Feb 9th- 11th trip

dunefreak

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the sign is accurate, It would be about 30 miles round trip from camp to the mine and back. I figure we went between 10-15 mph. stops to drink, p, and photograph. Did not worry about fuel.

DITTO! :beercheers:

Edited by dinicolady

can a 450r on dirt tire make that trip? fuel should be all right but im sure to be safe we could throw a jug in the bed of a rhino?

450r? No Problem! :DDRrocks: We had no issues with a kfx700, a trx400, a honda 80 2 wheeler. ther is alot more shifting and braking. :beercheers: I aired the tires up to max and adjusted them when we got on the trail. 4-5 lbs should be fine. Dirt tires for sure! unless you want to destroy your paddles. There are a few water crossings but should not be more than a tires depth.

your my friend remember the xmas party.

your not supposed to pick on your friends. B)

you know i luv ya Kayla thats why i pick on you :beercheers:

it's all good going to really do my best to get out there for the ride

Hey Terry. I am not getting to Dumont till Friday night anyways so probably sometime late morning or early afternoon Saturday is when we are gonna do the trail ride. That would be great if you make it out. :beercheers: We'll be somewhere around bathroom 6, probably in the spot from the cleanup last year. Either way, you can't miss us. Are you bringing out the m/h or just the truck?

Oh and kid w/ mohawk- I'll keep an eye out for you. :DDRrocks: Where will you be camped at?

Pete, we're bringing the motorhome and the flatbed with 2 Rhino's. Walt will be diving Richards. If none of our regular group is going we will join you at # 6 if that's ok?

Hey Terry. I am not getting to Dumont till Friday night anyways so probably sometime late morning or early afternoon Saturday is when we are gonna do the trail ride. That would be great if you make it out.

So this sounds like it could turn into an official unofficial DDR run!

You know Pete, our camp would be a good meeting spot, could take the railroad tracks down to the wash. Or meet near the Ranger station or even meet at the trail head, you know the wooden landmark we all pass on the way in, just before the wash? Is 10:00 too early to shoot for? Who would prefer a bit later?

Pete, we're bringing the motorhome and the flatbed with 2 Rhino's. Walt will be diving Richards. If none of our regular group is going we will join you at # 6 if that's ok?

Terry that would be great if you joined us. You know you are welcome anytime. You can bring any of the rest of your group over too if you'd like. I don't plan on any loud music or crazyness this trip. Just some nice chill times with good friends. We'll park on the HARD pack so you don't bury your M/H again. :DDRrocks::beercheers:

So this sounds like it could turn into an official unofficial DDR run!

You know Pete, our camp would be a good meeting spot, could take the railroad tracks down to the wash. Or meet near the Ranger station or even meet at the trail head, you know the wooden landmark we all pass on the way in, just before the wash? Is 10:00 too early to shoot for? Who would prefer a bit later?

I'd say let's meet at the ranger station area at 10 AM. That sounds good to me. Your camp might be kinda hard to find for some peeps considering they don't know exactly where you'll be or what truck/ trailer you have. Know wud I mean? :loser:

I'd say let's meet at the ranger station area at 10 AM. That sounds good to me. Your camp might be kinda hard to find for some peeps considering they don't know exactly where you'll be or what truck/ trailer you have. Know wud I mean? :loser:

Yeppers!! Sounds like a plan to me!! :DDRrocks::beercheers:

P.S. Technically I could give the exact grid location, but I think the Ranger station is a good central location, everyone knows where that is! :D

I Know that Im new here but I should be out there friday night or early saturday hopefully the sand wont be tore up too much :DDRrocks: at least it will be warmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :loser:

Cool. See you Saturday am if you make the Sperry Wash ride. :beercheers: Even if you don't make the ride, meet up at the ranger station area to say hi. :D