race fuel by the barrel

dunefreak

I buy mine by the pale, it is VP C14 and it run about $85 per pale at Haycock. I know if you buy it by the barrel it gets cheaper per gallon and you can take the barrel back and claim the deposite. What are you putting it in, size motor, compression?

Edited by mineurbiz

3 questions...

1) Where do you buy yours?

2) how much?

3) and what brand of fuel & octane is it?

:beercheers:

I was using the Rocket 111, you can buy it by the gallon at the Rebel wharehouse . They are located off the 15 and Sahara. I had good luck with it in my Subie running about 21 psi. If you buy 55 gallons its a bit cheaper. The last time I bought it, it was about $7 a gallon.

I buy mine by the pale, it is VP C14 and it run about $85 per pale at Haycock. I know if you buy it by the barrel it gets cheaper per gallon and you can take the barrel back and claim the deposite. What are you putting it in, size motor, compression?

It's going in my sandcar (3.5 turbo Honda, 10psi boost). I'm looking to get some 110+ octane. I can go 50-50 with 91 octane and 110 and it's much cheaper.

I was using the Rocket 111, you can buy it by the gallon at the Rebel wharehouse . They are located off the 15 and Sahara. I had good luck with it in my Subie running about 21 psi. If you buy 55 gallons its a bit cheaper. The last time I bought it, it was about $7 a gallon.

Thanks Joe. That's where I went last time to get some and found out they weren't open on weekends. :beercheers: I guess I was out of the loop on that.

So it's $7/ gal when you buy 55 or cheaper?

I'm probably no help to you but I get mine from Willow Springs Raceway 4 miles from home. VP 110 leaded and VP 100 unleaded at a drive up pump. Either is $8 per gallon. If you have a O2 sensor, it won't live as long with leaded.

Edited by FE135

I tried the rocket and found that it ate the fuel lines in the car so I try to stay away from it. CBM in Rancho Cucamonga can get F&L for I think $340.00 per barrel.. It was 112 octane with no barrel deposit. I can call Bruce to see what he's getting it for these days. If we bought multiple barrels we might even get a better price. I currently have 1 barrel of 112 Sunoco but I am going to need more for the season so I could be in for a cpl of them. Maybe we could do a DDR fuel run? I also can get Sunoco in Phoenix at about $375. per barrel so it's about an even trip either way. I personally like Sunoco best can't say why but the car seems to run the best with it.

believe it or not you can buy 110 octane, full leaded at my storage here in Boulder City .. Not sure how much $. I'll find out if you want. But it will totally jack up a 02 sencer

Edited by Quadrockets

I tried the rocket and found that it ate the fuel lines in the car so I try to stay away from it. CBM in Rancho Cucamonga can get F&L for I think $340.00 per barrel.. It was 112 octane with no barrel deposit. I can call Bruce to see what he's getting it for these days. If we bought multiple barrels we might even get a better price. I currently have 1 barrel of 112 Sunoco but I am going to need more for the season so I could be in for a cpl of them. Maybe we could do a DDR fuel run? I also can get Sunoco in Phoenix at about $375. per barrel so it's about an even trip either way. I personally like Sunoco best can't say why but the car seems to run the best with it.

Cool. I was gonna talk to you Thursday about this anyways. I was thinking about doing a run like this as I figured you were about due for another barrel. I've had pretty good luck with Rocket, but I'll try Sunoco. I'm sure it will do just fine. I can't run leaded in mine because the O2's. Sunoco is unleaded right?

e85................................

My buddy Dave has his car converted to run on e85. That is definitely the cheapest way to go, but I heard he spend some coin doing some upgrades do run the alcohol. I'd still be kind of leary going that route. He hasn't had any issues, but seeing what is takes out on even the newer Flexfuel Chevys...I dunno.

Cool. I was gonna talk to you Thursday about this anyways. I was thinking about doing a run like this as I figured you were about due for another barrel. I've had pretty good luck with Rocket, but I'll try Sunoco. I'm sure it will do just fine. I can't run leaded in mine because the O2's. Sunoco is unleaded right?

My buddy Dave has his car converted to run on e85. That is definitely the cheapest way to go, but I heard he spend some coin doing some upgrades do run the alcohol. I'd still be kind of leary going that route. He hasn't had any issues, but seeing what is takes out on even the newer Flexfuel Chevys...I dunno.

looks like you can get both;

http://www.sunocoinc.com/site/Consumer/Rac.../UnleadedFuels/

http://www.sunocoinc.com/site/Consumer/Rac...aditionalFuels/

Just curious how long does race fuel stay stable? I have been only buying what I need...

If you keep it in a barrel it should be good for a year or more. If your storing it in anything plastic or where air can get to it, it will start losing octane quickly. If you need a empty barrel let me know i have an extra

Thanks for the info :beercheers: I am going to Coral pink next weekend my barrel is empty. I have had 6 gallons sitting in a plastic VP JUG and aprox 10 gallons in my car sitting since late april so that fuel is probally bad... :laughoff:

If your putting new race fuel on top of the existing I would think it would be fine. I have pretty much left the tank in the car full/at least covering the foam. You always want to keep the fuel cell foam covered in fuel to prevent it from breaking down.