got my new side panels

dunefreak

I got my new side panels and hood put on this weekend. :barf: Josey @ Sick Sand Travel did them and did a pretty nice job. They look sweet, but I still have to decide on either a color or just run a DA sander over them and clear coat em. I also still have to insulate them between the panels and the frame. I don't want these damn things rattling AT ALL! :beerpint:

post-3-1159235979.jpg

post-3-1159236006.jpg

new hood...

post-3-1159236053.jpg

So far this summer...

I have also put in some new Crow belts...

post-3-1159236381.jpg

a new chain and sprocket...

post-3-1159236331.jpg

....and rewired the HID's to eliminate the key fob switch for them. I also did this because I think the tranmitter had a draw that was killing the battery after sitting for long periods of time. I also put in a brand new battery and serviced the CV's with new grease.

The only things I have left are touch up the frame where the welds were made for the (this is Kens Color's specialty), insulate the panels, and put in some fresh gas and off I go. :headbang1: I can't wait.

2 stage powder... a candy and a clear... :D

and hey its just my opinion dont get all asshurt over it.. the guy has awesome talent when it comes to metal work and building cars.. but when it comes to artwork a 5y/o could draw better flames than that!

2 stage powder... a candy and a clear... :D

and hey its just my opinion dont get all asshurt over it.. the guy has awesome talent when it comes to metal work and building cars.. but when it comes to artwork a 5y/o could draw better flames than that!

I'm not a$$hurt about anything. I just think you are looking way too far into the whole "graphic design" of the "flames". He just ran the grinder over the hood to give it a lil something extra. It's not like it is down the whole side of my car.

My car has the grinder marks with the 2 stage candy powder over the top. That looks really great with candy red. Those panels look good with the natural finish also. It does look like a whole different car. Now with all that extra weight I might be able to keep up with you. :banghead::laughing:

My car has the grinder marks with the 2 stage candy powder over the top. That looks really great with candy red. Those panels look good with the natural finish also. It does look like a whole different car. Now with all that extra weight I might be able to keep up with you. :blink::laughing:

all that extra weight? What like 10 lbs? The panels are pretty thin and didn't really add any additional weight at all. And no...you still won't be able to keep up. :no_no: :banghead::laughoff::thumb: