time for an ATC makeover & Lifan motor swap

dunefreak

dratv rocks, but dont forget to check ebay before you order, i have ordered a few things from there and saved money on each item. also a little tip is to get creative on the search, look for atc70, atc 70, pitbike, pit bike, even lifan and piranha stuff, if you need some accesories. i found a company that had my intake manifold ( more agressive curve, and 24mm ) for 9.99 and free shipping, and a intake rotator base for 10.95 (21.95 on dratv).

just a little FYI to help everyone! :laughing:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dratv rocks, but dont forget to check ebay before you order, i have ordered a few things from there and saved money on each item. also a little tip is to get creative on the search, look for atc70, atc 70, pitbike, pit bike, even lifan and piranha stuff, if you need some accesories. i found a company that had my intake manifold ( more agressive curve, and 24mm ) for 9.99 and free shipping, and a intake rotator base for 10.95 (21.95 on dratv).

just a little FYI to help everyone! :laughing:

Skinner, those are inner circle tricks, you cannot give that intel away like that. lol

oops ... got your thread all side tracked.........back to your build! :atc:

you did have those parts you ordered sent to my house right? you knw, just incase you arent home when they arrive right?!

:laughing:

:DDRrocks: nope, I always get my parts sent to my work. It's sometimes cheaper to send them to a business anyways.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updated pics of my progress...

My new Lifan 110cc motor, electric start, 4 speed :yiah:

post-3-1261865022_thumb.jpg

painting the tank...

post-3-1261865455_thumb.jpg

post-3-1261865474_thumb.jpg

tank after the base coat, before clear...

post-3-1261865567_thumb.jpg

painting the hubs. Looks like my tree is decorated with atc70 ornaments :driver::laughing:

post-3-1261865610_thumb.jpg

painted up and clear cloated blue parts...

post-3-1261865681_thumb.jpg

laying on the metallic silver to the frame and misc parts...

post-3-1261865258_thumb.jpg

painted up silver parts

post-3-1261865391_thumb.jpg

all parts painted up and sitting next to the heater for the next day or so to cure. Then on to some assembly tomorrow! :MBdance:

post-3-1261865773_thumb.jpg

post-3-1261865788_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I have chosen to go with a Blue & silver theme...kind of a Yamaha color theme and it will also match the new rail :beerpint:

Thanks guys. Kens Colors hooked the paint up. It looks sweet.

Yea Justin, I am going to have to do some modding to mine as well, but it looks like it should be fairly simple. It just needs to be extended or lengthened a lil bit wider to clear the shifter. :beerpint:

same here...i am thinking i will just "re-time" the peg bar to the mount plate (change the posistion of the peg bar inside the mounting plate), i will probably just cut the factory welds and rotate the peg bar downward a bit then re-weld it. so instead of the bar coming off the plate and coming up slightly, i think iwill make it come off and stay level. i will let you know how it works out and if its good we can hook yours up too :beerpint:

yeah thats should work, should get the knees down a touch too. clears the shifter now.

before.....peg bar rises from the motor plate.

IMG_0935.jpg

after....peg bar is just about level with plate, basically you can pick the spot it needs to be at depending on the motor setup, mine needed to be at this level, but yours may not need to drop as much.

IMG_0937.jpg