Where did our green sticker money go? Email state senators!

list of state senators.

list of california representatives

Find your state senator and representative on the above lists. . you can copy/paste (just ask chase how to do it!!) my letter if you want....Just put their name after the dear part. remember, calling is better than an email

dear

As one of over 1 million off-road registered vehicle owners in the state of California who pays 25 dollars every two years to register my vehicle, I am baffled at the loss in funding at Dumont Dunes off-highway vehicle recreation area.

Dumont Dunes O.H.V.R.A was funded with a little more than 600 thousand dollars last year for operation and maintenence, with the remainder of the 1.1 million dollars needed to operate made up by visitors fees. This year, however, no funds were allocated to Dumont Dunes O.H.V.R.A, which means that the people who frequent Dumont must make up the difference in funding, even after paying our registration that is supposed to be allocuted to such O.H.V.R.A 's

I would like an answer as to why the money I currently pay every two years isn't being utilized as it should, prompting me to spend even more of my money for recreation.

please contact me at your earliest convenience

sincerely

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

That actually is a great point! What really boggles my mind is how not only do we pay to get our green stickers, but where on earth is the money going when we pay to get into dumont? I know that they charge at LEAST 20.00 per vehicle to get in, some vehicles are there just to camp. I understand that they have to pay to get the outhouses cleaned out and such, but where else is all the money going to? If they are paying the rangers the rest then damn, im in the wrong profession ya know? lol jk :drinkbeer:

oh and if ne 1 can correct me please do, cuz I really dont know what all else there is out there to fund. :dance:

Rangers arent cheap... holiday pay, overtime, travel, not to mention the medics and having them out there all weekend. Western maintenance who handles the ticketing gets paid. the camp hosts get a small piece of it but thats only a small portion of the pot... but you are right alot of it has gone other places where who knows.

list of state senators.

list of california representatives

Find your state senator and representative on the above lists. . you can copy/paste (just ask chase how to do it!!) my letter if you want....Just put their name after the dear part. remember, calling is better than an email

dear

As one of over 1 million off-road registered vehicle owners in the state of California who pays 25 dollars every two years to register my vehicle, I am baffled at the loss in funding at Dumont Dunes off-highway vehicle recreation area.

Dumont Dunes O.H.V.R.A was funded with a little more than 600 thousand dollars last year for operation and maintenence, with the remainder of the 1.1 million dollars needed to operate made up by visitors fees. This year, however, no funds were allocated to Dumont Dunes O.H.V.R.A, which means that the people who frequent Dumont must make up the difference in funding, even after paying our registration that is supposed to be allocuted to such O.H.V.R.A 's

I would like an answer as to why the money I currently pay every two years isn't being utilized as it should, prompting me to spend even more of my money for recreation.

please contact me at your earliest convenience

sincerely

I think you need to get off of your high chair and go to the TRT meeting and see where your money is going before you start steiring everbody up.

:DDRrocks::rockwoot::beercheers: :mc_smiley:

I think you need to get off of your high chair and go to the TRT meeting and see where your money is going before you start steiring everbody up.

:DDRrocks::rockwoot::beercheers: :mc_smiley:

YEP...I completely agree! RICHARDCHEESE, that is one of the biggest topics at hand at the TRT meetings. I would try and attend the next meeting to understand how the funds are used before you start a rant or e-mail senators.

They passed out some paperwork with this on it. I'll get it and post it up later on sometime. Maybe give a better understanding. There were some places I could see some savings at, but most of the money goes toward the big weekends with LEO/Medical. SF Woody :beercheers:

There was something, I think only like 1.8% of green sticker money comes back to the dunes. Most of the money granted/passed is from the state tax on fuel.

Edited by wsky70

YEP...I completely agree! RICHARDCHEESE, that is one of the biggest topics at hand at the TRT meetings. I would try and attend the next meeting to understand how the funds are used before you start a rant or e-mail senators.

posted by dinicolady

you mean like how you attended a meeting, Pete? :bawl:

real easy to BAG on someone online isn't it people :ban-split::ban-split:

If you remember, i live in Bakersfield, and have my hands full with what is going on at pismo beach, another giant gov't clusterf#$% of disappearing money from OHV funds from green stickers.

Don't you think I would attend a meeting if I could? I don't have the convenience of only living 2 hours away from the meeting, like you do.

I CHOOSE to get involved any way I can, which was post that information. Maybe if you researched before you complain about what I do, you would have seen that green sticker money in Ca has actually gone to close riding areas down? What better way to complain about taxation without representation that to get ahold of your elected officals? you got a better way?

you have no idea what goes on in the Ca green sticker program, because you don't live here, pay taxes here and follow the money

If you have nothing better to do than bash a fellow duner, who has the same principals and wants regarding dumont, or any riding area for that matter at heart well then :finger:

Hey richardcheese, I think what they are trying to say is when we went to the meeting they gave us exact figures of the money and where it was allotted. Ed with CORVA showed me and my wife an exact breakdown of how the money was allocated. I think before I sent my letter I would want it to be exact so they know I know what I am talking about and don't dismiss me because the numbers are incorrect. Ed said he would send me exact figures so i could mail my senator about the grants that were not given.

I think Pete has done more by starting this site than most of us.

posted by dinicolady

you mean like how you attended a meeting, Pete? :bawl:

If you remember, i live in Bakersfield, and have my hands full with what is going on at pismo beach, another giant gov't clusterf#$% of disappearing money from OHV funds from green stickers.

Don't you think I would attend a meeting if I could? I don't have the convenience of only living 2 hours away from the meeting, like you do.

I CHOOSE to get involved any way I can, which was post that information. Maybe if you researched before you complain about what I do, you would have seen that green sticker money in Ca has actually gone to close riding areas down? What better way to complain about taxation without representation that to get ahold of your elected officals? you got a better way?

you have no idea what goes on in the Ca green sticker program, because you don't live here, pay taxes here and follow the money

If you have nothing better to do than bash a fellow duner, who has the same principals and wants regarding dumont, or any riding area for that matter at heart well then :finger:

Dude take it easy relax. I really dont think Pete was bagging on you.

posted by dinicolady

you mean like how you attended a meeting, Pete? :clap:

Yeah WTF, Jason??? I wasn't bagging on you whatsoever, nor was anyone else as I read it. :laughoff::bawl: I was merely stating a fact that the TRT meetings are very educational in discussing the use of funds at Dumont Dunes. I meant for you go check out one of the meetings before you go resorting to other means of ranting about the problem. I didn't know you were trying to address the issue of how funds were used in other places than Dumont (since this is a DUMONT site).

No, unfortunately I personally could not the attend meeting this time around just like you couldn't. There were actually more important things that came up in my life...like my highly demanding, busy schedule at WORK which supports my dune addiction. So before you go trying to tear ME a new a$$ about something you took the wrong way, please get your facts straight. I wish I could have attended the meeting just like I know you wish you could have too.

I appreciate your involvement with such issues and the info you posted about them, but sometimes I think should you read your posts thoroughly before hand. Try and read them from a differnet point of view other than your own. I think you came off much differently than you meant to. :laughoff:

Yeah WTF, Jason??? I wasn't bagging on you whatsoever, nor was anyone else as I read it. :blury::dunno: I was merely stating a fact that the TRT meetings are very educational in discussing the use of funds at Dumont Dunes. I meant for you go check out one of the meetings before you go resorting to other means of ranting about the problem. I didn't know you were trying to address the issue of how funds were used in other places than Dumont (since this is a DUMONT site).

No, unfortunately I personally could not the attend meeting this time around just like you couldn't. There were actually more important things that came up in my life...like my highly demanding, busy schedule at WORK which supports my dune addiction. So before you go trying to tear ME a new a$$ about something you took the wrong way, please get your facts straight. I wish I could have attended the meeting just like I know you wish you could have too.

I appreciate your involvement with such issues and the info you posted about them, but sometimes I think should you read your posts thoroughly before hand. Try and read them from a differnet point of view other than your own. I think you came off much differently than you meant to. :dope:

hey kettle, this is pot, your black.

whatever, but telling me to get off my high chair??? wtf is that??? maybe you should have thought about that in someone elses point of view.

how can you insinuate that I think i am above anyone?? I merely posted a link to CA reps and senators, with a pre-formed letter.

as I said, do the research on the green sticker program fees, and how they have been pilfered before calling me out....i suppose you want me to do your homework for you too??

just like you, I have a highly demanding job. I also partake in off roading, and I have a family to boot. but to tell me i should attend a meeting to understand how the funds are spent is like preaching to the choir. I see first hand how the green sticker money is spent.......just for an example

green sticker money pilfering

I am not just banging the drum about allocated funds for Dumont, but the ENTIRE program. Dumont is but one riding area of probably more than 50 designated areas. my post wasn't just to complain about dumont.

I personally don't see why ANYONE would think it is out of line to contact your elected officials for fees you, oh sorry I pay to wonder where they are being spent. and you bust my ballz for that???

:coocoo:

Damn! No one is busting your balls! If you already know how they funds are spent you should have said... Hey this is what is going on, write to your gov't officials if you don't like it. Instead you asked a question and a couple people told you where to get the answer.

You have a good cause, you just need to be more specific or word things better.

You can't rail on Pete for not giong to the meetings, if it weren't for his site you wouldn't have a place to get the word out at all.

Here let me say this Richard Cheese. Shut the eff up. Take your frustrations out on the right people. You sometimes ramble on like this is a blog instead of a forum,I usually enjoy your posts, mostly when you are being funny. But to watch you go off on Pete simply because he suggested to get MORE FACTS before you send off you letters, so your efforts wouldn't be deemed as non factual, non sensical, non viable, etc.

You have seemed like a fairly decent guy that likes to talk ALOT and thats fine I am one of them. But now I am starting to think that you just like to talk sh*t and be as a$$. there I said it and I stand by it. If I am wrong I will give you a heartfelt apology.

Oh and by the way. Pete did not say "get off your high chair" simply a quote from another post!!!

Can't we all just get along!!! :laughing:

Evidently not sometimes. :dunno::dope:

Here let me say this Richard Cheese. Shut the eff up. Take your frustrations out on the right people. You sometimes ramble on like this is a blog instead of a forum,I usually enjoy your posts, mostly when you are being funny. But to watch you go off on Pete simply because he suggested to get MORE FACTS before you send off you letters, so your efforts wouldn't be deemed as non factual, non sensical, non viable, etc.

You have seemed like a fairly decent guy that likes to talk ALOT and thats fine I am one of them. But now I am starting to think that you just like to talk sh*t and be as a$$. there I said it and I stand by it. If I am wrong I will give you a heartfelt apology.

Oh and by the way. Pete did not say "get off your high chair" simply a quote from another post!!!

Ken as much as I want to say that second sentence in some posts, there are rules. :coocoo: I appreciate you explaining furthermore what I meant to RICHARDCHEESE, but I don't think he is gonna understand what we are trying to tell him.

I really don't even have the energy to keep :blury: about this. I'm really tired of the internet arguing on here lately.

whatever, so nice to tell me to shut the effe up. I have seen some pretty sick opinions on this site, and NEVER told anyone to shut the effe up.

WOW, if this is what it is coming to, then effe it.

if you guys think there is something wrong with my initial post, I don't see it. why don't you point it out to me, rather than tell me to get my facts straight.

maybe you've never made a mistake in your life, like I have, so help me correct it, instead of telling me to shut the effe up

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

posted by dinicolady

Ummmm, :coocoo: you quoted the WRONG person on that one. It was my hubby, dinicolada that attended the meeting and posted that reply to you, not me.

It was he that explained to me that CA's green sticker $$ goes to a GENERAL fund, not directly to a Dumont Dunes fund. It's divied up dude, all over CA. The funds from OHV stickers we purchase here in NV also goes into the same general fund.

On a positive note, interesting link you posted. Amazes me how much interest in this sport has grown over the years!

Edited by dinicolady

[]

Ummmm, :coocoo: you quoted the WRONG person on that one. It was my hubby, dinicolada that attended the meeting and posted that reply to you, not me.

It was he that explained to me that CA's green sticker $$ goes to a GENERAL fund, not directly to a Dumont Dunes fund. It's divied up dude, all over CA. The funds from OHV stickers we purchase here in NV also goes into the same general fund.

On a positive note, interesting link you posted. Amazes me how much interest in this sport has grown over the years!

I never said it goes directly to Dumont. sorry about the misquote there. I know it goes into a fund, and is spent the way board sees fit. which brings me to my next point.

the board has an opening, which, the ASA is hoping to get a pro off-roader in there to balance to board out. I guess it has been lop-sided for a few years, with the greenies ramming the agenda down our throats.

board member quits

vickey should be breaking this up but ill try

richard is right

we should write in and ask why our money was taken

richard is wrong pete is very busy he contributes to the offraod community in positive ways to numerous to lay out.

the ohv commission gave that money to pay for some enviromentalist audit and pay for more fencing for more closures. i got that from the corva rep if i misunderstood him i invite him or vickey to set me straight.

but if there is inaccurate info on richards letter make it right to your knowkedge the thing is however write them let them know were alive and not happy with what there doing.

several offroad areas were denied funding not just dumont . Its still up in the air if the funding will come back next year. so yes! by all means write in. its your ohv money being used to implicate more closures.

not support your recreating...................

i.m.o. you dont need to attend trt to contribute wright letters let them no were pissed.............

p.s. dini was that you in the pinkfloyd shirt ??? why didnt you say somthing like hi im dinicolada. :D

p.s.s. no richard the remander was made up of user fees they were made up of grants which are being cut as well . and a small percentage of user fees going to upkeep.now user fees will provide up keep. no we dont pay for lifeflight

p.s.s.s. vickey knows infinately more than i do i think if she gave us a draft of a letter that we could send in we should do as such.......

Edited by barefoot bob