass Rouge grips on Pro Tapers. I am running all Yamaha stuff like Raptor thumb throttle and Raptor headlight/ starter/ kill switch for the electric start.

post-3-1263195996_thumb.jpg

post-3-1263196014_thumb.jpg

post-3-1263196034_thumb.jpg

And then drilled a hole so I could hide the wire for the LED tail light

post-3-1263196059_thumb.jpg

that looks bad a$$ Pete, i cant wait to see it all together! glad tommy could get it welded up for ya! it looks great!!!!

Thanks Cole! Yeah it was just easier to cruise down to Tommy's with some beer and hook it up. ;)

It's coming together pretty well now. I got my throttle cable and intake adapter today. I just have to run down to 50cal's and grab a pipe, then wire it up. That's pretty much about it. :ban-split: I'm gettin stoked.

That's coming along quickly. I like the battery mount idea... better than the hidden mount on the skid plate that I've seen before.

Thanks. It seemed so much easier and more conveinant for battery access this way. I'm suprised I have never seen it mounted there before. You can't even really see it when the bike is on the ground. I have seen 6 pack rack mounts too :ban-split: but that looks like crap I think.

IT'S ALIVE! :MBdance::headbang1:

I got the wiring all done (except the lighting and kill switch), got the pipe on, and fired her up tonight. Man, it's just wierd only having to push a button to fire this thing up now. :hatdance: It fired right up too. Only a couple seconds and it was running. It sounds great.

I'll post some pics up hopefully tomorrow. Time for some damn sleep. :lol:

lookin badass Pete!!!

do you think those rogue grips would fit my DS handle bars? i noticed they were for bmx and not atvs?

They come in diff. lengths. make sure you buy the longest ones they sell and you'll be fine.

lookin badass Pete!!!

do you think those rogue grips would fit my DS handle bars? i noticed they were for bmx and not atvs?

As long as they are 7/8" bars, hell yeah. Chad has them on his Raptor. I'm getting another set for my Raptor as well. Their badass. I never heard of them for bmx and not atv. :headbang1:

They come in diff. lengths. make sure you buy the longest ones they sell and you'll be fine.

They do? I bought mine from Rocky Mountain and only saw one size. Then again, I think I might have input or selected Raptor machine when it asked.

7/8 " is the outter diameter of the bars, not the inner....and not the circumference, correct?

right. most bars are 7/8 ;)

how about that push button buddy!......i agree it is weird! its oh so nice though!

hellz yeah! Now time to look for some Yamaha GYTR decals :MBdance::headbang1: