New SCU custom build super sized for me

sanddunesaddict

NICE DEEP BLUE FUSEBLOCK WITH GROUNDING DEEP BLUE POWERBLOCK AND CUTOFF SWITCH. oops caps im wiring james car very similar i used the 6 station fuse block mounted in the same place. i added a power block attached to the switch with big fuse for the dash feed and a seperate power feed for the h.i.d.'s with the distrabution block in the roof to branch to the relays. with the mephi 4 having its own fuse block. we started it last night. however we'rewaiting on ricky wright to cough up the tranny. we should have it rolling for t day. but we didnt powdercoat. dont plan on it untill next summer for any add ons.

Man what a day.

After last night I was so frustrated and actually very pissed off.Its not like Jim and I dont know what we are doing I mean come on.I didnt get any sleep last night as I was going over wiring diagrams in my head all night.

Rechecked a couple of things tonight and we got liftoff!!!!

Going to Butches in the morning to double check my outboard hubs and then some tuning this weekend.

NICE DEEP BLUE FUSEBLOCK WITH GROUNDING DEEP BLUE POWERBLOCK AND CUTOFF SWITCH. oops caps im wiring james car very similar i used the 6 station fuse block mounted in the same place. i added a power block attached to the switch with big fuse for the dash feed and a seperate power feed for the h.i.d.'s with the distrabution block in the roof to branch to the relays. with the mephi 4 having its own fuse block. we started it last night. however we'rewaiting on ricky wright to cough up the tranny. we should have it rolling for t day. but we didnt powdercoat. dont plan on it untill next summer for any add ons.

I wish you could see my wiring Bob.

I think I have the most sh*t in a wiring system ever in a "sand car".You would think I had a vehicle burn down or something. :laughing::blink:

I wish you could see my wiring Bob.

I think I have the most sh*t in a wiring system ever in a "sand car".You would think I had a vehicle burn down or something. :laughing::blink:

lol i know how you feel. james is yelling at me that im over protecting his electrical system :lol: cause i fused the main runs twords the dash, out of the switch. then he starts nagging me about relays !!! we dont need relays !!! so i turned around and told him to go pay 1000 dollars and get it half assed wired. nag nag nag i wish david was here so they could :chat: and i could get stuff done but when they were done :chat: then it would be double nag nag nag, we fired the eyeball saturday and we were :yiah::yiah::yiah: we called capt and let him here it over the phone :lol: we are soldering and shrink tubing every connection however no debute for the new eyeball till t day.

Edited by barefoot bob

post-1340-061032200 1287584618_thumb.jpg

I hear ya.

I have a 300 amp circuit breaker before the switch.Then the master switch.A 100 amp mega fuse going to both the fuse boxes.Then I fire up the rear fuse block with a 85 amp continous duty solenoid and all the relays to accys after that.

i went with the ocean blue 2 post fuse block that bolts to the cutoff with a 100 amp fuse to the dash going into a 6 position fuse block , second post is a 70 amp on a #8 wire to the roof for the 6 acro lights running to a dist block and branching to 3 relays wired off 2 switches, im combining some of the loads at the dash fuse block to keep it at 15 to 20 amp connections. instead of several 5 to 10 amp fuses. the 6 Acros hit 12.2 amps per at fire up so 70 is acceptable. i should keep a strict 80% of load, but since the fire up is only less than 60 seconds going into a 3 amp burn for lights i should be golden. dash block shouldnt exceed 50 amps but i also have the mephi 4 protected with it so it should be right @ 80% of load

Edited by barefoot bob

Turn yo speaka's up fools! headbang1.giflaughing.gif

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJIeA4KDwRM?fs=1&hl=en_US"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJIeA4KDwRM?fs=1&hl=en_US"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJIeA4KDwRM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

All it needs now is

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PitGkp1ncXE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PitGkp1ncXE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PitGkp1ncXE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You would be set .... UP BUBBA!!!!:thumb::B

Sounds good Bert... but it only sounds about 450hp:dunno:....No tune yet:dunno::gossip::redneck::headbang:

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

Well after thrashing for 4 weeks now I am still having issues.

It runs as you saw the video.

I had mutilple coolant leaks.The headgasket is leaking oil.

The starter broke the shaft and spit the gear out.

So i get a new starter and smaller clamps for the coolant leaks.

The engine still runs like crap and I am waiting for a knock module that was supposed to be in my hands last thursday.

I am not giving up but it is not looking good for halloween.