dumont via pahrump?

giannamyhero

hey i have noticed that alot of people seem to go the blue diamond rd. route out to dumont and i was wondering why?? i live in henderson and tow a 30ft hauler and thought the straight shot to baker was better?? i only hate the truck/slow lane as it is filled with a lot of potholes and jumps :laughoff: is the hill going to pahrump smaller?? smoother road?? quicker?

Edited by giannamyhero

Tecopa road is a little tight in a few spots and the road is kind of rough once you get into CA however you can go into pahrump and make a left on crawford it is little longer but a much better road and still not alot of interference from the cops

We used to do the Blue Diamond version, but this is the 2nd season doing the Pahrump route for us. We're up in the N/W area, so the 95 is just a few blocks away. Yes, a little longer, but we fuel up the truck and the bellies and don't have to worry about them "switchbacks". :D

hey i have noticed that alot of people seem to go the blue diamond rd. route out to dumont and i was wondering why?? i live in henderson and tow a 30ft hauler and thought the straight shot to baker was better?? i only hate the truck/slow lane as it is filled with a lot of potholes and jumps :thumb: is the hill going to pahrump smaller?? smoother road?? quicker?

:woo_hoo: Our group clocked it out, going to Baker is 40 longer then going the blue diamond route. :mischevious: All the traffic going that way are other duners so if anything happens someone will for sure stop. :smoker: We always head out there late at night after everyone gets off work, about 11-12 at night and there is still a lot of drivers out there heading to the dunes. The only thing to scary when driving that way is watch out for Tecopa very simillar to :thumb: The Hills Have Eyes. :hump: (Has anyone ever seen anyone in that town walking around?)

Yep. One time I stopped in Tecopa and waited for a friend at the center of the town where the trees are at that round-about. Some old guy drove up, stopped, got out of his truck, and walked really slow over to the building that resembles a store/bar/whatever. The front door was wide open but noone was around. So he popped his head inside. He said "hellooo?". A woman came out and greeted him. He asked "what are you selling here today?" She said, "selling? I'm not selling anything. This is my house!" He apologized and said "oh I'm sorry I thought this was a store." She said "that's ok, it actually used to be a store, then a restaurant, then a bar. None of those succeeded so we made it our HOUSE :D " They went on talking about nothing and at that point I was like "WTF? :thumb: I gotta get the hell outta here." :woo_hoo: :mischevious:

Wow you really stopped, :smoker: that was dumb, :thumb: good to see you made it out alive. :thumb:

I assume that it was in bright day;ight, :woo_hoo: I would never stop at night even though thats when we always pass through. Any place that has one building for a community functions (If a community really is there, all 2 people) k-12 grade, church, funeral home, and the cars never move about the small town is just a little :mischevious: to me.

We used to do the Blue Diamond version, but this is the 2nd season doing the Pahrump route for us. We're up in the N/W area, so the 95 is just a few blocks away. Yes, a little longer, but we fuel up the truck and the bellies and don't have to worry about them "switchbacks". :D

Do you mean you used to do the Tecopa version and now you do the Pahrump version? You have to drive past Blue Diamond to get to both. Right?

Im with 1320... how the heck to people decide to live there? Great great grand pappy's wagon broke down there and thats where they ended up? Im from Fresno ad couldnt wait to get out of that town I couldnt imagine Tecrapa

Im with 1320... how the heck to people decide to live there? Great great grand pappy's wagon broke down there and thats where they ended up? Im from Fresno ad couldnt wait to get out of that town I couldnt imagine Tecrapa

I'm from Merced/Mariposa. :P

not if you live on the waay north side of town... your talkin 30 min to 160 30 min to pahrump and 30 minish to the dunes.. bout the same if you ask me.

Ok....it just seems to me like you are travelling North...then West...then doubling back and going South....and by the time you get to the 160 Amardusthole is a lot closer.

Has anyone put the trip meter on that route? :dunno: Time for Google Maps.

Maybe they take the 95 north to 160 then across??

that's my route exactly...used to go thry the Red Rock loop, thru Tecopa. Too many traffic lights for me now with the growth. Living @95 & N Durango it's about 130 miles door to dune, and about 85 miles to Amargosa. :dunno:

Edited by Dooner