Feb 9th- 11th trip

dunefreak

Me, OGP, DOn29Palms, and possibly a few others are going out. I am planning on meeting Larry & Nannette out there. They are coming down from UT to do a shakedown run trip with Larry's new turbo single seater. :bawl:

post-3-1170558257.jpg

I am also gonna bring my Grizzly and OGP is bringing his Rhino w/ knobbies so we can finally do the Sperry Wash Trail that we have always talked about doing. There shouldn't be too many people out there that weekend being the weekend before President's weekend. It should be a nice time.

Anyone else from DDR plan on going that weekend?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be there 9th to 16th. :dance: :idea::rockon::rockwoot: Should be able to find the DDR camp(s)! :fart: :bawl::grin:

The sperry wash is a fun ride! Went all the way to the talc mine. Be careful of the rocks and washed out roads along the way.

Edited by ntrsandman

Is that bad?

(It's just an inside joke.) :fart:

We'll see you out there. When it gets closer to the 9th I'll post up where I'll be camped. :bawl:

We'll be there Pete. Mabye I'll bring my knobbies and make that run with you.

Sweet! Let's do it. I've been wanting to make that run for a while now. Malcolm, are you doin 3 weekends back to back? :idea: Pres Day too?

Sweet! Let's do it. I've been wanting to make that run for a while now. Malcolm, are you doin 3 weekends back to back? :bawl: Pres Day too?

Yup, three weekends in a row, back to back. When mama says lets go spend some time in the dunes, I don't ask questions. :D :fart:

(LOVE this copy and paste,LOL):

That's the same weekend our next trip is planned for. Teacher in service days Thurs and Fri, no school, so we'll be headin' out either Wed evening or early Thurs morning, return sometime Sunday. Gotta take advantage of those 4 day weekends!! :laughing:

Don't know yet if our 'regular' group is headin' out too, so we may be solo campers yet again. Oh well, had a BLAST last off weekend, expect the same for this one. Lots-o-riding time! :drinkbeer:

Don't know yet if our 'regular' group is headin' out too, so we may be solo campers yet again. Oh well, had a BLAST last off weekend, expect the same for this one. Lots-o-riding time! :laughing:

Kelly, you and Dave should camp w/ us then. :drinkbeer:

The sperry wash is a fun ride! Went all the way to the talc mine. Be careful of the rocks and washed out roads along the way.

We did that run on T-day weekend, well almost. Gotta late start due to an injury to one of our group, so we turned back before hitting the mine. Had about 30 min. ride left to get there, but we were losin' daylight quickly and decided to turn back, really didn't want to ride home in the dark. :drinkbeer: I still wanna do the whole trail one of these days! :laughing:

WOW, that's a quick reply! We just might take you up on that Pete, as long as it's not in the soft stuff...hate gettin' that rig-o-ours stuck! :D

what?....I waited 9 minutes to reply. :laughing::drinkbeer:

It shouldn't be too soft where we plan on camping. :think: Somewhere around bathroom 6...maybe on the harder packed for the 2WD guys. :loser:

what?....I waited 9 minutes to reply. :loser::laughing:

It shouldn't be too soft where we plan on camping. :shake: Somewhere around bathroom 6...maybe on the harder packed for the 2WD guys. :shake:

:think: I wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't hit yee ol' refresh button. Sounds cool, I'll let Davey know! :drinkbeer:

Yep...you got it. I always take pics. :D

(BTW...Welcome to DDR :laughing: )

Thanks. I might be able to make it Saturday but I may be working on the truck rather than tearing it up. Working on it would be a smarter but since it'll be my wife's day off I think I'll be able to get a dune pass before a garage pass. It really depends on the weather. :drinkbeer: Since I'm window-less I may just stay closer to home. We froze when we went to Calico in November.

I a relitively new memeber on DDR and have not even been to Dumont yet. I am thinking about going on this weekend. But since I have never been there I dont know where bathroom six is? Are they actually numbered?

This would be my first rip to the desrt with my new toy hauler.

So would it be cool if I me and my family joined you guys even though we dont know anyone?

Thanks

Jeff

I a relitively new memeber on DDR and have not even been to Dumont yet. I am thinking about going on this weekend. But since I have never been there I dont know where bathroom six is? Are they actually numbered?

This would be my first rip to the desrt with my new toy hauler.

So would it be cool if I me and my family joined you guys even though we dont know anyone?

Thanks

Jeff

Here's a map of Dumont's bathrooms. Yes, they are numbers and pretty easy to find.

Dumont_RestRoom_Map.jpg

Edited by Big_Gunz_

Kelly, you and Dave should camp w/ us then. :finger:

:finger: Pete....

Looks as though most of our usual group will be heading out for this trip after all, so we will be camped in their usual spot this time around. Out passed crapper #9, on the "bluff". Since you'll be out on the Grizzle, swing by camp for a bit, :finger: and meet the bro-in-law! :D

:finger: Pete....

Looks as though most of our usual group will be heading out for this trip after all, so we will be camped in their usual spot this time around. Out passed crapper #9, on the "bluff". Since you'll be out on the Grizzle, swing by camp for a bit, :finger: and meet the bro-in-law! :D

holy crapper 9 is out ther

we'll try to make out to c you :finger: