HELMET LAW FOR SANDRAILS

OGP

^^^^^^^^^^^^I couldnt agree more!!

you all amaze me with your comments. its NOT ok for a kid to wear a helmet in a buggy, but it IS ok for a kid to wear a helmet on an offroad atv, dirt bike, go kart, bicycle, skate board, etc. I fail to see your reasoning behind your statements. weak necks, give me a break. if their necks are so weak, then the driver of the buggy has no business putting them in a buggy. one thing is for sure, you can rationalize anything you want to meet your criteria. no point in discussing this any longer, as some people place their heads in a helmet and some place them somewhere else, everyone has a choice for now until laws are made for you. like I said, if you cant make a rational decison by yourself, the lawmakers will do it for you. the more accidents and deaths at the dunes, the more the lawmakers want to get their hands in the kitty. the overwhelming fact is that helmets are safer than no helmets, look around and see all the helmets on bikes and quads. why is that? was that your choice? or did someone make that choice for you?---aaaaaah, maybe the lawmakers made the choice for you!! even though there are laws, you dont have to abide by them--your choice. the only thing that you HAVE to do is die-the only thing that you have NO choice. peace out, ride safe. :thumbsdown::coffee::thumb::loser:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point is that wearing a helmet in a sandrail is not going to make it any safer. There were more people killed or injured in automobiles today alone in this country than people were injured in sandrail related instances all last year. There probably were some injuries that could have been prevented if those in their street cars were wearing helmets. There is a certain amount of risk in everything you do. The definition of safely is to do something without risk so that means you can't really do anything safely.

Hey Don?? You don't really believe "wearing a helmet in a sand rail is not going to make it ANY safer" do you ? CMON :thumbsdown:

you all amaze me with your comments. its NOT ok for a kid to wear a helmet in a buggy, but it IS ok for a kid to wear a helmet on an offroad atv, dirt bike, go kart, bicycle, skate board, etc. I fail to see your reasoning behind your statements. weak necks, give me a break. if their necks are so weak, then the driver of the buggy has no business putting them in a buggy. one thing is for sure, you can rationalize anything you want to meet your criteria. no point in discussing this any longer, as some people place their heads in a helmet and some place them somewhere else, everyone has a choice for now until laws are made for you. like I said, if you cant make a rational decison by yourself, the lawmakers will do it for you. the more accidents and deaths at the dunes, the more the lawmakers want to get their hands in the kitty. the overwhelming fact is that helmets are safer than no helmets, look around and see all the helmets on bikes and quads. why is that? was that your choice? or did someone make that choice for you?---aaaaaah, maybe the lawmakers made the choice for you!! even though there are laws, you dont have to abide by them--your choice. the only thing that you HAVE to do is die-the only thing that you have NO choice. peace out, ride safe. :thumbsdown::coffee::thumb::loser:

Can't you just accept that we have the choice and not you? You can't control everyone yet it appears to frustrate you. This is exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post. The desire to control others when they don't do what you want them to. Why does it have to get to the point where you say the only choice we have is to DIE. WTF does that mean? ...and then wishing PEACE afterwards. You seem like one confused induhvidual. (no not a spelling error) I thought this was open for debate......it seems a little one sided to me. :dunno:

Oh yeah...by the way...it's not the lawmakers making the choice for us it's the voters. People like us.

Wal-Mart rally at Nellis and Stewart......Don you coming? :dunno:

Can't you just accept that we have the choice and not you? You can't control everyone yet it appears to frustrate you. This is exactly what I was talking about in an earlier post. The desire to control others when they don't do what you want them to. Why does it have to get to the point where you say the only choice we have is to DIE. WTF does that mean? ...and then wishing PEACE afterwards. You seem like one confused induhvidual. (no not a spelling error) I thought this was open for debate......it seems a little one sided to me. :blink:

Oh yeah...by the way...it's not the lawmakers making the choice for us it's the voters. People like us.

Wal-Mart rally at Nellis and Stewart......Don you coming? :rockon:

pretty simple. you have a choice to do anything you want, follow the law, break the law or whatever, its your choice. you just dont have to a choice to die, we will all die and you cant stop it. do you wear a helmet on your quad? you dont have to if you choose not to. just because its the law doesnt mean you have to obey. freedom of choice. ps-I dont understand you post above?? what did you say?? nuff said, time to ride. :laughing:

do you wear a helmet on your quad? you dont have to if you choose not to. just because its the law doesnt mean you have to obey. freedom of choice. ps-I dont understand you post above?? what did you say?? nuff said, time to ride. :laughing:

No...I don't own one. Much too dangerous. :blink:

ps-I dont understand you post above?? what did you say?? nuff said, time to ride.

...and I'm not breaking it down into smaller words for ya. :rockon:

pretty simple. you have a choice to do anything you want, follow the law, break the law or whatever, its your choice. you just dont have to a choice to die, we will all die and you cant stop it. do you wear a helmet on your quad? you dont have to if you choose not to. just because its the law doesnt mean you have to obey. freedom of choice. ps-I dont understand you post above?? what did you say?? nuff said, time to ride. :beercheers:

What kind of buggy do you have? If your buggy is so dangerous that you feel you have to wear a helmet maybe it's time to get a new buggy? I'm sure you can afford it. Like I also stated earlier the reason you have to wear a helmet on a bike or a quad is that bikes and quads don't have a roll cage around them and they don't have seatbelts. I'm sure you are one of those guys that wears a helmet in your car. DEE DEE DEE

If I didn't believe it I wouldn't have said it. :laughoff:

Geez, take a breather Don. :laughoff: That's a pretty rediculous statement. I am not for mandatory helmet laws, but helmets do save lives and make most everything safer.

sh*t...here we go again :beercheers::drinkbeer::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::slap:

Geez, take a breather Don. :shake: That's a pretty rediculous statement. I am not for mandatory helmet laws, but helmets do save lives and make most everything safer.

sh*t...here we go again :beercheers::drinkbeer::blury::laughoff::laughoff::slap:

i would wear a helmet in petes rail and a diaper :laughoff::coocoo::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

i would wear a helmet in petes rail and a diaper :laughoff::laughoff::drinkbeer::laughoff::laughoff::slap:

Yeah because you sh*t yourself even on the flats the 1st ride out that one time. You should wear a helmet in that Rhino of yours as well for the next time you roll it. Oh wait, it can't climb hills, that's right. You should be just fine then. :beercheers:

Yeah because you sh*t yourself even on the flats the 1st ride out that one time. You should wear a helmet in that Rhino of yours as well for the next time you roll it. Oh wait, it can't climb hills, that's right. You should be just fine then. :beercheers:

Ouch! :laughoff::drinkbeer:

the best law to make everyone happy,

if you dont wear a helmet then you can NOT wear seat belts either. If your found wearing seat belts you can be fined. LOL..

In the end it solves everyones problems.

I find it strange to compare to bikes and quads. It seems like a red hearing argument. You can or will be ejected from the quad or bike but will not from a rail with out hitting things. Applaes and oranges and a poor argument. The other it is speed. Most rails are faster than most bikes or quads. Not that all wont go fast enough to kill you but many rails can / will go 100 mph on the flats. A couple bumps latter its a wild ride to a stop. It seems strange not to wear a helmet to me, because in any motorsprts areana a helmet is required. Tractor pulling...I mean what can happen, really? drag racing....im mean really your going straight ........what could happen? pro solo, scca, your by your self......on a open course, how could you get hurt?

All we want is ls1/ turboed 350 z/ turboed subaru/ turbo vw, north star, rotary powered light weight cars to run fast over rough terrain? Im really, only a few can do 6 ft wheelies, they only jump them what 60 mph up to 30 ft high, want them to slide like a japaness drifter, and carry your freinds and family while doing it. Oh lets not forget that not one is inspected or built to any guildelines so they are all perfectly safe to start.

Remeber your only 100-200 times more likley to die at he dunes then just carrying on life on a day to day basis. Thats not that much, really.