The AzzHoles

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, the fingers should be ridden with caution since the little kids play and ride there. isnt there enough of dumont that the fingers can be reserved for kids and little quads. Im not saying not to ride them, but do you all have to haul arse along or across them? problem is that alot of drivers still dont know when to turn it on vs turn it off! just because there is sand, does not mean it is a free-for-all. I used to park next to the fingers, but now I park in flat. got real tired of clowns jumping and speeding on the fingers. speeding and doing wheelies in the flat is nothing more than "look at me, arent I cool, check out my car, I'm bad etc etc". just my 2c since all the above wont change anyway. responsible vs irresponsible.

Reserving dunes for certain riders and OHV's. :laughoff: That would be considered a sanctioned event then.....wouldn't it? There are lots and lots of other small dunes at Dumont....what's wrong with those? :rockwoot:

They are called pit racers. They can only go fast if they think everybody is watching them. Their problem is that out on the dunes they become scared and come back to the flats so everyone can see how fast their car is. Does not matter that their are kids or other people on smaller vehicles it only matters that they be seen as bad azz!

It's still part of the see me generation!

Keep the revs for the dunes, if you don't know how to run the dunes there's no shame in that, fall in line or go on a run with experienced duners and learn.

If you stand back and watch you will see lot's of high HP cars who idle thru the flats for 2 reasons.

1) there are lots of rocks and they may hurt expensive tires.

2)If they go slow lots of people can admire their stuff for longer! :rockwoot:

Reserving dunes for certain riders and OHV's. :2gunsfiring: That would be considered a sanctioned event then.....wouldn't it? There are lots and lots of other small dunes at Dumont....what's wrong with those? :flipoff:

Yep, there are other small dunes, but since the fingers are occupied by motorhomes and children riding, etc, why not stay away and ride elsewhere? By law, if you want to be technical, since the fingers are occupied by camps and people, you CANT ride the fingers faster than 15 mph. If the rangers want to enforce it, they could. I am curious as to why you would fight against for such a small thing for safety of all. I have always riden the fingers slow just to get to the main dunes. Kids are always riding or playing on them. How about giving the kids some room to ride since alot of their machines wont climb on the big stuff and the parents can watch them from camp. I dont think it is too much to ask. 95% of the duners will find this ok with them and the, well, other 5% will always be the problem, no matter what the issue. :laughing::D

By law, if you want to be technical, since the fingers are occupied by camps and people, you CANT ride the fingers faster than 15 mph

Then that goes for the kids also. Slow down or get busted. It always gets me how people think the fingers dunes should be used. I think it's the most contraversial topic yet!! :flipoff:

I am curious as to why you would fight against for such a small thing for safety of all.

....and I'm not fighting it....just asking what opinions are and stating mine. Anyone that knows me well knows that I am all about safety. I learned at a young age what it's all about. My pops lost all 8 fingers on a brake machine!!

I have always riden the fingers slow just to get to the main dunes. Kids are always riding or playing on them.

...and therein lies the whole problem. Pretty soon the cones come up (or metal stakes :2gunsfiring:)...then you can't go left or right because they've been coned off on both sides. Where's the give and take in that whole setup? I ride the fingers slow too to get to where I want to go...... and by the way it was stated previously even that should only be reserved for the kids. :2gunsfiring: This is why it's so contraversial. No one can see beyond their own needs and when there is a conflict like this, it becomes a heated subject.

the parents can watch them from camp

Just as long as those parents don't substitute supervision with the ease of having a convienient playground right there. It seems as though most parents find this too convienient of a way to keep their kids safely busy (or so they think) and not really keep them supervised. Isn't this the most important time to keep them supervised? Teach them right? :2gunsfiring: I do know that my son was supervised well during these times and I know that's not an easy task. Kinda takes away from the adult fun...doesn't it?

95% of the duners will find this ok with them and the, well, other 5% will always be the problem, no matter what the issue. :laughing::D

I'd really like to know where you're pulling your stats from, as I don't feel like I'm in the 5%......there's a thread around here about coning off the finger dunes. Good read....might change your mind on the figures.

I'm not really looking to start an argument....it's just kinda funny how this one tiny subject can be sooooooo contraversial. WHY?

Thank God it's October!!!

Then that goes for the kids also. Slow down or get busted. It always gets me how people think the fingers dunes should be used. I think it's the most contraversial topic yet!! :laughing:

....and I'm not fighting it....just asking what opinions are and stating mine. Anyone that knows me well knows that I am all about safety. I learned at a young age what it's all about. My pops lost all 8 fingers on a brake machine!!

...and therein lies the whole problem. Pretty soon the cones come up (or metal stakes :flipoff:)...then you can't go left or right because they've been coned off on both sides. Where's the give and take in that whole setup? I ride the fingers slow too to get to where I want to go...... and by the way it was stated previously even that should only be reserved for the kids. :talk030: This is why it's so contraversial. No one can see beyond their own needs and when there is a conflict like this, it becomes a heated subject.

Just as long as those parents don't substitute supervision with the ease of having a convienient playground right there. It seems as though most parents find this too convienient of a way to keep their kids safely busy (or so they think) and not really keep them supervised. Isn't this the most important time to keep them supervised? Teach them right? :2gunsfiring: I do know that my son was supervised well during these times and I know that's not an easy task. Kinda takes away from the adult fun...doesn't it?

I'd really like to know where you're pulling your stats from, as I don't feel like I'm in the 5%......there's a thread around here about coning off the finger dunes. Good read....might change your mind on the figures.

I'm not really looking to start an argument....it's just kinda funny how this one tiny subject can be sooooooo contraversial. WHY?

Thank God it's October!!!

stats are from everyday life. 95% of people are ok and the other 5% mess it up for all. there shouldnt be any controversy here. law states 15 mph within 50 feet of camps, cars, people, groups etc. that pretty well sums it up when that particular finger is crowded. if the finger is unoccupied, then haul butt. common sense prevails. nuff said, no point in going on forever. see you at the dunes this weekend. :2gunsfiring: :2gunsfiring:

stats are from everyday life. 95% of people are ok and the other 5% mess it up for all. there shouldnt be any controversy here. law states 15 mph within 50 feet of camps, cars, people, groups etc. that pretty well sums it up when that particular finger is crowded. if the finger is unoccupied, then haul butt. common sense prevails. nuff said, no point in going on forever. see you at the dunes this weekend. :flipoff: :2gunsfiring:

:2gunsfiring: I'll be sure to bring my 100' tape. Just to be safe.

C-ya at the dunes. :laughing:

tell someone gets hurt :loser:

and than all the love in the world wont help :2gunsfiring: :flipoff:

Just keep in mind what the rules are here on DDR. You guys can argue all ya want :talk030: and discuss the controversal topic, but we won't tolerate any threats or personal attacks on this board! :drunk::think:

Can't we all just act like adults? Come on, guys. Raise your mugs up :2gunsfiring: :2gunsfiring: :laughing:

Just keep in mind what the rules are here on DDR. You guys can argue all ya want :loser: and discuss the controversal topic, but we won't tolerate any threats or personal attacks on this board! :rules: :no_no:

Can't we all just act like adults? Come on, guys. Raise your mugs up :2gunsfiring: :talk030: :2gunsfiring:

I have....more than once. :loser: I'm waaaaayyyyyyy over it....and close to drunk as many times as I have raised my mug. :2gunsfiring: :drunk::flipoff::laughing::drunk:

I think we all need a ride to the post-475-1161817730.gif and have some :think: ....or perhaps just a good post-475-1161817779.gif. <----still love the look on the singers face!!

post-475-1161817755.gif

I have....more than once. :rules: I'm waaaaayyyyyyy over it....and close to drunk as many times as I have raised my mug. :2gunsfiring: :think::flipoff::laughing: :no_no:

I think we all need a ride to the post-475-1161817730.gif and have some :loser: ....or perhaps just a good post-475-1161817779.gif. <----still love the look on the singers face!!

post-475-1161817755.gif

:2gunsfiring: Gerald, that post wasn't directed at you. Come on...you know that! :drunk: :2gunsfiring: :talk030:

BTW, nice smilies...some of those might have to be added! :loser::drunk:

Barnycar, I do feel for you man. I hate getting dusted in camp. I hope halloween is more fun for ya'!

:laughing:

As for the other argument- I would rather look at the finger dunes as this...

There are riders on them so why can't the kids go play somewhere else? I will be the first to admit that I am too chicken to do anything really fun on the other dunes, but I can have a good time on the fingers. And they are perfect for riders who are good enough to jump. Little kids screwing around is inappropriate for the finger dunes.

Maybe next time I'll camp right at the bottom of Banshee Hill, I'm sure it'll be a different story then!

Barnycar, I do feel for you man. I hate getting dusted in camp. I hope halloween is more fun for ya'!

:laughing:

As for the other argument- I would rather look at the finger dunes as this...

There are riders on them so why can't the kids go play somewhere else? I will be the first to admit that I am too chicken to do anything really fun on the other dunes, but I can have a good time on the fingers. And they are perfect for riders who are good enough to jump. Little kids screwing around is inappropriate for the finger dunes.

Last time I was at Dumont I rode out to little Dumont with some other DDr's and jr ddr's I think RESPONSIBLE parents would lead their kids out there to ride instead of letting the finger dune be the babystitter!!