time for an ATC makeover & Lifan motor swap

dunefreak

Well, I decided to tear down the 70 and give it a quick makeover.

I will try and keep this thread updated with a build log as I go. It's gotta get done quickly since the regatta is right around the corner. :MBdance:

before teardown and on the operating table...

post-3-1260823582_thumb.jpg

chain was super stretched out and the tensioner wasn't even doing anything...

post-3-1260823716_thumb.jpg

After dropping the motor out...

post-3-1260823802_thumb.jpg

post-3-1260823630_thumb.jpg

Pretty much all torn down...

post-3-1260824174_thumb.jpg

Now the fun begins. :lol::pics:

Don't ask what my plans are because I don't even know for sure yet. Stay tuned and you & I will find out. :MBdance:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how long did it take to tear it down?

Overall working time...probably 30 minutes to an hour and I was taking my sweet a$$ time. I worked on and off at it last night for a few hours. Dissasemble something, drink beer, get an idea, stop working, go to computer and price sh*t out and look stuff up, etc etc. Repeat that a few times. :unsure::banghead:

just put that 125 in there already and let the fun really begin

I'm actually gonna order up a Lifan 110cc auto clutch/ electric start. I want the 125cc and I kinda like the idea of having a clutch, but it just isn't very practical when it comes to grabbing a beer and cruising across camp (the whole point of having this thing in the 1st place lol). I hear the 110 still rips pretty hard. How much can 10-15cc really make a difference anyways? :lol:

I made some more progress tonight. I'll post up pics in a few.

Overall working time...probably 30 minutes to an hour and I was taking my sweet a$$ time. I worked on and off at it last night for a few hours. Dissasemble something, drink beer, get an idea, stop working, go to computer and price sh*t out and look stuff up, etc etc. Repeat that a few times. :unsure::banghead:

I'm actually gonna order up a Lifan 110cc auto clutch/ electric start. I want the 125cc and I kinda like the idea of having a clutch, but it just isn't very practical when it comes to grabbing a beer and cruising across camp (the whole point of having this thing in the 1st place lol). I hear the 110 still rips pretty hard. How much can 10cc really make a difference anyways? :lol:

I made some more progress tonight. I'll post up pics in a few.

Yeah very true. I think I spilled a little too much last event bucause of that damn clutch, my buddys 110 hauls too. I am going to ordered my new motor soon and get my overhaul going prob after the first of the year. Nothing like waiting til the last minute.

well iam ready to come over and have some beers and help out in any way i can....

No problem. I guess the next step is to get sanding on this stuff. But we can't get going on paint until the new fenders arrive. So...with that said...get over hear with some cold beer and sandpaper. :lol:

Ken decided to paint everything up over here at my place so when it's time for that it will be a great reason to get a few DDR peeps together for garage beers. :peeps:

No problem. I guess the next step is to get sanding on this stuff. But we can't get going on paint until the new fenders arrive. So...with that said...get over hear with some cold beer and sandpaper. :lol:

Ken decided to paint everything up over here at my place so when it's time for that it will be a great reason to get a few DDR peeps together for garage beers. :peeps:

Pete

Do you know if Ken can color match to the fenders? If so last seasons cleanest 70 winner wants his tank repainted lol.

Well all my parts are now prepped, sanded and ready for paint! Now time to spend some rediculous cash over at dratv. :dope:

Me too. Wonder if we can get a bulk deal on parts for to DDR members. :laughing:

I wonder if these parts people (cause most of us are use the same ones) are wonder Why are so many parts going the Henderson, Las Vegas area. Do they have a club or something :DDRrocks: