Got hit in my truck tonight

mineurbiz

Well was trying to just go home and just stopped at the light to go over 95 on Cheyenne infront of olive garden and BAMMMM!!! I was used as a set of brakes by a Nissan Altima.

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Good ole :ban-split: tough trucks, only ended up with a bent bumper and hitch. That is why I always leave my ball in the receiver.

iam up by 1, plus a 2 wheeler crash too!!!!

OK someone give me their keys, I have to catch up to Cole aka rag!!! I am lucky in one aspect, I only lost a bumper and a hitch, my truck can be fixed with a couple hours labor. Still sucks to have it happen thought.

Edited by mineurbiz

glad u are ok. this why i roll with a hitch in the receiver as well. fuggin idiots not minding the road...BAM!!!

hey, wasn't that like a 3000lb hitch :ban-split::rockwoot:

Yeah I am find thank you, more upset that now I have to find a tow vehicle to tow the flat trailer next weekend. Should already have one lined up just sucks!! The girl who hit me had just got rear ended 3 months ago.

That ball has saved me before with my old truck, put a hole in the other guys bumper and did not do a thing to mine. Definate benefit to running around with it in. It was a nice hitch, heck it stopped that Altima and about pushed the front of her car in 1 1/2 feet.

Well was trying to just go home and just stopped at the light to go over 95 on Cheyenne infront of olive garden and BAMMMM!!! I was used as a set of brakes by a Nissan Altima.

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Good ole :rockwoot: tough trucks, only ended up with a bent bumper and hitch. That is why I always leave my ball in the receiver.

It just so happens that I have a bumper off my '04 that should fit yours in my garage that I'm looking to sell real cheap...was gonna post an ad in here, but if you're interested pm me. I suppose you'll let their ins. co handle it though...

Edited by Dooner

Gotta love big Trucks..!!!! I got rear ended in October. I was in My 3/4 red dodge. Little effin chevy Colorado plowed me going 50-55 when I was stopped. I was thinking "ohh this is gonna hurt." He went under my bumper for the most part. My draw bar fileted his front end. We were still in the lane of traffic. So I went to move my truck, it felt bad because I dragged his truck to safety with me!!! :laughing: the wrecker and I had a tug of war to get them seperated, GOOD TIMES!!!! :laughing:

I would have love to see that tug-O-war match, must have been hilarious (not for the owner of the colorado).

I was looking and my bumper "may" be fine, could need to be adjusted or possibly a bracket or two. I know the black pad on the step part has to be replaced and the hitch, but there might be hope for the bumper.

Dirty, do you know Tom Arlt?

I always leave my hitch in also. For that exact reason. :rockwoot:

The only problem with that is people who don't know its there always bang their shin or knee on it. :DDRrocks:

Sorry peeps :thumb:

I just look at that as a free little giggle when it happens to others and an opportunity to cuse like a truck driver when it happens to me.

I guess you guys have never heard of this, but if you leave your hitch in your receiver on your truck your frame is actually prone to MORE damage due to the fact that the impact is more concentrated in one spot. Ask some body shop writer/ estimators or insurance adjusters. Just my :beercheers:

I guess you guys have never heard of this, but if you leave your hitch in your receiver on your truck your frame is actually prone to MORE damage due to the fact that the impact is more concentrated in one spot. Ask some body shop writer/ estimators or insurance adjusters. Just my :mc_smiley:

Good to know, guess I always figured it would help save the bed on smaller impacts.

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00346.jpg

Good ole :mc_smiley: tough trucks, only ended up with a bent bumper and hitch. That is why I always leave my ball in the receiver.

BY THE WAY YOUR HITCH IS POINTED DOWN I'D SAY YOU HAVE SOME FRAME DAMAGE TO BOTH RAILS... LOOK WERE YOUR HITCH CONECTS TO THE FRAME AND YOU'LL SEE TWO BUCKLES, NOTHING THAT WE CAN'T FIX...

BY THE WAY YOUR HITCH IS POINTED DOWN I'D SAY YOU HAVE SOME FRAME DAMAGE TO BOTH RAILS... LOOK WERE YOUR HITCH CONECTS TO THE FRAME AND YOU'LL SEE TWO BUCKLES, NOTHING THAT WE CAN'T FIX...

I will probably be bringing it to Findlay, you guys did the work on my Fiances Suburban and it looks good. I did look underneath and you can see where the bolts moved in the bumper brackets, almost like it moved it out of adjustment. I am not body guy so I will let someone else tell me what is wrong. If it needs more than a bumper and a hitch, I wont be taking it in until the end of the month. Need to take the 5th wheel out on the 23 - 25. It just sucks now, I have to get a remanufactured bumper, which may be no big deal, it is more the principle of it all.

• 3 weeks later...

it happened to me in a f150 the little car exploded in flying parts but the f150 (with hitch) held on other than fords crumple zone which bent the frame he hit me at about 40 i was sitting still. :beercheers: i have like a 19" neck i think it helped me to from whiplash that truck wasnt lifted i caught it square.

Edited by barefoot bob