A&E TV Shoot at Dumont 4/28/12

Dirt Alliance

Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are rough! If there are no buggies out there then the producer will have bad footage and probably open his wallet for next time. just a thought. Im no producer but I would pay people to come out, even if it was just fuel for their toys.

so did some one call the blm to tell on them because they would not pay you to go to the dunes???????? iam in may be i can be a star lol

Look at it this way I probably saved them money. If they paid to get the cars and personal and gear to Dumont for the shoot and only found out in the middle of the shoot by a random LEO on patrol that it would all be for nothing and lost money. I play by the rules and have an issue with those that don't, plain and simple. I did check with someone at BLm and they do not have a permit. So you can look at it that I saved them money or I am an a$$ and threw them under the bus. Either way I have no regrets and would do the same all over again. My humble opinion and I stand by it.

• Like 1

I have never really seen any LEO's out at Dumont on an off Weekend and I surely wouldnt call it random at this point.

Capt

Well if they get away with it then it's BLM's fault, if not then I would gather it's their fault, right?

The reason BLM got called was to see if this was a legitimate operation. They are asking for people to come out to basically the middle of nowhere with expensive cars etc and who knows what may have been set up. Wouldn't be the first time something illegal was put together on the internet. I just wanted to see if they were playing by the rules. if they don't have a permit and they had offered money to come out and run I would not have done it

• Like 1

Was going to comment but no point in driving the ratings up.. who am I to judge if they are legit or not.. there have been a few times that I wasnt legit either in some aspect.

Capt

Well if they get away with it then it's BLM's fault, if not then I would gather it's their fault, right?

The reason BLM got called was to see if this was a legitimate operation. They are asking for people to come out to basically the middle of nowhere with expensive cars etc and who knows what may have been set up. Wouldn't be the first time something illegal was put together on the internet. I just wanted to see if they were playing by the rules. if they don't have a permit and they had offered money to come out and run I would not have done it

Was going to comment but no point in driving the ratings up.. who am I to judge if they are legit or not.. there have been a few times that I wasnt legit either in some aspect.

Capt

David I agree with you but it's a loss of $5000.00 to the dumont fee fund. I think that are times when we look at trying to get the pass pricing adjusted down that if we had everybody doing the right thing and not trying to cheat the system we might be able to do it. It just irritates me that a company making large money wouldn't have the common decency to play by the rules. That's all it is with me, just a personal little thing that bugs me I guess. :idea:

Edited by ynot
  • Like 1

The RIGHT THING is hardly ever followed by some... I am sure they just go in the dunes and do there thing or have look outs watching for BLM.. not hard to get around when its an off weekend.. even if the BLM is watching for it.. its not a 5k loss if they never intended to pay anyway..

Capt

David I agree with you but it's a loss of $5000.00 to the dumont fee fund. I think that are times when we look at trying to get the pass pricing adjusted down that if we had everybody doing the right thing and not trying to cheat the system we might be able to do it. It just irritates me that a company making large money wouldn't have the common decency to play by the rules. That's all it is with me, just a personal little thing that bugs me I guess. :idea:

they did have all the right passes and they did pay all the fees. it was a legit production. that was until i crashed on my quad. the a arm broke at about 65 to 70 miles an hour. now im in the hospital , punchered lung fractured 3 ribs, fracture knee, fracture back and a sprained ankle. I'm all screwed up at the henderson hospital. This SUCKS!

Damn Bruce, sounds like quiite the ride. Hope you get healed up soon. Guess the saving grace is that at least this was at the end of the season and not the start. Had some broken ribs before, not much fun at all. And whatever you do DON'T sneeze!!!

Was this on the DS?

they did have all the right passes and they did pay all the fees. it was a legit production. that was until i crashed on my quad. the a arm broke at about 65 to 70 miles an hour. now im in the hospital , punchered lung fractured 3 ribs, fracture knee, fracture back and a sprained ankle. I'm all screwed up at the henderson hospital. This SUCKS!

Oh no! Sorry to hear, Bruce. Glad it wasn't worse.

Dam Bruce, which hospital are you at St. Rose Siena or St. Rose Dominican

First off, Bruce I'm so sorry you got hurt man! You and Rod were the some of the coolest guys out there, and I thank you for showing up. E-mail me your address and what size you want and I'll send ya some shirts and DVDs this week. I hate how bad things happen to good people. You guys have some really nice quads, that's for sure! At least you'll have something to watch while you're laid up.

Regarding the shoot, there were three rails and two trucks. The day seemed fraught with problems, Bruce getting hurt, one of my big EZ ups getting broken, the blower on my inflatable arch getting dropped in the sand and breaking, my truck having fuel delivery issues, etc. It went ok, I think they got some cool footage, but now it is how they handle it "in post." I missed it but apparently my dog pooped on camera in a time lapse shot. That still makes me chuckle... LOL

I would have pics to post, but I left my damn memory card at home, so I've got nothing...

For those of you that doubted permit status, I have attached a copy of the BLM permit.

Big thanks to those of you that weren't haters.

post-8023-0-24092800-1335812085_thumb.jp

I am certainly not a "hater" as your referring to me as. But I do spend an extreme amount of time taking care of Dumont along with a lot of other Volunteeers who do this with no reembursment. I only ask that everybody who is required to obtain a permit do so. If you don't then I wish bad "juju" on you. If you do get permits then I wish you the best and like Pete,I do like seeing Dumont in shows and commercials. Apparently i didn't need to wish bad JuJU on you as you bought it with you:)

• 4 weeks later...

THAT SUCKS MAN SORRY TO HEAR IT JUST CURIOUS WHAT BIKE DID YOU CRASH?

Man sorry to hear about the wipe out Bruce ... Hope your feeling better.

Wow 5k for a permit man that's enough cheese to supply triple quilted paper for all the bathrooms in 12/13 season yiah!!!!