Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Hmm maybe we'll go earlier in the day than I planned. didn't know it was so long of a trail.

That and you have to keep in mind the whole ride home is into the sun! :D

Posted (edited)

If the sign is accurate, It would be about 30 miles round trip from camp to the mine and back. I figure we went between 10-15 mph. stops to drink, p, and photograph. Did not worry about fuel.

DITTO! :beercheers:

Edited by dinicolady
Posted

can a 450r on dirt tire make that trip? fuel should be all right but im sure to be safe we could throw a jug in the bed of a rhino?

450r? No Problem! :DDRrocks: We had no issues with a kfx700, a trx400, a honda 80 2 wheeler. ther is alot more shifting and braking. :beercheers: I aired the tires up to max and adjusted them when we got on the trail. 4-5 lbs should be fine. Dirt tires for sure! unless you want to destroy your paddles. There are a few water crossings but should not be more than a tires depth.

Posted

your my friend remember the xmas party.

your not supposed to pick on your friends. B)

you know i luv ya Kayla thats why i pick on you :beercheers:

it's all good going to really do my best to get out there for the ride

Posted

this sounds like fun might have to day trip it with the wife's rhino :DDRrocks::beercheers:

This trail ride is perfect for the Rhinos/Rangers/Golf Carts! Good practice run for a newbie! :P

Posted

This trail ride is perfect for the Rhinos/Rangers/Golf Carts! Good practice run for a newbie! :P

I think i see where u r going with this

point taken Kelly

Posted

Hey Terry. I am not getting to Dumont till Friday night anyways so probably sometime late morning or early afternoon Saturday is when we are gonna do the trail ride. That would be great if you make it out. :beercheers: We'll be somewhere around bathroom 6, probably in the spot from the cleanup last year. Either way, you can't miss us. Are you bringing out the m/h or just the truck?

Oh and kid w/ mohawk- I'll keep an eye out for you. :DDRrocks: Where will you be camped at?

Pete, we're bringing the motorhome and the flatbed with 2 Rhino's. Walt will be diving Richards. If none of our regular group is going we will join you at # 6 if that's ok?

Posted

YNOT's going to be camping with us? No effin way! There goes all the loud music and partying until the sun comes up! :beercheers:

You know I'm just kidding right?

Posted

Hey Terry. I am not getting to Dumont till Friday night anyways so probably sometime late morning or early afternoon Saturday is when we are gonna do the trail ride. That would be great if you make it out.

So this sounds like it could turn into an official unofficial DDR run!

You know Pete, our camp would be a good meeting spot, could take the railroad tracks down to the wash. Or meet near the Ranger station or even meet at the trail head, you know the wooden landmark we all pass on the way in, just before the wash? Is 10:00 too early to shoot for? Who would prefer a bit later?

Posted

Pete, we're bringing the motorhome and the flatbed with 2 Rhino's. Walt will be diving Richards. If none of our regular group is going we will join you at # 6 if that's ok?

Terry that would be great if you joined us. You know you are welcome anytime. You can bring any of the rest of your group over too if you'd like. I don't plan on any loud music or crazyness this trip. Just some nice chill times with good friends. We'll park on the HARD pack so you don't bury your M/H again. :DDRrocks::beercheers:

So this sounds like it could turn into an official unofficial DDR run!

You know Pete, our camp would be a good meeting spot, could take the railroad tracks down to the wash. Or meet near the Ranger station or even meet at the trail head, you know the wooden landmark we all pass on the way in, just before the wash? Is 10:00 too early to shoot for? Who would prefer a bit later?

I'd say let's meet at the ranger station area at 10 AM. That sounds good to me. Your camp might be kinda hard to find for some peeps considering they don't know exactly where you'll be or what truck/ trailer you have. Know wud I mean? :loser:

Posted

Maybe ill leave the knobbies on the bike and join you guys :D Would be diffrent... :D Can still play in the dunes with knobbies did it for 1.5 yrs before i swapped to a paddle. :D

Posted

I'd say let's meet at the ranger station area at 10 AM. That sounds good to me. Your camp might be kinda hard to find for some peeps considering they don't know exactly where you'll be or what truck/ trailer you have. Know wud I mean? :loser:

Yeppers!! Sounds like a plan to me!! :DDRrocks::beercheers:

P.S. Technically I could give the exact grid location, but I think the Ranger station is a good central location, everyone knows where that is! :D

Posted

Maybe ill leave the knobbies on the bike and join you guys :D Would be diffrent... :D Can still play in the dunes with knobbies did it for 1.5 yrs before i swapped to a paddle. :D

:beercheers: I don't even own a set of paddles for my quad! :DDRrocks:

Posted

I Know that Im new here but I should be out there friday night or early saturday hopefully the sand wont be tore up too much :beercheers: at least it will be warmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDRrocks:

Posted

I Know that Im new here but I should be out there friday night or early saturday hopefully the sand wont be tore up too much :beercheers: at least it will be warmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDRrocks:

Put some knobbies on your Suzuki and join us for a ride!!!

Posted

I Know that Im new here but I should be out there friday night or early saturday hopefully the sand wont be tore up too much :DDRrocks: at least it will be warmer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :loser:

Cool. See you Saturday am if you make the Sperry Wash ride. :beercheers: Even if you don't make the ride, meet up at the ranger station area to say hi. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV


×
×
  • Create New...