Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I hope, as I'm sure many others will, that someone will post up more information about the access into Dumont, as the days go by.

I can only imagine how easy it might be to get stuck in that area, even after the majority of the water slows its speed.

Thanks for the pics

Posted

As of this morning there is no sign of the BLM. All of their equipment is gone. Maybe they gave up until later today. I would imagine they're probably waiting until the water level drops.

Sandchick & Malibu Mike are heading to Little Dumont now. They camped out before the crossing last night.

Posted

WHat trip was that Pete when David and Steve went through it over their hoods.Pres 05? I think thats when it was and it was worse than this.

Yep Prez 05. I am sure the water was flowing more than in was in the pics like last night. The BLM worker told Jodi it was the worst he's seen it in 20 years. So not sure if it is worse than 05 or not. I think I have pics of them. I'll see if I can dig em up.

Posted

Here is a pic submitted to DDR back in 05. I don't remember who sent it in. This was after the water had gone down the next day. This was back when there was that tiny slab where you had to make sure you didn't drive off the edge! laughing.gif

post-3-098212400 1293209375_thumb.jpg

Posted

The water is flowing pretty fast, we should have brought rafts! Lol! I will update when I have any new info. Right now there's no one to get an update from. Maybe someone can call blm?

Posted

that bites we have a group of 30 plus headed out there, some are there and cant get accross so they are at arch of sperry wash.

They must have camped with us

Posted

Crews worked all night on the fixing the damn and it washed away so they quit last night. River is prolly 75 ft wide and concrete looks to be collapsed in oarts

what did you do go through the baby dunes

Posted

Sitting at little dunes. The road that runs with the mountains is passable but will take over an hour to pass I think. The road closest to the hyway is doable but has a few really soft spits that would orolly get you. Seen 1 motorhome pass that way by the hyway but he had to stop on a hard spot to look for damage.

Posted

Thanks everyone for the updates, Im supposed to be heading out Sunday morning with a large group so the updates really help with the decision of do we go for it or change plans? Hopefully the water will go down and BLM can work on the crossing!! Fingers crossed!! :whoop::driver:

Posted

Are you with Charlene? She said they were hiking around last night checking stuff out :)

Not sure there were five of us at the Sperry wash entrance, but a couple rolled in as we were going to bed and didn't see anyone before we headed to little dumont. We are going to head that way in about an hour and I will send more pictures from the other side.

Posted

If the concrete is damaged I highly doubt they will have it repaired by next week.. would be easier to grade a road from little dumont in..

I doubt that slab is damaged. It's way thick and full of rebar.

Posted

If that is the tecopa turn off that us open.. through pahrump is open on the backside also. Entrance road is not passable. Concrete held... there are 2 rivers 1 before The concrete. I will upload a video to utube in a few. 60 degrees and no one in the dunes and I mean no one at all. Slight breeze ir it would be shorts and t shirt weather

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...