Nov 2-4, 2012 trip report & pics

dunefreak

Friday night we rolled in, got set up and headed over to comp hill with (Bert) sanddunesaddict to play around on the hill. His 3rd run up the hill his motor popped and died. I towed him back to camp and we found out the bad news...no compression/ bent valves/ possible timing chain or tensioner issue. CRAP! That really sucked. Bert's weekend was cut way short. :(

Saturday morning dune run with Chadwick

gallery_3_89_93345.jpg

gallery_3_89_105739.jpg

Chad playing around

gallery_3_89_176648.jpg

gallery_3_89_16696.jpg

gallery_3_89_148959.jpg

me playing around on my ole Rappy

gallery_3_89_101379.jpg

gallery_3_89_155300.jpg

gallery_3_89_61852.jpg

gallery_3_89_54397.jpg

gallery_3_89_17041.jpg

We met up with 80grit and Steve B for a run. I found out duning in flip flops wasn't very easy. They fall off. I was going to lose them and take after barefoot bob but had nowhere to put them.

gallery_3_89_131429.jpg

About half way through the run Jason was running warm. He had a fan motor going out. He was able to clean it out and get it working back to normal. There was a ton of sand in the brushes.

gallery_3_89_15871.jpg

gallery_3_89_101964.jpg

We hooked up again with 80grit for a dune run/ video shoot. He was armed with a total of 5 Go Pros on his car.

gallery_3_89_70266.jpg

gallery_3_89_109782.jpg

We duned from the south end to Talladega and stopped there for a break. JZV and I played around and had some fun. We missed our sandcars over the summer for sure!

Some pics Chad snapped of me in my car.

gallery_3_89_95252.jpg

gallery_3_89_231076.jpg

gallery_3_89_107867.jpg

gallery_3_89_97150.jpg

gallery_3_89_191138.jpg

gallery_3_89_74930.jpg

gallery_3_89_139756.jpg

gallery_3_89_40335.jpg

JVZ

gallery_3_89_28774.jpg

gallery_3_89_68818.jpg

gallery_3_89_193334.jpg

gallery_3_89_159388.jpg

gallery_3_89_61472.jpg

It was Marcia's first time to Dumont. She loved it except for the sand everywhere. That she was not used to. hahaa

gallery_3_89_172628.jpg

Then after that run, we headed out to enjoy the sunset.

gallery_3_89_57678.jpg

gallery_3_89_96610.jpg

gallery_3_89_46378.jpg

gallery_3_89_91711.jpg

gallery_3_89_58531.jpg

Dinnertime and cocktails back at camp. Chadwick was entertainment as always. I have no idea what we were laughing at that he did, but it was hilarious. :laughing:

gallery_3_89_1894.jpg

gallery_3_89_115322.jpg

Steve and Jason lit off some sky lanterns while I was doing some long expposre shots. They turned out kinda cool.

gallery_3_89_14681.jpg

gallery_3_89_78103.jpg

gallery_3_89_50451.jpg

Cheers to no hangovers!

gallery_3_89_43638.jpg

Sunday morning...Chad and I headed right out again for a run on the Raptors.

South end looking towards the S Pole

gallery_3_89_109529.jpg

The dunes were a little choppy in some areas on Saturday, but not too bad. By Sunday they were cleaning up nicely!

gallery_3_89_61232.jpg

gallery_3_89_90543.jpg

gallery_3_89_41009.jpg

gallery_3_89_84303.jpg

gallery_3_89_181515.jpg

One last run late morning with JVZ and Vegas Style. It was perfect shorts and t-shirt weather.

gallery_3_89_91132.jpg

Coupe dudes on dirtbikes passing by

gallery_3_89_96729.jpg

gallery_3_89_60093.jpg

It was a really good weekend out there. Good company and great weather. My car ran hard and didn't break. It's reliability has me very impressed with how hard I push it at times. As mentioned earlier, I really missed driving my car over the summer. It felt awesome to get back out as this was my first trip of the season.

Looking forward to getting back out again on another non-holiday weekend hopefully with more of the crew next time. It's the only way to go for me. I love it out there when the dunes are empty.

• Like 2

Looks like a great time, nice photos. Looks like were heading out sunday the 18th till tuesday the 20th meeting some of our group who are doing a week out there starting sat the 17th. Maybe see some of you guys out there??

All I can really say is that this was exactly what I needed. I have not camped at Dumont in well over a year and this little kick off was perfect. We learned a very good rule for camping at Dumont and that is wake up and hit the dunes before you do anything else. Don't make breakfast, don't shower, don't do anything except get your butt on your bike and go ride. It's just what you need to get your day started.

I rarely party like I did on Saturday and from what I remember... I had fun!! Nighttime shenanigans by the camp fire finished off the weekend pretty well for me and water is the key to survive any hangover!!

I'm so glad the season has finally started and I'm looking forward to lots of riding this season.

Cool pics and I am digging the pic of chad riding the side of Dune. Sand looks refreshing. Like the beer I am drinking now. All I can do is hurry up and wait. First family trip will be Thanksgiving. But I am game for a weekend to tag along with my DDR Peeps,.I am jonezen like a crack head. I need a sand fix.

All I can really say is that this was exactly what I needed. I have not camped at Dumont in well over a year and this little kick off was perfect. We learned a very good rule for camping at Dumont and that is wake up and hit the dunes before you do anything else. Don't make breakfast, don't shower, don't do anything except get your butt on your bike and go ride. It's just what you need to get your day started.

I rarely party like I did on Saturday and from what I remember... I had fun!! Nighttime shenanigans by the camp fire finished off the weekend pretty well for me and water is the key to survive any hangover!!

I'm so glad the season has finally started and I'm looking forward to lots of riding this season.

reminds me of a ride me and pete did a few years back on the two wheelers... 730 AM Warmup Ride lol.. It was wake up hop on the bikes and go warm up lol 5th gear wide open the whole damn ride.. was a freakin blast.

Sweet! Then both of you will be ready for a day trip in two weeks then! :headbang1:

It's the only way to get your day started. ;)

I always enjoy checking out all the pics! It's been too long since my last sand fix, and work has me so busy, I don't know if I am going to get in one trip this season :finger: If I do, it'll be a one day driving frenzy.

Keep the pics coming!