Dumont BLM/ sub group/ public saturday meeting

Just a reminder as we get closer to July 9th, the saturday BLM/ Sub-group meeting is coming up. I call shotgun in ynot's truck. grin.gif

This is a good chance for all of those who would like to get involved, listen to what BLM has going on behind the scenes at Dumont, or would just like to make some comments/ suggestions. Whatever reason, it would show the BLM our appreciation for having these occasional Saturday meetings so we can attend. It's good to stay involved on some level with the BLM if you go to Dumont. It raises awareness of issues and helps duners become more proactive / responsible so we can enjoy our dunes for many years to come. whoop.gif

So let's get as many DDR people together as we can this go around. As we figure out what kind of turnout we are going to have, we should plan something afterwards like lunch or drinks someplace. beerpeeps.gif

10:00 AM / Saturday July 9th, 2011

2601 Barstow Rd

Barstow, CA 92311

Here are the directions... http://www.dumontdun..._July_9th,_2011

Who's in???

I'm really gonna try and make this since it's on a Saturday but I'll be seeing Tesla the night before and then Godsmack/Disturbed/Testament/All Shall Perish/Dethklok and everybody else that's on Mayhem Festival that same day. Might be a stretch for an old man! Would like to do my part and participate and have a voice. And just stay on top of what's happening with our dunes.

I did do the tour when they showed BLM and OHV Code Enforcement around Johnson Valley. Hopefully it's a good showing whether or not I'm able to make it or not. I wasn't impressed with the low turnout for the JV shindig.

i don't know many of you guys/girls here personally, hopefully we can meet this next season. That being said, i wouldn't mind going to the meeting in a carpool kinda deal. I have a 2009 Escape, and could take 3 other adults in that or maybe we can take yours? I live in N. Las Vegas, near the airport.

i don't know many of you guys/girls here personally, hopefully we can meet this next season. That being said, i wouldn't mind going to the meeting in a carpool kinda deal. I have a 2009 Escape, and could take 3 other adults in that or maybe we can take yours? I live in N. Las Vegas, near the airport.

Even more reason to come on out. Let's plan to meet somewhere before leaving town and roll together. Sofar its me, ynot, and sdaddict in his truck. Sounds like he might have room for you as well unless it's spoken for. Maybe ynot can chime in to verify.

Even more reason to come on out. Let's plan to meet somewhere before leaving town and roll together. Sofar its me, ynot, and sdaddict in his truck. Sounds like he might have room for you as well unless it's spoken for. Maybe ynot can chime in to verify.

Nobody else has chimed in so the reservation list is open. Hopefully we can have more than 1 truck load

i can chime in for a spot, and if more people chime in i can always drive. when and where can we meet up? not sure where you are coming from. My office is by the Palms and plenty of parking there if that helps.

Us three will be coming from Henderson. Maybe we can meet at the M parking lot or something since it's right there by the 15. If we end up only taking one car, we can leave it there where it's secure. Otherwise we'll roll out with both and follow. thumb.gif

Good question. haha

We'll see as it gets closer. Since ynot is driving maybe he should make the call. DDR_time.gifcoffee.gif

I like to be on the I15 at 7:30 AM. i usually stop at Saxbys on seven Hills and get a coffee for the road

how long do these meetings usually go? I just got a gig on this day and I have to be back in Vegas by 3pm.

I looked it up and it's a 3 hr drive (according to Google) from my house.

I think i am going to have to bail on it this time, have to make money when I can.

They're usually only a few hours but that would be cutting it close. Barstow is at least 2.5 hours away.

That's too bad, but I completely understand. $$ comes first. thumb.gif

Here is the agenda, as you can see the whole topic of discussion is Dumont so EVERYBODY who has an interest should be there:

Agenda for July 9, 2011

Barstow Field Office

10:00 am.

Call To Order

Pledge

Introductions

Approval of the Agenda

Approval of the Minutes, May 3, 2011

Lunch – Bring money for pizza

DISCUSSION ITEMS

Dumont Dunes

Members Items

Adjournment

So far it looks like just ynot, sanddunesaddict and myself. lvnalolife is a maybe at this point.

As far as Cali peeps, who do we have? Wsky70 and possibly jakster?

Ken Allen may join us for the trip. I will let you know.