New SCU custom build super sized for me

sanddunesaddict

Started on the brake lines tonight.

Stupid me forgot to weld in some sort of bulkhead braket for the brake lines :headbang1:

So I am hoping to maybe fab up some nice aluminum ones and attach them to the chassis.

power steering lines are being made as well.

also have to fab up a clutch pedal stop.

are you talking like this or where they transition at the bulkhead?

Brake Line Holder

Bulk heads figured out.....GM horn brackets that we never use and end up throwing away because we use the factory bracket. :beercheers:

Here is from my rear master cylinder to the hard line which will be going to the cutting brakes and then hard line back to the pivot housing.There will be 2 more of these brackets at the pivot housing....they work great and match the other hardware on the car.

DSC03150.jpg

Here are my power steering hoses and you can see some more brake line work in the background.

DSC03143.jpg

DSC03147.jpg

these are the brake lines and clutch lines.

They are a regular brake line but instead of just a clear cover over the braid they have this "smoke" color which looks bitchen on the arms. :beerpint:

DSC03144.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

DSC03148.jpg

DSC03151.jpg

also got my limit straps mounted today.

DSC03149.jpg

Edited by sanddunesaddict

no kidding. wheres the updated plumbing wiring and droid video of it running already you have had plenty of weekends to finish this thing up and if you claim you needed help and its taking you longer i call shinanigans cuz ddr is only a phone call away :P

Ok well I and a couple friends have been burning the midnight oil. So sorry there has been no update.Im just trying to get her done asap.

Power steering system filled and bled.

Fuel lines all made and mounted up.

DSC03232.jpg

DSC03233.jpg

DSC03235.jpg

Picked up a few Axial Alloys clamp systems at the SSSS.These are very nice pieces and work very well.

DSC03236.jpg

DSC03235.jpg

Got rid of those ugly a$$ fabricated polished aluminum valve covers and picked up some very clean looking Buick logo ones with a Turbo 6 emblem on the other side.

DSC03234.jpg

DSC03237.jpg

DSC03239.jpg

DSC03238.jpg

Car also has plenty of WHOA!!! now I just need some GO!!!! Finished bleeding the brakes tonight.Got some of the smoked cover brake lines.They look sharp.

DSC03150.jpg

DSC03148.jpg

2010-09-29_21-43-48_761.jpg

2010-09-29_21-44-29_58.jpg

2010-09-29_21-44-38_613.jpg

2010-09-29_21-44-53_628.jpg

Installed a Jamar park lock and a brake switch.

DSC03240.jpg

DSC03241.jpg

DSC03242.jpg

We got rid of all the crap we do not need out of the engine harness.As soon as I get the balls to mount my guages because I am an idiot and didnt cut the holes before powder we can start stringing wires.

2010-09-28_23-18-06_43.jpg

2010-09-28_23-18-13_523.jpg

2010-09-28_23-18-36_499.jpg

Also got my new steering tires mounted and installed on the car!!!! I think they look great.

DSC03245.jpg

those are Jims paddles.I took the from tires off so I can get the beadlcok rings powder coated and I dont have any desert tires yet.LOL

I can trace the guages but then the hole would be too big as the bezel is larger than the guage.I am just scared of screwing up the powder coat.I am going to do it tonight though.

lots of painters tape and patience.. Make sure you have everything exactly marked and where you want it and that the holes are the proper size :D You can always cut em smaller but too big and yer fk'd