sand chick Posted December 24, 2010 Posted December 24, 2010 What does that mean? Still too much water to cross? Last night the blm guys said that there were two sink holes in the first little river and they estimated one to be too deep to try to cross they were trying to divert the water to fill in the hole, but the attempt failed, no one has been out to work on it today. I wouldn't take the chance to try it neither would Mike!! But we have seen it first hand, it's the first river that is sketchy! But to each their own. ;.) Quote
CaptNkllm Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 Concrete is good. I drive the rzr accriss it to look at the other river. I have video but I can't upload to utube. Good possibility of losing truck and trailer. In the first river Quote
Time2Dune Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 This might be a stupid question, but I’m a newbie to Dumont. Is there any other way around to the dunes? Thanks Quote
dunefreak Posted December 25, 2010 Author Posted December 25, 2010 This might be a stupid question, but I'm a newbie to Dumont. Is there any other way around to the dunes? Thanks Just by way of through the little dunes, but it's very slow and rough. You'll need 4WD. Quote
fireride Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 Crap!! What are the odds anyone will work on the road tomorrow? Probably no progress until Sun or Mon. Looks like its little dumont or Plan C. Thanks again everyone for the info. Quote
tazz3069 Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 Merry Christmas everybody. Any updates on the road. I think that I will be heading out first thing Thursday morning. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 We will take another run down there today. It is christmas so I doubt any work will be done today. Quote
bigmike Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 Me and my pops are about to head out and give it a run, ill post updates and probably pics after lol Quote
dunefreak Posted December 25, 2010 Author Posted December 25, 2010 Me and my pops are about to head out and give it a run, ill post updates and probably pics after lol Please do and good luck! Quote
crappy Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 Me and my pops are about to head out and give it a run, ill post updates and probably pics after lol please let us all know I am planning on leaving today and we come from 10 hrs. away .. The info you guy's are giving all of us is great THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU Quote
raspadoo Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 We were going to head to G but are looking at changing plans to Dumont, the adversity involved in getting out there is intriguing and will keep the numbers down Those new holes in the river are going to be nice come April and May for the mid-day cool off with the ez-up and an ICB Good luck to those trying to get in and thanks for the updates sounds like a trip to remember Quote
Doghouse Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 I have to head in to Dumont tomorrow morning. If the situation hasn't improved, I'll be camped and vending out of the little dunes. Quote
dunefreak Posted December 25, 2010 Author Posted December 25, 2010 update from sandchick: Still not looking passable! Now there are three rivers and still no sign of BLM. Former camp hosts, Don and Ellen, crossed in their Jeep and the whole front end went under but they were able to get out! It is not recommended to try to pull a hauler or drive a motor home across yet! Quote
tazz3069 Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 I am sure that BLM will not be there today. Being Christmas and everything. I think they will be there on Sunday to start. I can not see them not do anything for this coming New Years weekend. They will loose a grip of money from campers that can not get in. Thanks for the updated pictures and information. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 Still isn't passable . Water has gone down a little but the other river is still flowing good. No point in taking the road in and looking. Might as well do the little dunes and trek in this direction. 4 wheel drive can make it simple the back way. Good luck Quote
Doghouse Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 I can't imagine that BLM has it in the budget to bring in the materials to repair/ make passable that road. I am sure appreciative of all the input coming from you duners already there. I'm going to try contacting some other vendors to see what their plans are. Quote
dunefreak Posted December 25, 2010 Author Posted December 25, 2010 More updates sent from sandchick... A super lifted truck and flatbed trailer made it going full throttle I guess he almost got stuck the first attempt without the trailer, but he is super high and was hauling a$ the whole way She just talked to the guy in the truck. He said he had to hit it just right and there's a three to four foot drop off when you first hit it! Pic of a pic... (water up to the doors on a very tall truck!) Here is Malibu Mike standing next to the truck to show you what kind of truck went through. LOL I would guess that a truck & hauler or a motorhome might have some trouble. Quote
CaptNkllm Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 Yeah he was like monster boggs full throttle Quote
80grit Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 I wonder how those peeps with large fifth wheels turned their rigs around to head out. Trying to back the rig up the whole dirt road would really be a bummer Quote
CaptNkllm Posted December 25, 2010 Posted December 25, 2010 I think they used the turn off fir sperry wash Quote
ntrsandman Posted December 26, 2010 Posted December 26, 2010 That super lifted truck had no choice. He had to cross. If he spent that kind of cash on all that equipment, this is probably the only opportunity he had to USE it. If he didn't try, he's got no reason to drive that truck. Props to him! It appears he needs to secure his fuel jugs a little better though. Quote
Jakster884 Posted December 26, 2010 Posted December 26, 2010 That super lifted truck had no choice. He had to cross. If he spent that kind of cash on all that equipment, this is probably the only opportunity he had to USE it. If he didn't try, he's got no reason to drive that truck. Props to him! It appears he needs to secure his fuel jugs a little better though. You said it just right. all that truck and can not cross. He would have many camp fire conversations right there. Holly Cow is that Shiat Deep though. Good luck to the peeps trying to get across. Little Dumont will have a record breaking amount of duners though. Quote
bldrinker Posted December 26, 2010 Posted December 26, 2010 I hope they can get this fixed by next weekend.Imagine how many people have no idea about this problem that are planing to go. Quote
sandawg Posted December 26, 2010 Posted December 26, 2010 I hope they can get this fixed by next weekend.Imagine how many people have no idea about this problem that are planing to go. Shame on them for not watching DDR then!!! Their problem! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.