Feb 9th- 11th trip

dunefreak

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:finger: Pete....

Looks as though most of our usual group will be heading out for this trip after all, so we will be camped in their usual spot this time around. Out passed crapper #9, on the "bluff". Since you'll be out on the Grizzle, swing by camp for a bit, :finger: and meet the bro-in-law! :D

You got it, Kelly. Have a cold one ready for me. :finger::finger:

Right on Pete. It's my Dad's maiden voyage with his new rail. He just put together an old school 4 seater rail with a 2498cc VW motor. Thing hauls a$$, so we are looking forward to seeing what it does up comp and in the dunes.

ILL BE OUT THERE. Everyone i really wanna meet everyone from ddr. Everyone seems really kool on here so i wanna meet people in person. Its hard to reconize you guys just look for the mohawk. PLEASE STOP BY AND SEE WHATS UP im down to meet anyone and go for some good rides.THANK YOU :flipoff::think:

post-1452-1170619063.jpg

Can you actually get to the China Date ranch on this trail?

If you hike or ride a horse you can get to China. No atvs. I think the mileage is "as the crow flies"

Here are a couple pics from the trail. The junk cars are actually kinda cool. All the trash in the area is all old stuff. Soda/beer cans that had pop tops or needed a church key to open. Kinda cool showing a 15 year old in our group all the "old" stuff. Very little "new" trash. This is a couple miles toward the talc mine from the sign. The other pic is the trail looking back towards DD. Take your time and look around as you go. Lots of stuff to see and trails. Be careful as there are narrow areas and rocks that can jar the handle bars out of your hands. :think: Bring h20 and snacks. :flipoff: If you go to the mine, figure on 3-4 hours depending if you sightsee or race.

post-1452-1170619199.jpg

Edited by ntrsandman

Pete, what time are you taking the trail? We can't be out till Sat AM due to a Friday commitment. But we want to take the Rhino on that trip with you guys.

Hey Terry. I am not getting to Dumont till Friday night anyways so probably sometime late morning or early afternoon Saturday is when we are gonna do the trail ride. That would be great if you make it out. :flipoff: We'll be somewhere around bathroom 6, probably in the spot from the cleanup last year. Either way, you can't miss us. Are you bringing out the m/h or just the truck?

Oh and kid w/ mohawk- I'll keep an eye out for you. :think: Where will you be camped at?

Take your time and look around as you go. Lots of stuff to see and trails. Be careful as there are narrow areas and rocks that can jar the handle bars out of your hands. :grad: Bring h20 and snacks. :flipoff: If you go to the mine, figure on 3-4 hours depending if you sightsee or race.

Totally true! Hard to sight see and watch the trail at the same time, boom, OUCH! :think: I was told the trail is about 40 miles, sound about right? We didn't get all the way to the mine, but planning to do it this trip! Not many spots you can race, IMO, narrow and rocky, but I like it like that. (We pulled off to yield to on coming riders quite a few times.) Sightseeing is what trail riding is all about. We're gonna get an early start this time and pack a picnic lunch to take with us. At our pace, we should be back to camp for dinner! :D

Hey Terry. I am not getting to Dumont till Friday night anyways so probably sometime late morning or early afternoon Saturday is when we are gonna do the trail ride. That would be great if you make it out. :flipoff: We'll be somewhere around bathroom 6, probably in the spot from the cleanup last year. Either way, you can't miss us. Are you bringing out the m/h or just the truck?

Oh and kid w/ mohawk- I'll keep an eye out for you. :think: Where will you be camped at?

im not complety sure yet i guess theres a big ddr camp going maybe is what im figuring. So ya if i see you guys ill stop by i know that my family is going to the left and thats about it. were not complety sure yet

Totally true! Hard to sight see and watch the trail at the same time, boom, OUCH! :flipoff: I was told the trail is about 40 miles, sound about right? We didn't get all the way to the mine, but planning to do it this trip! Not many spots you can race, IMO, narrow and rocky, but I like it like that. (We pulled off to yield to on coming riders quite a few times.) Sightseeing is what trail riding is all about. We're gonna get an early start this time and pack a picnic lunch to take with us. At our pace, we should be back to camp for dinner! :D

If the sign is accurate, It would be about 30 miles round trip from camp to the mine and back. I figure we went between 10-15 mph. stops to drink, p, and photograph. Did not worry about fuel.

Forgot to mention, It can get real dusty on the trail. Can't see the guy infront of you Dusty! I wore a bandana to keep from breathing dust. Dirt tires can and will pick up rocks and throw them in any direction, including you. As my wife and her quad can attest to, the trail is alot harder to land on than the sand!

Boy I wish I was goin'!

post-1452-1170630760.jpg

We does one get a cool wagon like that?

From what I understand, Larry (ShortSandCars) made that wagon.

im not complety sure yet i guess theres a big ddr camp going maybe is what im figuring. So ya if i see you guys ill stop by i know that my family is going to the left and thats about it. were not complety sure yet

Why do you figure there is a big "DDR Camp"? Me and a few of my buddies are going out and camping together. I don't if that's what you consider a big ddr camp, but whatever. :laughoff::think: We'll be somehwre around bathroom 6 in case anyone stops by to say hi. :laughoff:

Where is your "DDR Camp" gonna be? :blink::flipoff: :grad: Off to the left you say?

If the sign is accurate, It would be about 30 miles round trip from camp to the mine and back. I figure we went between 10-15 mph. stops to drink, p, and photograph. Did not worry about fuel.

Boy I wish I was goin'!

Ohhhh ok...that doesn't sound that too far. Wish you could make it, bud. :flipoff: