Do you think this rear shock set up will work?

nightime

Looks like it will work as far as the geometry, not sure if the forks are ready for that much load though. Try it and see, most of us have a garage full of stuff that didn't work the first time.

I wouldn't trust those clamps on the upper mounting point.

Yea I'm worried too! It's my nephew's buggy build...he built it from scratch...all said and done he has much less than than $1500. into this thing...like the good old days!

Looks like it will work as far as the geometry, not sure if the forks are ready for that much load though. Try it and see, most of us have a garage full of stuff that didn't work the first time.

Funny... that's the truth! May 19th it will be at Sand Mt. Nv. for a test... run? :beerpint:

Hope it out performs the high $ rails!

Good eye!

What year model? the luuk pretty thick like some 50mm ? He is going to have to fime some SERIOUS springs to handle the weight and probably would want to find a way to run an extra set of upper clamps. Either way props for trying something new :beerpint:

Edited by raspadoo

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I could see the front shocks being up-dated to dirt bike forks soon and some longer ltz type of arms next trip.

Not much on this rail is not used....Trina "his girl-friend" even gave-up the used panty hose as the pre-filter for the air cleaner... makes the air smell better! LOL!!!

now just take them to white bros and have them worked !!!!

i had a mid engine car one time and i used the single shock off of a yz 80 i just happened to have a spare frame at the time and so i had 2 shocks no one ever noticed ..................

post-1340-052048000 1289306011_thumb.jpg

Edited by barefoot bob