ford sand rail

sir-clicks-alot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is anything to talk about. I think the only car I've ever seen with a Ford motor was the Batman car. Ford motors are not available at a reasonable expense. Also it's easier and less expensive to get better performance from more common motors. Not to mention C.A.R.B. now. I am suprised more car builders haven't moved to Arizona or Nevada. :MBdance:

flyin ryans green car was ford powered and it hauled booty.

well it was a Ford based BRODIX motor, but yes it hauled the mail nonetheless! :flipoff::laughing:

pics were before he added the twin hair dryers :laughing::assblast:

post-3-1264323954_thumb.jpg

post-3-1264323971_thumb.jpg

I've yet to see many fairly stock Ford motors in do well in rails. Then again, Flyin Ryan's red V8Rail car had a 5 speed, Cobra 5.0L that was one of the most reliable running cars that he ever owned. He should have kept that fugger! :laughoff: That car was badass.

post-3-1264323772_thumb.jpg

I build 95% chevy engines, but I dont have anything against fords really. The engine design is fine. Most buyers (especiallynow) make at least part of the build decisions based on cost. Chevies being more popular brings cost down. Besides the small defference in actual engine cost, there are big differences in induction cost, and mostly tuning COSTS. Ive tuned in the neighborhood of 2000 ls pcms....and have friends that also tune and we all have our OWN tuning hardware and software. I have 3 different softwares for tuning just ls engines depending on year, needs etc. I also have software for most aftermarket stuff, like fast, accel, subies, etc...BUT HAVE NEVER SEEN TUNING EQUIPMEnt even once anywhere for fords. None of my friends have tuning abilities for fords either. So I thinks thats the biggest reason they are not more popular.

I jump in a few cars a week with a laptop, record data, make changes, etc etc...but have had maybe 4 phone calls regarding tuning fords in the last few years.

well it was a Ford based BRODIX motor, but yes it hauled the mail nonetheless! :ahhhhh: :ninja:

pics were before he added the twin hair dryers :headbang1::ninja:

post-3-1264323954_thumb.jpg

post-3-1264323971_thumb.jpg

I've yet to see many fairly stock Ford motors in do well in rails. Then again, Flyin Ryan's red V8Rail car had a 5 speed, Cobra 5.0L that was one of the most reliable running cars that he ever owned. He should have kept that fugger! :slap: That car was badass.

post-3-1264323772_thumb.jpg

You can say that again. Ryan had to have a custom intake manifold MADE. That wasn't cheap. :slap:

Actually the red car was a 4.6 Cobra and yes it was the best V8 rail to date...even Ryan will tell you that.

The custom intake is on his new chevy powered car and Pete is right it was pricey.....Then some tuner had to go and blow it apart :ahhhhh: luckily it was fixable.

I have seen some unique Ford powered cars but since the Northstar and then the LS1 came out its to easy and cheap to use anything but.

There always has to be an underdawg! Yes there are few fords, and that is because of the cost mainly. In the old days a Ford 331,352,390 had heads on them that weighed almost as much as a Chevy 283, 327 motor You have to be stubborn like me to run or race a ford! I did and had a ball when, the few times, I was able to win a race, the Chevy owners would cry :slap: their eyes out!!

!

Who wants to do what every one else does anyway!! Be different, take a chance! :headbang1::D

:ninja:

Edited by SANDAWG

Actually the red car was a 4.6 Cobra and yes it was the best V8 rail to date...even Ryan will tell you that.

The custom intake is on his new chevy powered car and Pete is right it was pricey.....Then some tuner had to go and blow it apart :think: luckily it was fixable.

I have seen some unique Ford powered cars but since the Northstar and then the LS1 came out its to easy and cheap to use anything but.

shelby parts for ford 5.4l engines should help some in power increase could go up to 800-1200hp 800hp supercharged 1200+ twin turbo :broke:

Same reason why they dont put ford motors in boats, people dont want thier toys to break down every time they take them out. :stir: :think:

ive seen more ford 460's on boats that never broke down they can be just as reliable as chevys shelby and ford are a deadly team shelby is more reliable when it comes to land look them up and see that shelby crushes chevy no matter how new :nuts:

hey guys don't get all work up over this, you are talking to a 15 years old autistic kid.

he really likes fords please don't blame the kid for having such a good taste.

thanks for understanding guys.

wrong :broke: i could be 42-75-33 solve this 427.533.391 its not a phone number hint cubic------ dont think i dont know who u really are by the way im going to dumont dune s on presidents day expect to see me fly on a 660 raptor invite someone who has a ford sandrail to the dunes :think:

There always has to be an underdawg! Yes there are few fords, and that is because of the cost mainly. In the old days a Ford 331,352,390 had heads on them that weighed almost as much as a Chevy 283, 327 motor You have to be stubborn like me to run or race a ford! I did and had a ball when, the few times, I was able to win a race, the Chevy owners would cry :ninja: their eyes out!!

!

Who wants to do what every one else does anyway!! Be different, take a chance! :think::D

:broke:

you can say that again

if i show u it will be ur grave digger and its name will be grave digger

First off this is a Dune site to talk about dunes. This is not a Ford or Chevy or Dodge site where we bicker about who has the better ride. No one ever has the best ride in the sand.

Second do you Actually have a rail or not? If you do I would like to check it out. I love all sand toys that have been done well and don't give a crap what powers them as long as they can dune.

My dad collected antique cars - all Fords - Model T's, 40 Ford, his 1st car was a 32 Phaeton. He and his car buddies were guilty of dropping a few Chevy engines into their Fords, however!

This is his 32 Phaeton

post-1635-1264569737_thumb.jpg

I couldn't get the other pic uploaded of his 40 that was featured in Hot Rod Magazine! :(

40.bmp

Edited by Kitcat

Here is my 2 seat 2.3 Ford turbo 300 Hp out of a turbo coupe it gets down I run 15+ lbs Boost all day and have no problems and only burn 10 gallons of gas all weekend motor is all stock except for pistons it also for sale for $7500 it also has a fresh trans 702-994-2234 lvpdub@hotmail.com :flipoff:post-6212-1264721896_thumb.jpgpost-6212-1264721909_thumb.jpgpost-6212-1264721918_thumb.jpgpost-6212-1264721925_thumb.jpg

First off this is a Dune site to talk about dunes. This is not a Ford or Chevy or Dodge site where we bicker about who has the better ride. No one ever has the best ride in the sand.

Second do you Actually have a rail or not? If you do I would like to check it out. I love all sand toys that have been done well and don't give a crap what powers them as long as they can dune.

PM send :flipoff: