dunefreak Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 progress! We got the suspension hung tonight minus the rear shocks. Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 3, 2010 Author Posted September 3, 2010 Bert, congrats man! I like the grin you had on the pic of you opening up the trailing arm and Pete's quote like a kid at Christmas. LOL Yeah I cant wait to ride in it! SCU regatta and at Dunetoberfest right? SHOTGUN! LOL Trying like hell Quote
CaptNkllm Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 Great pics Pete... KEEP THEM COMING ... Looks GREAT!! How is the fit? My A-Arms and Trailing arms where a PITA lol OMG its looking good Capt Quote
dunefreak Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 Great pics Pete... KEEP THEM COMING ... Looks GREAT!! How is the fit? My A-Arms and Trailing arms where a PITA lol OMG its looking good Capt Let's just say they took a little finessing. Looking at the pics of the progress you'd think those arms and shocks would have taken us like 45 minutes to put on. More like 3 hours! Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 3, 2010 Author Posted September 3, 2010 Yeah thanks to Pete Nick and my friend Justin. Jim came by later as well. Its a b*tch to get this thing together with the powder coat. I think the hard part is done though. Quote
DunerDan Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 Lookin good Bert! Cant wait to see it in action! Quote
EY3BA11 Posted September 3, 2010 Posted September 3, 2010 Yeah thanks to Pete Nick and my friend Justin. Jim came by later as well. Its a b*tch to get this thing together with the powder coat. I think the hard part is done though. was quite fun. How many gm techs does it take to hang an upper a-arm.. 3 with 2 others drinking beer and supervising Quote
dunefreak Posted September 4, 2010 Posted September 4, 2010 some more progress tonight. Rear shocks and coilovers are on. Trans is in. fuel cell in. Fuel pump mounted and probably more but I had to jam out. Some pics... lots of tubes! Melanie the lil helper Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 4, 2010 Author Posted September 4, 2010 Got the front and rear hubs all greased and installed. crappy cell phone pics as Pete the photo guy left already and I forgot my camera.I will get some better ones Quote
CaptNkllm Posted September 4, 2010 Posted September 4, 2010 Kinda like a Nascar assembly team lol... looking great Bert you guys are moving right along Capt Quote
bp-guy Posted September 5, 2010 Posted September 5, 2010 Where are you doing the assembly at? If you tell me your house I am jealous. That would be sweet to have a lift at home. Quote
SAND~~SNAKE Posted September 5, 2010 Posted September 5, 2010 (edited) Where are you doing the assembly at? If you tell me your house I am jealous. That would be sweet to have a lift at home. ********'s shop... Edited September 5, 2010 by SAND~~SNAKE Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 5, 2010 Author Posted September 5, 2010 (edited) Edited September 5, 2010 by sanddunesaddict Quote
80grit Posted September 5, 2010 Posted September 5, 2010 It is coming together so fast. But you have the "A Team Crew" helping out Keep the pics coming. Car is looking really good! Its getting me fired up for October. Quote
YNOTJR. Posted September 5, 2010 Posted September 5, 2010 looks good cant wait to see it done!! Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 5, 2010 Author Posted September 5, 2010 Kinda like a Nascar assembly team lol... looking great Bert you guys are moving right along Capt It is coming together so fast. But you have the "A Team Crew" helping out Keep the pics coming. Car is looking really good! Its getting me fired up for October. without the help I couldnt do it. Some of this stuff is 3-4 man jobs.Even just putting my uniballs back in I needed someone to hold the arm while I beat the crap out of it. Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 5, 2010 Author Posted September 5, 2010 Justin did this for a living for a short while on a off road race team. He told me when tearing down for maintenance it is a little easier do to everything as it wears in and getting slop in it. Quote
sandawg Posted September 6, 2010 Posted September 6, 2010 Holy Crap Bert! I was going to post pictures of what I did to my car for the up coming season. Not evern going to bother now. Talk about anti climatic!!! Your car is coming out so well and looks way to good. You have to be reallly stoked to be getting so close!!!! It looks terrific, to say the least!!! Se ya at the Dunes if not before! Pat Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 6, 2010 Author Posted September 6, 2010 Thanks Pat and everyone else too. Be working on it all day tomorrow hopefully Quote
CaptNkllm Posted September 6, 2010 Posted September 6, 2010 without the help I couldnt do it. Some of this stuff is 3-4 man jobs.Even just putting my uniballs back in I needed someone to hold the arm while I beat the crap out of it. Lol I figured it would be like work lol.....Mine was Thanks Pat and everyone else too. Be working on it all day tomorrow hopefully Text me the address I would like to come see it tomorrow if you guys done mind Capt Quote
bstecki Posted September 6, 2010 Posted September 6, 2010 Bert congrats Bud!! Its coming along. Pete told me the powdercoat came out really good. Glad all that worked out. Quote
EY3BA11 Posted September 6, 2010 Posted September 6, 2010 Thanks Pat and everyone else too. Be working on it all day tomorrow hopefully drop me a text if u need a hand im off tomorrow Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.