Items you bought for Toy Hauler

Kitcat

I was looking at some items to get for the toy hauler (when we get one). I've bought a few things at Costco, but I was wondering what items everyone else bought that they could (or could not) live without. I got this cool power washer. I thought it would be neat to use to wash the trailer - and to clean our driveway and house windows, too. How does everyone wash their toy hauler???? I got a few cool things so far like stuff for the kitchen, sleeping bags, emergency lights, etc. I have to look in my hubby's poratble tool box, too to see what he has and doesn't have!!! Any ideas would be GREAT!!!

:finger_smiley:

We have not bought many COOL things yet but we did get a few rubbermaid storage trays for storage area under 5ver, a small compressor, small parts box with drawers for fuses, nuts & bolts ect, eating utencils JUST for the toy hauler, cd player, flat screen tv, portable Mr Buddy propain heater to name a few.

Cat it is hard for some one to tell you what to buy, it depends on you, when we got ours the first thing

we did was get every thing for the kitchen that way you wont forget things to pack (utensils, coffee maker, toaster, ) and one of the best thing to buy is a note pad so when you find some thing that you need just write it down so you have it next time. Some one in camp will have it to let you use this time.

Happy camping

go to camping world, it will break your wallet, but they have everything. as for an outside table, get that at sams or costco. To wash ours, i use the Mr. clean spotless wash system. It's great, you dont have to worry about drying it.....saves alot of time

Cat it is hard for some one to tell you what to buy, it depends on you, when we got ours the first thing

we did was get every thing for the kitchen that way you wont forget things to pack (utensils, coffee maker, toaster, ) and one of the best thing to buy is a note pad so when you find some thing that you need just write it down so you have it next time. Some one in camp will have it to let you use this time.

Happy camping

Thanks dear, but I can add to that. :P

I had to buy queen size sheets, since I had never owned a queen bed before. Oh, the BEST investment was one of those 'pillow top' mattress pads for our bed, very comfy!! I know it may sound silly, but I loaded pillows from the house and replaced them with new.

Like Davey said, I started collecting utensils, from steak knives to scissors, so I didn't have to worry about loading the can opener every trip. I have dish towels and bath towels (again, older ones from the house, nothin' fancy or expensive) that are designated for the hauler, LOL, wash and return. I always keep plenty of paper plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, and plastic utensils on board and keep a list posted on my little bulletin board for when it's time to re-up. And don't forget batteries! I keep a mini tote of all sizes for the flashlights, gameboy, etc.! I even have dishsoap, toothpaste, t-brushes, and shampoo just for the trailer. The way I see it, the less I have to haul on and off every trip the better!

go to camping world, it will break your wallet, but they have everything. as for an outside table, get that at sams or costco. To wash ours, i use the Mr. clean spotless wash system. It's great, you dont have to worry about drying it.....saves alot of time

That is a MUST have!! Ours is picnic style, with the built in benches, heavy duty, not the lightweight aluminum fold away. Found it on sale at Target years ago.

lets see we have under storage so we bought plastic containers for misc. coleman fold down grill collapsable picnic table definately check out camp world for all that stuff .as for cleaning i use the good old rv ext. brush good old green hose and gel gloss rv wash . stuff works great . :xmas_grin:

Thanks dear, but I can add to that. :P

I had to buy queen size sheets, since I had never owned a queen bed before. Oh, the BEST investment was one of those 'pillow top' mattress pads for our bed, very comfy!! I know it may sound silly, but I loaded pillows from the house and replaced them with new.

Like Davey said, I started collecting utensils, from steak knives to scissors, so I didn't have to worry about loading the can opener every trip. I have dish towels and bath towels (again, older ones from the house, nothin' fancy or expensive) that are designated for the hauler, LOL, wash and return. I always keep plenty of paper plates, cups, napkins, paper towels, and plastic utensils on board and keep a list posted on my little bulletin board for when it's time to re-up. And don't forget batteries! I keep a mini tote of all sizes for the flashlights, gameboy, etc.! I even have dishsoap, toothpaste, t-brushes, and shampoo just for the trailer. The way I see it, the less I have to haul on and off every trip the better!

I'm lucky, we used to sleep on a queen and have 2 extra bedrooms with a queen. Lots of queen sheets!! I asked for new utensils and knives for Christmas, so I can put my old stuff in the TH. I love paper plates!!!

lets see we have under storage so we bought plastic containers for misc. coleman fold down grill collapsable picnic table definately check out camp world for all that stuff .as for cleaning i use the good old rv ext. brush good old green hose and gel gloss rv wash . stuff works great . :xmas_grin:

Ok, I'm thinking about taking back the power washer and getting something else for my hubby. His buddy mentioned something about new Craftsman tools that are titanium blue (he loves blue). So, off to Sears today!!

Ok, here's my list based on a lot of years and several RV's

An RV mat for under the awning, keeps the rv cleaner and makes sitting outside a little more comfy

A small folding table(costco$35.00) for sitting the barbq on and an occaisonal cold beverage

A small grill

A portable small propane tank and adapter to the barbq so you don't have to mess with the green coleman bottles

A couple of good flashlights, 1 for inside and 1 in a bay

stakes/nails for holding the mat down and a stout small sledge hammer for installing them

extra folding chairs(so when company comes over to enjoy your mat and awning they can be comfy!

several small blocks of wood for leveling and helping change a flat on the trailer should the need a rise!

paper plates,paper cups and a set of silverware from the house or a yard sale.

Keep the trailer loaded just like you could hook up and leave if you had to, leave towels, clothing toothbrushes etc in and ready to go.

1 last thing is the notepad for items you forget or decide you need so you don't forget them next time your at the store.

I have a web site for RVMAts if you want to look at them.

That's all I can think of right now but I am sure there is more.

Terry

:xmas_grin:

Ok, here's my list based on a lot of years and several RV's

An RV mat for under the awning, keeps the rv cleaner and makes sitting outside a little more comfy

A small folding table(costco$35.00) for sitting the barbq on and an occaisonal cold beverage

A small grill

A portable small propane tank and adapter to the barbq so you don't have to mess with the green coleman bottlesA couple of good flashlights, 1 for inside and 1 in a bay

stakes/nails for holding the mat down and a stout small sledge hammer for installing them

extra folding chairs(so when company comes over to enjoy your mat and awning they can be comfy!

several small blocks of wood for leveling and helping change a flat on the trailer should the need a rise!

paper plates,paper cups and a set of silverware from the house or a yard sale.

Keep the trailer loaded just like you could hook up and leave if you had to, leave towels, clothing toothbrushes etc in and ready to go.

1 last thing is the notepad for items you forget or decide you need so you don't forget them next time your at the store.

I have a web site for RVMAts if you want to look at them.

That's all I can think of right now but I am sure there is more.

Terry

We're lucky, TH came with the BBQ grill that mounts to the outside of the trailer, with propane hookup included. Use that A LOT!

That statement reminded me of one of my "can't live without" items. It's a set of Lodge brand cast iron cookware; dbl burner griddle, skillet, pot w/lid, but especially the dutch oven! Turned out an awesome homemade stew in it, some BBQ pork ribs that would give Hog Heaven a run for their $$, and even baked a ham in it our 1st T-day out at Dumont. Just toss a bag of charcoal on board. Easy cookin' :DDRrocks:

We used to do the dutch oven grill even got a special table for it so it wouldn't be in the sand. But after awhile it just became another thing(heavy) to maintain and mess with carring charcoal, cleaning it . Now we always prepare at least 1 meal that can be done inside I.E. Stew, chili, Beef stroganoff etc. just in case of crappy weather. The other meals we normally plan on Bar BQ.

It sounds like you might already know wht toyhauler you are getting. It may be a good idea to get the basic rv stuff first then when you get the hauler you can check your storage for the "luxury" items after you have loaded up the food, clothes, towels, tp, cooking and eating utensils, foil,plastic wrap, ziploc bags etc. I have to tell the wife that we don't need this or that because of room/weight issues. We have learned on every trip that we need to not bring something or bring something. Remember to make room for what you will need, THEN, start with the other stuff. Just my 2 cents. :laughoff:

We used to do the dutch oven grill even got a special table for it so it wouldn't be in the sand. But after awhile it just became another thing(heavy) to maintain and mess with carring charcoal, cleaning it . Now we always prepare at least 1 meal that can be done inside I.E. Stew, chili, Beef stroganoff etc. just in case of crappy weather. The other meals we normally plan on Bar BQ.

YUP! Always gotta have an alternate meal on board, i.e. :D Soup, stew, something quick on the stove. We spent 8 hrs in Cedar City one year receiving emergency vet care for our 1st lab, Penny. Didn't get back to camp (Navejo Lake area) until after 8pm. Too late to grill chicken, had soup and grilled cheese sammiches instead. Mmmmmm!

Oh, BTW, if you line the ol' dutch oven with foil, makes for easier clean-up. That, or just toss it in back of the truck and clean it at home. :laughoff:

Something no one camping in the sand should be without... a broom! (and dust pan :D )

HALLELUIAH to that one! :laughoff: Add a swiffer mop to that, the little stick one that folds up for easy storage. Got kids and dog, 'nuf said.

Edited by dinicolady

Ok, I'm thinking about taking back the power washer and getting something else for my hubby. His buddy mentioned something about new Craftsman tools that are titanium blue (he loves blue). So, off to Sears today!!

OH NO! My hubby LOVES his power washer, uses it to clean the quads, trailer, riding gear, motorcycle, driveway, etc., etc. :laughoff: I hope she didn't return it already, LOL!

an rv mat is good, or you could get some astro turf. it helps from people tracking sand/dirt into the trailer....alot. as far as luxury items... i got a gas powered blender for my birthday this year.

That's cool. Where do you get a gas powered blender??? That's something my hubby would think was cool!!

I think you guys covered nearly everything except...... A collapsable trash can for outside.. You know, those green ones that turn into a frisbee. They are great! Wish I could add more!

:xmas_grin: Is that what those things are supposed to be used for!?!? We found one out at Dumont during a REALLY windy weekend and I use it as a hamper! :laughoff: Ironically, we found a giant frisbee on that same ride, :boxer:

I'm sorry, I know, :xmas_lipsrsealed: :D