dunefreak Posted October 25, 2010 Posted October 25, 2010 You gotta admit, it's been going pretty damn smooth so far. You have to expect something to slow the progress down. It's inevitable. Keep on truckin, Bert. I know you'll get it all handled. Let me know if you need any help. I know you guys have to be getting close to burned out soon. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted October 25, 2010 Posted October 25, 2010 You gotta admit, it's been going pretty damn smooth so far. You have to expect something to slow the progress down. It's inevitable. Keep on truckin, Bert. I know you'll get it all handled. Let me know if you need any help. I know you guys have to be getting close to burned out soon. I am going to guess to much cookies and milk being served over there and he wasnt concentrating on what he was doing:blury::peeps::grin: Capt Quote
dunefreak Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 Well he hasn't updated this thread yet so I guess I will. Congratulations Bert!!!! It came out SO badass. Good job. Here is the SAND NATIONAL! Quote
Mike330R Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 'bout time we see some pic's, you've been home 24 hours slacker! Anyway came out real nice!! Quote
Sandblower Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 Great Pics! Congrats on the crossing the finish line! BTW, nice going all legit on the flag.... red or orange on top! Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted November 2, 2010 Author Posted November 2, 2010 thanks for the awesome pics Pete It was a very good shake down run/maiden voyage. Very little issues and drove it in the trailer which is good for any weekend. When did they get rid of all the whoops on the way to comp !!! Thanks for all the help from everyone that helped me. I went and set up the springs and ride height tonight.Also scaled the car. Quote
andydew Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 Holy cow that thing looks awesome!. I'm sure you were very proud to get it out there; I like the pic with you both strapped in grinning from ear to ear. Congrats again Quote
CaptNkllm Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 So what does she weigh? Glad everything went smooth Bert. Capt Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted November 2, 2010 Author Posted November 2, 2010 Lets hear some guesses on the weight. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 I'M THINKIN ABOUT 2100? NEGATIVE!!!! Try 3250lbs Capt Quote
White Rhino Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 BTW Bert that Car is a BEAUTIFUL thing!!!!! you looked like a very proud pappa sitting in her! wish I could have run with ya, next time your out I hope! Quote
andydew Posted November 2, 2010 Posted November 2, 2010 2110? HAhaha, This wasn't supposed to be the price is right? or was it? I thought it'd be light with that GN motor I'm thinkin I'm way off now Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted November 3, 2010 Author Posted November 3, 2010 I forgot to post the pics of the fact that I have the worlds most expensive nap maker!!! Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted November 3, 2010 Author Posted November 3, 2010 Well I dont believe the scale readings and I am going to get it to a CAT scale to confirm. We put it on the scales twice after zeroing them out both times I also stood on all 4 wheels 1 at a time after being on the scales and all 4 went up and back down to the original number. If the weight is true which I will confirm hopefully tomorrow night I think I am going to have an animal of a car on my hands. Here is the proof!! lets hear it!!!! Quote
Jakster884 Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 On GD I guessed 2235. I was very close. Quote
andydew Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 I forgot to post the pics of the fact that I have the worlds most expensive nap maker!!! That's just too cute! That weight doesn't sound bad to me; A friend SU car with the subie comes in around 1800 with all the light duty economy options; I was thinking my v8 car was 2200-2400ish never scaled it yet. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 (edited) Well I dont believe the scale readings and I am going to get it to a CAT scale to confirm. We put it on the scales twice after zeroing them out both times I also stood on all 4 wheels 1 at a time after being on the scales and all 4 went up and back down to the original number. If the weight is true which I will confirm hopefully tomorrow night I think I am going to have an animal of a car on my hands. Here is the proof!! lets hear it!!!! Haaaaa it is broke!!!! lol think you had your trailer on it and not the car:stirthepot: where is the pic of the car and the scale readings at the same time? were is that scale?? want to weigh mine:woopitydoo: Capt Edited November 3, 2010 by CaptNkllm Quote
barefoot bob Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 no way ............................ Quote
dunefreak Posted November 3, 2010 Posted November 3, 2010 Here, I got some video! lol It's just a quick little crappy clip right after he unloaded it into the sand for the first time. <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a3tmy5aPZs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a3tmy5aPZs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a3tmy5aPZs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> Quote
HTownPerformance Posted November 5, 2010 Posted November 5, 2010 That car looks awesome! Thanks for stopping by so I could check it out Bert! The shifter sure does make a nice center piece. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.