lifted trucks

barneycar

why do people who use there trucks to pull big trailers lift them. the a$$ of the truck drags the ground and the nose is in the air and makes it hard to see over the hood. the fuel milage has to go way down with my big azz trailer I don't get very good milage pullin. just my observation. :beercheers::coocoo:

why do people who use there trucks to pull big trailers lift them. the a$$ of the truck drags the ground and the nose is in the air and makes it hard to see over the hood. the fuel milage has to go way down with my big azz trailer I don't get very good milage pullin. just my observation. :beercheers::coocoo:

Ive wondered that myself :dunno: I guess for looks

The lifts are coming that way too. Mine (DR) was 4". But the front was 4" and the back was 2" and they called it "level lift". I had to put in a add-a-leaf to get 4" in the front and 3" in the rear to avoid that look.

• 1 month later...

The lifts are coming that way too. Mine (DR) was 4". But the front was 4" and the back was 2" and they called it "level lift". I had to put in a add-a-leaf to get 4" in the front and 3" in the rear to avoid that look.

they come that way because almost all trucks built have a 2" rack. the back is 2"s higher than the front.

there for 4 front ,2 rear + the 2 you allready have = 4 front, 4 rear = level. if you tow, the add-a-leaf was a good choice to keep the truck frome looking so squatted.

why do people who use there trucks to pull big trailers lift them. the a$$ of the truck drags the ground and the nose is in the air and makes it hard to see over the hood. the fuel milage has to go way down with my big azz trailer I don't get very good milage pullin. just my observation. :smoker: :laughoff:

Yeah my fuel mileage is a little less, but I never have to worry about burying my truck and getting stuck when pulling my trailer past vendors row at dumont. I can pull through still in 2wd. And yeah it is mostly for looks! :laughoff:

Besides my trailer would make a stock height truck look like an S-10.

post-63-1177002586.jpg

Yeah my fuel mileage is a little less, but I never have to worry about burying my truck and getting stuck when pulling my trailer past vendors row at dumont. I can pull through still in 2wd. And yeah it is mostly for looks! :pissed:

Besides my trailer would make a stock height truck look like an S-10.

post-63-1177002586.jpg

Damn, JJ. You are soooo cool! I wish I could lift my truck and be one of the baaad boyz like you. :pissed::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Damn, JJ. You are soooo cool! I wish I could lift my truck and be one of the baaad boyz like you. :flipoff: :worthless_without_pics: :dope::laughoff:

I might be missing something but weren't you asking Craig to price out a lift for you recently? :think:

That's right, you want to be as cool as me! :flipoff::laughoff:

I might be missing something but weren't you asking Craig to price out a lift for you recently? :flipoff:

That's right, you want to be as cool as me! :laughoff: :worthless_without_pics:

Yes... exactly. I want to be cool just like you, but I just can't afford a lift and be that cool.

I guess I'll have to just settle with my stock height, "S10" looking truck. :flipoff::dope::laughoff:

Yes... exactly. I want to be cool just like you, but I just can't afford a lift and be that cool.

I guess I'll have to just settle with my stock height, "S10" looking truck. :laughoff: :worthless_without_pics: :dope:

nah pete ive seen your truck it looks good :laughoff:

IMO lifts are mostly for looks...

only time i know of for performance is prerunners

I've allways lifted my trucks because I use them. I do a lot of hunting and 4wheeling were I need the extra ground clearance, to get over or threw an opstical, or out of a sticky situation. and it also helps with this low a$$ lake water puting my boat in the water, it may not be deep enought for you 2wheel or stock highth trucks but I have no problem, the lift alows me to back in farther then if i was stock... ohya and it turns heads too.

Edited by DIRTY DYKSTRA

why do people who use there trucks to pull big trailers lift them. the a$$ of the truck drags the ground and the nose is in the air and makes it hard to see over the hood. the fuel milage has to go way down with my big azz trailer I don't get very good milage pullin. just my observation. :happydrunks::beercheers:

I'll answer. First let me say I went with a Donahoe Racing 4" lift and used a block and a add-a-leaf to avoid this. Mine doesn't sag. I have the OEM leaf springs.

People want the bigger lifts and the need to change out the leafs to get this. The aftermarket leafs don't have the same payload as the OEM springs do.

With a diesel, I really don't think it makes much difference. They should get some air bags to fix it, but I see most don't.

With a diesel, I really don't think it makes much difference. They should get some air bags to fix it, but I see most don't.

We have the airbags on our diesel....definately NO lift on that bad boy!! Davey installed a compressor, so the bags work like a charm.

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/gallery/al...%29_%282%29.JPG

Ok it,s mostly for looks. but when you have a 5th wheel and a lifted truck and for it to be right you have to lift the trailer to match the truck . This puts the trailer real high in the air and makes it unstable to pull in the wind so is the cool factor worth it????????????

Ok it,s mostly for looks. but when you have a 5th wheel and a lifted truck and for it to be right you have to lift the trailer to match the truck . This puts the trailer real high in the air and makes it unstable to pull in the wind so is the cool factor worth it????????????

You didn't ask that question. That is why I have a bumper pull. I just have a long shank for the weight distribution. If I had a fifth wheel, I wouldn't have my obnoxiously high truck.

I don't think they are obnoxious just think that when I see one of these trucks pulling a 30 ft or biger and the a$$ of the truck is just about to drag the ground and the driver is looking out the side window it can't be safe.most of these I see coming out of Glamis