sanddunesaddict Posted September 13, 2010 Author Posted September 13, 2010 Wait till you guy see my brake and clutch lines!!!! All I can say is SUPER BADASS!!! Quote
White Rhino Posted September 13, 2010 Posted September 13, 2010 Wait till you guy see my brake and clutch lines!!!! All I can say is SUPER BADASS!!! well where are the PICS!!!!!! Quote
White Rhino Posted September 13, 2010 Posted September 13, 2010 Started on the brake lines tonight. Stupid me forgot to weld in some sort of bulkhead braket for the brake lines So I am hoping to maybe fab up some nice aluminum ones and attach them to the chassis. power steering lines are being made as well. also have to fab up a clutch pedal stop. are you talking like this or where they transition at the bulkhead? Brake Line Holder Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 14, 2010 Author Posted September 14, 2010 bulkhead....I have the front one figured out...I just need the rear 2 at the pivot housing. Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 15, 2010 Author Posted September 15, 2010 (edited) Bulk heads figured out.....GM horn brackets that we never use and end up throwing away because we use the factory bracket. Here is from my rear master cylinder to the hard line which will be going to the cutting brakes and then hard line back to the pivot housing.There will be 2 more of these brackets at the pivot housing....they work great and match the other hardware on the car. Here are my power steering hoses and you can see some more brake line work in the background. these are the brake lines and clutch lines. They are a regular brake line but instead of just a clear cover over the braid they have this "smoke" color which looks bitchen on the arms. also got my limit straps mounted today. Edited September 15, 2010 by sanddunesaddict Quote
dunefreak Posted September 15, 2010 Posted September 15, 2010 Looks badass Bert. Starting to look like a sandcar! Quote
White Rhino Posted September 15, 2010 Posted September 15, 2010 Looks badass Bert. Starting to look like a sandcar! oh crap is that what he is building LOL looks bitchen Bert!!! Quote
andydew Posted September 15, 2010 Posted September 15, 2010 Lookin Schweeet! I've been trying to follow the pics while on vacation; but it's better to see them now at home on the big monitor. Congrats again! Quote
barefoot bob Posted September 20, 2010 Posted September 20, 2010 hey bert who is gonna dyno it ?? Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted September 20, 2010 Author Posted September 20, 2010 Just my a$$ dyno and some 02 readings Quote
SKINNER Posted September 28, 2010 Posted September 28, 2010 BERT!....i am in serious need of an update here!!!.....LOL Quote
EY3BA11 Posted September 28, 2010 Posted September 28, 2010 no kidding. wheres the updated plumbing wiring and droid video of it running already you have had plenty of weekends to finish this thing up and if you claim you needed help and its taking you longer i call shinanigans cuz ddr is only a phone call away Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted October 5, 2010 Author Posted October 5, 2010 Ok well I and a couple friends have been burning the midnight oil. So sorry there has been no update.Im just trying to get her done asap. Power steering system filled and bled. Fuel lines all made and mounted up. Picked up a few Axial Alloys clamp systems at the SSSS.These are very nice pieces and work very well. Got rid of those ugly a$$ fabricated polished aluminum valve covers and picked up some very clean looking Buick logo ones with a Turbo 6 emblem on the other side. Car also has plenty of WHOA!!! now I just need some GO!!!! Finished bleeding the brakes tonight.Got some of the smoked cover brake lines.They look sharp. Installed a Jamar park lock and a brake switch. We got rid of all the crap we do not need out of the engine harness.As soon as I get the balls to mount my guages because I am an idiot and didnt cut the holes before powder we can start stringing wires. Also got my new steering tires mounted and installed on the car!!!! I think they look great. Quote
80grit Posted October 5, 2010 Posted October 5, 2010 Wow Bert. That is some really clean work. Looking fantastic. Gonna be done in 24 days? Sorry I am getting anxious to see that bad boy rip it up in the sand Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted October 5, 2010 Author Posted October 5, 2010 (edited) We are trying like hell Edited October 5, 2010 by sanddunesaddict Quote
barefoot bob Posted October 5, 2010 Posted October 5, 2010 and now for the obvious questions, why are your paddles on the front?? why didnt you turn your gauges over and trace the circle. or is that a new style gauge ?? im not knockin babert . the car looks good just en ya Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted October 5, 2010 Author Posted October 5, 2010 those are Jims paddles.I took the from tires off so I can get the beadlcok rings powder coated and I dont have any desert tires yet.LOL I can trace the guages but then the hole would be too big as the bezel is larger than the guage.I am just scared of screwing up the powder coat.I am going to do it tonight though. Quote
White Rhino Posted October 5, 2010 Posted October 5, 2010 Looking BAD a$$ BaBert!! the stering tires are my fav part :freakin_nuts: cant wait to see it at the D!!!! Halloween????? Quote
EY3BA11 Posted October 5, 2010 Posted October 5, 2010 lots of painters tape and patience.. Make sure you have everything exactly marked and where you want it and that the holes are the proper size You can always cut em smaller but too big and yer fk'd Quote
FE135 Posted October 6, 2010 Posted October 6, 2010 I like the front paddles, you could do a stoppie if you hit the brakes hard enough. Nice car!! Quote
sanddunesaddict Posted October 6, 2010 Author Posted October 6, 2010 I think i need to start drinking after doing those guages. It came out awesome though. Thanks for the pics Jim. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.