Dumont this weekend

ynot

We are going to try and tolerate the 88 degree weather and less people than Halloween so we can get in some good sand time. We are camping near #9. Anybody else going out?

Edited by ynot

due to my 20 minute outing last weekend due to some mechanical issues on my friends quad, he really wants to get back down this weekend so we are planning on going. gonna be warm but should have some breeze. i just need to get up earlier than 9am to ride this time haha.

Edited by flavtfan

You have nothing to worry about. ;)

Crossing the river is nothing to worry about it's a concrete bridge. Remember the closer you get to any of the fingers and or dunes the softer it gets. If you decide to go to the left from the road look for the rocky ridges to travel to your spot. When you go into a valley hit the gas and carry some steam as they can be a little softer than they look. If you go to the right there is plenty of firm ground until you get close to the dune fingers. If in doubt stop on firm ground and walk to where your thinking of camping. Although there may not be a lot of people out there this weekend most anybody will help if you get stuck. Have fun, be careful these dunes are quite a bit different than Glamis. If you are going out and see other people going out you can usually pull in behind and join there run. Most everybody has no problem with it.

If you have any questions please feel free to come by Bathroom #9 and ask for Terry. Are camp will be a couple of M/H with trailers and a weekend warrior f'vr attached to a white dodge.

• Like 1