Dont waste your time when injured.....

GraywolfGraphics

I cannot stress this enough... After hearing about the death from thanksgiving weekend i cannot stress this ehough. IF HURT DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE HOSPITAL IN PAHRUMP. I am a long time resident of pahrump and am gratefull for our new hospital. BUTT..... I went there after our minor roll at Dumont and not only got ridiculed by the nurses for going to Dumont but was also told ot was my own fault i got hurt. The nurse then continued to lecture me for having my 5 year old daughter in a rail. The doctor on duty spent less than 2 minutes with me then after the x rays of my hand came back he never even stopped in the room to tell me the results. Instead he stopped at the door on the way back to the football game on tv to tell me it wasnt broken. The next day i decided to get a second opinion from my fasmily doctor. My family doctor wanted to know why they only x rayed my hand when my arm flew out of the rail when we rolled.After getting a second set of x rays i found out my thumb was fractured and my collar bone broken which was never checked by the emergency room in Pahrump.

That same weekend a friend of ours crashed a quad at dumont and broke his left arm and in the crash bounced his face off the handle bars of his quad(yes he had a helmet on the bars wend through the front opening) he hit his face hard enough to break the throttle controls off the bars and was told in Pahrump not to worry about his nose and that they couldnt do anything for his broken arm and sent him to vegas.... dont waste your time go straight to vegas

I cannot stress this enough... After hearing about the death from thanksgiving weekend i cannot stress this ehough. IF HURT DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE HOSPITAL IN PAHRUMP. I am a long time resident of pahrump and am gratefull for our new hospital. BUTT..... I went there after our minor roll at Dumont and not only got ridiculed by the nurses for going to Dumont but was also told ot was my own fault i got hurt. The nurse then continued to lecture me for having my 5 year old daughter in a rail. The doctor on duty spent less than 2 minutes with me then after the x rays of my hand came back he never even stopped in the room to tell me the results. Instead he stopped at the door on the way back to the football game on tv to tell me it wasnt broken. The next day i decided to get a second opinion from my fasmily doctor. My family doctor wanted to know why they only x rayed my hand when my arm flew out of the rail when we rolled.After getting a second set of x rays i found out my thumb was fractured and my collar bone broken which was never checked by the emergency room in Pahrump.

That same weekend a friend of ours crashed a quad at dumont and broke his left arm and in the crash bounced his face off the handle bars of his quad(yes he had a helmet on the bars wend through the front opening) he hit his face hard enough to break the throttle controls off the bars and was told in Pahrump not to worry about his nose and that they couldnt do anything for his broken arm and sent him to vegas.... dont waste your time go straight to vegas

if that were me, I woulda handed that biotch nurse a nice hot cup of SHUT THE EFFE UP!!

back a few years ago, when the lakers were playing in the nba finals against philly, I stepped on a rake while gardening, and had to go to the ER

the friggin nurses were all huddled around a TV in the break room, which was surrounded by glass, so the patients in their rooms could see in.

I was there for 3 hours to get a freekin tetnus shot!!

I got pissed, and fired off a letter to the hospital directors

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

That's too bad that the p.o.s. hospital in Pahrump is like that. I don't see them being open for long operating the way they have been though. I personally will definitley go to a reputable hospital (or doctor) here in Vegas if I get hurt out there in the future.

It's really sad for the guy, Terry, who passed recently. I don't know if we can point the finger at the hospital, but they definitely seem like they need to spend a little more time checking people out. Maybe if they weren't so quick to say "oh your ok" and send them on their way, Terry would still be here today. :headbang1:

That's too bad that the p.o.s. hospital in Pahrump is like that. I don't see them being open for long operating the way they have been though. I personally will definitley go to a reputable hospital (or doctor) here in Vegas if I get hurt out there in the future.

It's really sad for the guy, Terry, who passed recently. I don't know if we can point the finger at the hospital, but they definitely seem like they need to spend a little more time checking people out. Maybe if they weren't so quick to say "oh your ok" and send them on their way, Terry would still be here today. :headbang1:

sounds like they were all, " oh, youre a duner, @!$%$%#@#$#@%#@%#@%@#@#$@#@#, heres the bill"

It seems to be a common issue with the same thing that happened to the guy that passed -

I have a client that is a dentist office and a person that works there was at dumont last year and wrecked her quad - She went to a hospital here in Vegas and they said ooops you broke your coller bone, do this, this, and this - and then sent her home. The next day she felt real bad, and not in the coller bone section - shure enough her spleen had ruptured.

Another person that I know was in a car wreck a couple of years ago - goes to the hospital - same chit - do this, this, and this to help with the physical pain. Goes home and after a few days he cant even eat. Goes to the doctor - la dee da, nope nothing wrong with you. Continues for a few more days, goes to the doctor - la dee da - nope cant find nothing and yes we were very thourogh this time - you must be sore. A week goes by, and fortunetly his dad is very wealthy, so he flies him to LA to see a doctor there - run a few tests and they can see that he is bleeding internally - get this kid to the operating room.

Five years ago I took my dad to the emergency room cause he just fell to the ground. I had to take him cause I tried to call 911 for a couple of minutes and it was busy. He came back to within a minute, but he was also 80 - not going to take chances. Get him to a hospital and it happens again as Im walking him in. I flip and chit happens like right away. He's there for couple of days, and the doctor comes in when its time to release him, and states that he cant find anything, but he is going to change all of the medication he is taking. He used the same medication probally for 15 years at least - but he is certain that whats causing him to pass out. Bring him home and I go home. Come back the next afternoon after he starts the "new" medication - and lucky me I found him when I did cause his heart was fluttering and was not pumping enough blood.

We live in a very transiate(sp?) state - it seems that most of our professions are very green and in a hurry to get this guy out and get another in - Got to turn Invoices.... I dont think we notice it "cause its part of society" and most of the time its to replaceable objects.....

But quite honestly people I dont think its just those two places - I think its valley wide. They even will agree to it on a small note - they say its because of malpractice insurance - dont you remember this topic that suddenly went away in the media, but not in the excuses for the (un)care the provide.

Just remember despite all the horrible things one may hear or say about any medical professional or particular hospitals, that you hardly ever hear how day in and day out they go about there jobs SAVING LIVES!!! Sure there are bad Doctors, nurses, etc. But I for one am extremely grateful to the healthcare professionals that have SAVED my life and members of my family on more than one occassion!! :north_pole:

I have heard horror stories from damn to many hospitals, I have also seen doctors in emergency rooms do one hell of a good job. Being a retired deputy sheriff from los angeles and having worked some the really nice areas,,not,, I have seen it all. Sorry to hear about the problems with Pahrump as I'm in the process of building a new home there. Anyhow, my coment is this if you get bad service at any store, resturant ect you tell the manager. I would contact the hospital administrater and file a complant. If you not think they are taking you serious contact the state board that governs hospitals.

Where were you guys when they told me to take my dad to Parump. My name is Christy and it's my dad Terry that everyone is talking of. My dad was a humble man and refused the Ambulance because he felt others might need it, had he chosen that maybe he would still be here today. First let me THANK ALL OF YOU for the kind words you have posted here on your site. It's nice to know that strangers who all participate in our favorite past time care about others.

Since Friday evening my family and I have been on a terrible ride. My dad was an AWESOME man that didn't deserve to die the way he did. You are taught to believe in what you are told when you visit a Medical facility and we have learned that that is not always true. I just got off the phone with the lead Coroner a few mintues agao and he confirmed that my fathers accident was indeed going to be ruled an accident, that the lacerated spleen and bleeding of the stomach lining was over looked in the accident and should have been found. His exact words were, "it's an awlful accident (the death) of an accident (them over looking things)." The sad part about all this is that my dad was on blood thinners and just for that should have never been released and then to have a broekn collar bone and 5 broken ribs....what were they thinking! Their follow-up care was to see the family doctor in 4 days, he died almost exactly 48 hrs after his accident. I am one that has always handled things and make sure things were right and it's killing me that I let this get by. I can't bring my dad back but you sure can bet I'll make things right and not let another family have to deal with this terrible tradgey that we are experiencing.

Again thanks from the bottom of my heart for the thoughts and prayers, it means alot to us.

Christy

Where were you guys when they told me to take my dad to Parump. My name is Christy and it's my dad Terry that everyone is talking of. My dad was a humble man and refused the Ambulance because he felt others might need it, had he chosen that maybe he would still be here today. First let me THANK ALL OF YOU for the kind words you have posted here on your site. It's nice to know that strangers who all participate in our favorite past time care about others.

