HELMET LAW FOR SANDRAILS

OGP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:beerpint:

Here is my two cents. While it may be a free country, I don't want to pay for someone's ER visit neither. Meaning, people don't wear helmets, get hurt, go to the ER and have no insurance. Who flips that bill? This was the arguement used for the helmet law in California. :beerpint: :yeah_whatever:

As for the buggy and car reference. One has been built by a engineer with a degree and the other "probably" wasn't. One was put through a government crash test, the other wasn't. :beerpint:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

Here is my two cents. While it may be a free country, I don't want to pay for someone's ER visit neither. Meaning, people don't wear helmets, get hurt, go to the ER and have no insurance. Who flips that bill? This was the arguement used for the helmet law in California. :beerpint: :yeah_whatever:

As for the buggy and car reference. One has been built by a engineer with a degree and the other "probably" wasn't. One was put through a government crash test, the other wasn't. :beerpint:

You mention cars and trucks go through crash testing...this is true.

What happens when a FREAK I repeat FREAK accident happens and the person could have lived IF he or she had a helmet on.Does the govt now have to mandate helmets in cars and trucks. :flipoff::beerpint:

Edited by sanddunesaddict

You mention cars and trucks go through crash testing...this is true.

What happens when a FREAK I repeat FREAK accident happens and the person could have lived IF he or she had a helmet on.Does the govt now have to mandate helmets in cars and trucks. :beerpint: :yeah_whatever:

That's a loose term in my book. What you say is "Freak" I may say is "horse playing". I don't know the details.

California helmet laws apply to motorcycles and quads not sandrails. Motorcycles and quads don't have seatbelts or a cage to protect the passengers.Back to my original point of you take care of yours and I'll take care of mine. The injuries from people not wearing a helmet in a sandrail is EXTREMELY minimal. And most of the people that can afford a sandrail and all the necessary equipment that goes with that can afford and do have health insurance. Even if I didn't have insurance and got injured and sent to the hospital they wouldn't be sending the bill to your house. YOU DON"T PAY MY BILLS. If you are paying someone elses bills then you are generous or STUPID to say the least. If you are going to argue that your taxes pay for that then you need to get educated on how things really work. If you want to complain about people that take advantage of free health care that is paid for by tax money then look at the welfare system and all the border jumpers out there that are taking your money. I am willing to say that you can't name on incident where someone was injured because they weren't wearing a helmet in a sandrail that is being paid for by you personally or by taxpayer money. It's not like people are getting injured everyday in this case but there are border jumpers that are breeding and have their worthless mongrels in this country everyday without paying one cent for the health care they receive and continue to be paid by your precious taxes in the form of welfare for them and their families.

Bottomline here is if you are going to use tax paid health care as an argument you are completely wrong! It's a non argumnent.

Edited by Don29palms

California helmet laws apply to motorcycles and quads not sandrails. Motorcycles and quads don't have seatbelts or a cage to protect the passengers.Back to my original point of you take care of yours and I'll take care of mine. The injuries from people not wearing a helmet in a sandrail is EXTREMELY minimal. And most of the people that can afford a sandrail and all the necessary equipment that goes with that can afford and do have health insurance. Even if I didn't have insurance and got injured and sent to the hospital they wouldn't be sending the bill to your house. YOU DON"T PAY MY BILLS. If you are paying someone elses bills then you are generous or STUPID to say the least. If you are going to argue that your taxes pay for that then you need to get educated on how things really work. If you want to complain about people that take advantage of free health care that is paid for by tax money then look at the welfare system and all the border jumpers out there that are taking your money. I am willing to say that you can't name on incident where someone was injured because they weren't wearing a helmet in a sandrail that is being paid for by you personally or by taxpayer money. It's not like people are getting injured everyday in this case but there are border jumpers that are breeding and have their worthless mongrels in this country everyday without paying one cent for the health care they receive and continue to be paid by your precious taxes in the form of welfare for them and their families.

Bottomline here is if you are going to use tax paid haelth care as an argument you need to ...(::edited::) It's a non argumnent.

No offense, but you are the biggest naive person I have ever read posts from. Actually, I DO PAY YOUR BILLS along with everyone else out there. What are you, a person living on an isolated island in the middle of nowhere? Every bill you pay is also paying for someone else-like it or not. You talk like you dont have clue about economics etc. The 21 year old deal is just a number, make it 18 then, who cares. The reason there are age limits is because under age children can not make a rational decision concerning their safety. So, they leave it up to people like you to make that decision. So, if your child dies from a buggy crash or whatever, is it their fault or the fault of the irresponsible parent? Like I said, if we dont police ourselves, then the legislatures will and they really dont have a clue about the laws they make. :shake::think:

The whole point here is that wearing a helmet in a buggy is unnecessary. I suppose the next step is to outlaw bikes and quads because you can't wear a seatbelt or do we just put roll cages around them all and add seatbelts. And next thing your going to say is that everybody should wear chest protectors and arm and leg guards and neck donuts. People need to stop playing the what if game. I'm not naive I'm realistic. You don't pay my medical bills or any other of my bills for that matter and you never will. Again you need to worry about your own and let other people be. I'm sure your life is not perfect and until it is you have no right to tell anyone else how to live.

THERE I'M DONE!

Bottomline here is if you are going to use tax paid health care as an argument you are completely wrong! It's a non argumnent.

Your fooling yourself if you think that raising medical costs aren't from non-paying patients. Of course it doesn't come to my house. They add it on to other bill paying people. I have to laugh, you do know this right? :laughing:

As for your second comment(s) :think: But, if your willing to argue this I am game. So, your saying not one white person isn't on welfare, NOR do they get C.A.R.E for their electric bill or gas may it be huh? You need to do some reading and get educated before you speak out loud and relieve all doubt. :shake:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

The whole point here is that wearing a helmet in a buggy is unnecessary. I suppose the next step is to outlaw bikes and quads because you can't wear a seatbelt or do we just put roll cages around them all and add seatbelts. And next thing your going to say is that everybody should wear chest protectors and arm and leg guards and neck donuts. People need to stop playing the what if game. I'm not naive I'm realistic. You don't pay my medical bills or any other of my bills for that matter and you never will. Again you need to worry about your own and let other people be. I'm sure your life is not perfect and until it is you have no right to tell anyone else how to live.

THERE I'M DONE!

Not sure if it addressed to me or not. But, you really are missing the whole point. People steal, store raises prices (you and I pay). You go to the ER and have no medical coverage, the rate goes up and you and I get a higher medical bill. Not all medical insurances cover 100% of your bill. Not sure what policy your on, but you might want to check this out...

Edited by Bound4Dirt

kids cant make a rational decision untill there 35 :shake:

Especially when 1/2 live at home :think: go to college to avoid getting a job and doing something with life. This was not attended to ANYONE, just a general statement.

Edited by Bound4Dirt

The point is that wearing a helmet in a sandrail is not going to make it any safer. There were more people killed or injured in automobiles today alone in this country than people were injured in sandrail related instances all last year. There probably were some injuries that could have been prevented if those in their street cars were wearing helmets. There is a certain amount of risk in everything you do. The definition of safely is to do something without risk so that means you can't really do anything safely.

You need to do some reading and get educated before you speak out loud and relieve all doubt. :think:

I glad you brought that up because you have been proving all along how uneducated you are. You obviously don't have a clue.

I'm thinking we need a helmet law for bicycles before we need a helmet law for sandrailsb. I'm thinking more kids get hurt on bicycles than in a sandcar. So, I guess anything you can get hurt doing, there should be a law protecting you, because you can't make up your own mind............... :think:

actually there is a law to wear a helmet on a bicycle so i guess sandrails are next?

just kidding about the sandrail part joe but there really is a helmet law for any age person riding a bicycle at least in ca. :blink:

The point is that wearing a helmet in a sandrail is not going to make it any safer. There were more people killed or injured in automobiles today alone in this country than people were injured in sandrail related instances all last year. There probably were some injuries that could have been prevented if those in their street cars were wearing helmets. There is a certain amount of risk in everything you do. The definition of safely is to do something without risk so that means you can't really do anything safely.

I hear you, I do. I would like to see a crash test done that shows either way. Maybe someone should call Dateline NBC and tell them to do one :blink: Then we could decide.

I glad you brought that up because you have been proving all along how uneducated you are. You obviously don't have a clue.

LOL! For being a uneducated person I sure bring in $$$. :finger:

Ps. Hit the grammar button when you rip on someone about education :blink::ninja:

Edited by Bound4Dirt

I'm thinking we need a helmet law for bicycles before we need a helmet law for sandrailsb. I'm thinking more kids get hurt on bicycles than in a sandcar. So, I guess anything you can get hurt doing, there should be a law protecting you, because you can't make up your own mind............... :blink:

They actually do in California.

LOL! For being a uneducated person I sure bring in $$$. :finger:

Ps. Hit the grammar button when you rip on someone about education :blink::ninja:

I'm glad you make so much money. I guess that's why you don't mind paying everybodies bills.

It never ceases to amaze me at how others are so overly concerned about my health and my well being. I say pay attention to what's going on in your own back yard you'd be shocked at what little Billy is really doing. What I'm doing has no effect on you or your lives. I pay for my insurance (double-coverage) so I say with no disrespect "shove it". All of this control does nothing but breed hate and that can't be good for anyone. Why should you be so concerned if I kill off what you would call the "low end of the gene pool" anyways? It almost seems like a drug when it comes to telling someone what to do. That's part of the bigger problem our country has........too many laws dealing with stupid sh!t.....all at the expense of being able to control someone else.

I imagine we make it easy for the CBD and others to take our riding areas, as we can't even agree amongst ourselves. :blink:

This website is starting to remind me of a Wal-Mart "blue hair" rally. :finger: Come on people. :ninja:

It never ceases to amaze me at how others are so overly concerned about my health and my well being. I say pay attention to what's going on in your own back yard you'd be shocked at what little Billy is really doing. What I'm doing has no effect on you or your lives. I pay for my insurance (double-coverage) so I say with no disrespect "shove it". All of this control does nothing but breed hate and that can't be good for anyone. Why should you be so concerned if I kill off what you would call the "low end of the gene pool" anyways? It almost seems like a drug when it comes to telling someone what to do. That's part of the bigger problem our country has........too many laws dealing with stupid sh!t.....all at the expense of being able to control someone else.

I imagine we make it easy for the CBD and others to take our riding areas, as we can't even agree amongst ourselves. :thumbsdown:

This website is starting to remind me of a Wal-Mart "blue hair" rally. :loser: Come on people. :coffee:

I strongly agree with this brilliant individual. :thumb:

I am curious as to how many of the peeps saying we need to wear helmets in rails actually have a rail.

And for those of you that are sayng kids should have to wear them, you must not have kids. A young child doesn't have the neck strength to wear a helmet in a rail offroad.