Mt Charleston fires

dunefreak

We have ash all over our yard and cars this morning. So so sad. Our beautiful mountain burning up. Everything is closed, Kyle Canyon and Lee Canyon, on this side and I don't remember the names of the roads on the Pahrump side, going to the mountain. They don't estimate containment until July 19th. I am obviously keeping a close eye on it. I am postponing all my lead hikes until August.

It's super sad... I work at the golf resort just past the mt charleston exit... All the greens are covered in ash... :(

People are probably still golfing there I would imagine, even with the ash and poor air quality?

People are probably still golfing there I would imagine, even with the ash and poor air quality?

Yes... Not many but a few die hards are out here trying to make themselves sick

post-7876-137340534295_thumb.jpg

Can't even see the mountain at the moment

People have been coming up with nosebleeds, sore throat, and headaches all day

It's pretty sad what's happening to one of our only GREEN places with trees. It will be decades before it's the same again. :(

I took these a couple nights ago. The flames were visible at night all the way from Henderson.

post-3-0-51324700-1373570461_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-07121600-1373570463_thumb.jpg

It's pretty sad what's happening to one of our only GREEN places with trees. It will be decades before it's the same again. :( I took these a couple nights ago. The flames were visible at night all the way from Henderson. IMG_2378 (Large).jpg IMG_2394 (Large).jpg

Agreed... It gives me a sick feeling to know that one of my favorite summer places is burning to the ground... They were saying its making its way toward redrock... I'm praying it doesn't migrate all the way to cold creek :'(

All that ash will make for some green grass though. When San Diego almost burned to the ground a few years back my driveway was 1/4 thick of ash. My grass was so green shortly after that. Its back to being dead again....

All that ash will make for some green grass though. When San Diego almost burned to the ground a few years back my driveway was 1/4 thick of ash. My grass was so green shortly after that. Its back to being dead again....

Well burn some sh*t then! lol