Since Friday evening my family and I have been on a terrible ride. My dad was an AWESOME man that didn't deserve to die the way he did. You are taught to believe in what you are told when you visit a Medical facility and we have learned that that is not always true. I just got off the phone with the lead Coroner a few mintues agao and he confirmed that my fathers accident was indeed going to be ruled an accident, that the lacerated spleen and bleeding of the stomach lining was over looked in the accident and should have been found. His exact words were, "it's an awlful accident (the death) of an accident (them over looking things)." The sad part about all this is that my dad was on blood thinners and just for that should have never been released and then to have a broekn collar bone and 5 broken ribs....what were they thinking! Their follow-up care was to see the family doctor in 4 days, he died almost exactly 48 hrs after his accident. I am one that has always handled things and make sure things were right and it's killing me that I let this get by. I can't bring my dad back but you sure can bet I'll make things right and not let another family have to deal with this terrible tradgey that we are experiencing.

Again thanks from the bottom of my heart for the thoughts and prayers, it means alot to us.

Christy

sorry to hear about your dad but you can't blame yourself when the professionals are the ones to over look what was happening with him just my .02 again my condolences to you and your family

i havent been the least bit impressed with the health care here in the valley but i was lucky to have a good doctor and surgeon last year when my back messed up on me. i guess its no different than with any other buisness, hit or miss with quality. try to get referals when possible. :headbang1: just remember that alot of the people in health care are no different than some of the jackknobs we all have to work with. :rockwoot:

We live in a very transiate(sp?) state - it seems that most of our professions are very green and in a hurry to get this guy out and get another in - Got to turn Invoices.... I dont think we notice it "cause its part of society" and most of the time its to replaceable objects.....

I agree. I went to the hospital a couple times here in Henderson for emergencies. The ER staff just ignored me and after 3 hours, figured out I was in the wrong place and sent me to the OR. During this time I was just hemorraging - no big deal!!! Another time, I got really sick, couldn't stop throwing up. When the ER was taking my vitals, I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. Didn't make it and started throwing up in the hallway in a bag my husband brought for me. No one checked on me and my husband had no idea what happened. Several hospital employees passed me in the hallway, too.

I think my vet gives better service to my animals than our hospitals do!!!

Edited by Kitcat

Christy

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Christy

Hello, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Christy

Christy, Your dads story was the straw that broke the camels back on my feelings about our local hospital. i am very sorry to hear about your tragic and unnecessary loss. My family sends their thoughts and prayers.

No disrespect to anyone, but these areas we choose to ride are not metropolitan areas. As it is, there are enough problems with health care facilities in big cities or towns. These remote facilities probably have a very difficult time recruiting good people. And when they do, I would bet they don't stay long.

Food for thought, we choose a very dangerous hobby, we do it in very remote areas, and we don't always associate all the risks that go along with it. Just my .02 worth.

No disrespect to anyone, but these areas we choose to ride are not metropolitan areas. As it is, there are enough problems with health care facilities in big cities or towns. These remote facilities probably have a very difficult time recruiting good people. And when they do, I would bet they don't stay long.

Food for thought, we choose a very dangerous hobby, we do it in very remote areas, and we don't always associate all the risks that go along with it. Just my .02 worth.

This is completely true, BUT....it's just sad that when you get to a doctor he tells you you are ok and you aren't. If he doesn't know for sure, he should at least be take extra caution and tell you to get checked out the next day to be sure.

I agree, we have a buddy who broke his back jumping in the high desert. "Victim" Valley Hospital released him and he could not even get out the door. I would suggest if you had to go to one of these remote facilities, waste no time in seeing your family doctor to get a second opinion.

My Wife is as deep into medicine as one can get.

Works 4 - 12 hour days a week in frontline ICU.

Checking for internal bleeding is routine, very easy.

Standard proceedure.

Usually the person is sitting there and looks 99% OK, maybe appears to just have their bell rung.

In an hour or two, if not caught they're dead.

We were discussing this the day before Terry passed away.

Happens with internal surgery too if internal organs are not sewn up correctly.

No hospitial should miss or overlook internal hemoraging.

Especially in an impact accident.

The Hospital in Parump is way outta bounds for this family.

We're life flight-ing straight to LV, and we're sitting on everyone involved in our medical care, and our friends medical care.

Edited by Ross and Alice